Sign in to follow this  
Mako.

A Bandit's Tale: Friendship, Lies, And Betrayal

Note: This is a true series of events played by me and my friend, however certain elements are added to the story to make it look like more of a realistic first person view. Be warned fellow bandits/ readers, this is a long one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, i guess i should start at the beginning, that's as good as a place as any to start, right? I just recently got the game and spawned near cherno. I've been watching sacriel and other youtube personas play so i had a good idea of where to check for some loot. After hitting the bars, fire station towers, and supermarket, i was pretty pimped out for a newly spawned. Alice pack filled with 6 sodas, 6 cans of food, 3 painkillers, 3 morphine injectors, and a couple of extra mags, most of the needed tools , hatch , compass, map, hunting knife, matches, an 1886 winchin with 5 shells , m1911 with 4 mags, and the feeling of me being able to conquer the world 225 sq km map. I was exiting the northern most firestation tower when i hear the sound of running footsteps, and the frantic shouting of a person saying ' FRIENDLY FRIENDLY, DO NOT SHOOT PLEASE DON'T SHOOT'. I saw he had an AKM on him and thought ' Well that gun sure does look shiny and he could just be lying to steal my stuff'. I raise my iron sights , aimed center mass and was about to pull the trigger when i see a train of about 10 zombies chasing him, my once smiling face turned to panic as i realized that the zombies would be both on me and the new guy. I quickly typed in 'Turn around and shoot or we both die'. He follows the ordered and we both funnel the zombies into the doors of the fire station. The army of zombies is quickly dispatched, and he turns to face me, with the AKM on full , pointed directly at my face.

At that moment i was kicking myself for helping this guy i didnt know and now we were in a situation where both of us would end up with low blood and broken bones. He lowers his weapon to my surprise and gives me a blood bag, he yells thanks into the mike as he runs away. Stunned, i walked out the back door and checked my inventory as if it was all a trick and i had been robbed. Everything was accounted for and it seemed as if, DayZ was alot more friendly than i thought. I ran after him and typed in " WAIT , Do you wanna partner up atleast?'

And that was how it began,

we were a dynamic duo, i was always more inclined to the support/overwatch role so when we were on our way to Starry after raiding zelno and a couple of deer stands and found a cz rifle in a barn, i took it and gave the M4a1 CCO SD to my partner ( Zero.) which i had looted from an afk in a bush. I sent him to the tents in Starry while i watched it from the North hill with the tree line (maybe its the south.... I forget what direction its exactly in)

covering me as i sighting the tents with my trusty CZ rifle. I hear him in our chat channel screaming for me to come down. I hear silenced shots and i quickly recede back into the tree line until i hear him saying ' Sorry, it was just a zombie,' I rush in and find a dead survivor with 2 ghillies , an AS50 with 3 mags, 2 night visions, some silenced mags for my partners m4a1 and a range finder. Me and Zero were jumping were joy, and paranoia. We grabbed as much goodies as we could get and hauled ass into the forests.

We wrecked havoc in the north western field, we were setting up in our usual position for the daily hunt, i was on what we called the 'barracks hill' which provided me with vision of the barracks and the hangers and the control tower. He was set up in the treeline by the barracks located in the middle of the field by the hangers. We took down a squad of 3 , 4 lone wolves, and a duo much like us. The loot was mediocre to our dismay, a mag for me, a g17 , which we didnt like to use, some nades, and a coyote backpace. We were already pretty decked out, only missing a pair of NVG for my CQC partner and a couple of silenced m9s.

Eventually we got ourselves a nifty little camp. It was located around devil's castle, with 2 dirt bikes, an atv, a sedan, and a very very damaged heli. We took our dirt bikes out to refuel and maybe pick up some extra jerry cans to help the heli get that much closer to working. We knew it would take quite a while and luck to get that thing running once again after we got shot at so many times by the unsuspecting crew we stole it from. We didnt know what to do except hunt for NVGs and engaged in PVP at western. Hell we even staged challenges declaring those who beat us could have our gear. ( We normally keep the good stuff at camp such as the extra ghilles, Silenced weapons , m107s, NVGS)

Life was good for Mako (me) And Zero. That is until that fateful day, when i took the dirtbike to Cherno to save Zero's ass after he had gotten in a conflict with a crew with a fucking bus. I was in the North East Air Strip looking for some helicopter parts when i heard him over the mic to come and help. i typed in that i was coming from the strip and for him to hop on his bike to come towards me. We met up in Soli but something was strange. ( If your wondering why i don't use skype, mumble, or TS to talk with my mic, i broke it during a session of CSS and broke it in a rage ) He was holding an L85 AWS when i met him in the barn where it provided us with cover, and the high ground advantage. He said he got it from killing a guy in Starry and looting him the night before. I told him to take out his silenced M4 so zombies wouldn't interfere with the on coming firefight but he said that the zombies would slow in the doors, protecting us from a blitz. It was unlike him to be so comfortable with the idea of a shitload of zombies surrounding us. I heard the bus coming so i ran up the stairs and looked with my range finders. I saw a team of maybe 3 fully armed with AKs heading toward us in a big blue bus. Seconds later i heard a choppa and saw it deploy 3 more guys, one with a L85. I was about to tell Zero how we might be saved if the choppa crew was not with the bus until i saw him right behind me with the gun pointed right in my face, I typed in, you weren't in trouble were you?' He replied 'No, i joined a new clan, a clan that can provide me more goodies and more security than your lame ass sniping could.' i typed in, you gonna kill me and loot me? He said 'No, i wouldve done it while you entered this Shed, youve been a good partner, for that i want your equipment and i'll give you a 10 second start to your bike to run.' i dropped my as50 and NVGs and rangefinder. I was starting down the stairs when i alted to check behind me. Zero broke rule number one of our team ' never loot until your area is clear or have a fellow teammate watching you. i walked back up, took our my m1911. and empty 2 mags into his body. Over excessive? Maybe, but i knew i would be dead. I saw that the sniper and l85 were paired up in a sniping position. The advance team was already almost through the doors. I took the Sniper, range finders, NVGs, his l85 (at the cost of 5 blood bags, 3 epi- pens- and 2 cans of beans) and the mags. I ran as fast as i could when i heard the firing of Aks and the yelling of the crew shouting for me to surrender or die. i had a broken leg but still alive. I crawled out, leaned to the right emptied 3 clips of pistol rounds into the barn to keep them back. i gave myself a shot of morph and drove away on my bike. I had to get back to the camp before Zero told the heli pilot where it was.

When i got back, i shot all the wheels of our transportation except the extra atv we had just recently repaired, took all the silenced weapons and mags and dumped them into the atv, put in as many jerry cans as the atv's inventory could hold and threw a nade into the center of the camp just to release some anger. i drove away and set up a new camp. I was angry, my partner that i had so trusted for the past couple of weeks, had turned out to be a traitor, sold me out for a stupid l85. As i was driving away from the carange of our camp i heard the rotors of a helicopter. I knew they would spot me in the open plains and i couldnt outrun them so i got off, took out my sniper and started taking shots at the helicopter. It banked away and soon after, 2 UAZs came and deployed a squad of men to raid my former camp and kill me. One of which happened to be Zero himself. I wanted to take out as many douchebags as i could so i hid in the trees, patiently waited, and when they finally thought they could enter the camp site, i typed in BONZI MOTHER FUCKERS' and threw out 2 m67 frags and sprayed with one of the extra m4s i had salvaged. Unfortuantly the nades did more damage to me as i ran right where they fell and only manged to give a couple of broken bones .

I respawned in kamenka, headed north and that is where i am now. Hunting in the north, all by myself, lonely, armed only with a ak korba and some cans of food. Looking for a new partner. If you would like to partner add me on steam 'cloudchromatic' and sorry i have to communicate only with chat, no mic ): and i can only play on certain servers, most servers and i mean like 99% i have very serious lag issues with.

Note: Yes this is a true story, you can call it a fake or 'too bullshitty' but it did happen. Some might say 'oh he presses so much that it is true that he makes it too obvious that he's lying' but i dont give a fuck.

• Like 9

Nice story, quite enjoyed that, thanks for sharing. It's a cruel world out there. ;P

• Like 2

wow, that's a pretty legit story. Tragic, but a good story, I've found an l85, a bizon, a as-50, all have been glitched away :// but i'd be willing to partner with you if you don't kill me, i have quite a bit of friends that can help us both get back on our feet, we could from a camp etc. if you don't turn on us, we won't turn on you :)

wow, that's a pretty legit story. Tragic, but a good story, I've found an l85, a bizon, a as-50, all have been glitched away :// but i'd be willing to partner with you if you don't kill me, i have quite a bit of friends that can help us both get back on our feet, we could from a camp etc. if you don't turn on us, we won't turn on you :)

haha i'll might have to take up your offer but i might take some time. I'll have to solve my lag issues with the game first, i keep freezing up every half minute and its quite annoying and makes me a huge livability, plus i have no mic xD

Choppers though?

yes they exist in game though very rare and really only belong to extremely organized squads or a hacker

Apprently chopper still excist on some older servers where they used to be enabled. New server can't spawn them however unless hacked.

Apprently chopper still excist on some older servers where they used to be enabled. New server can't spawn them however unless hacked.

ah yes thank you, well theres the answer

I will team if you like. Also, search "DayZ ramdisk" on youtube, it will stop that annoying lag most likely

Nice story, we has lone wolfs must show those little teams how you must play without DC. No matter what happens we stay until the end. These gys are probably not good players, they rely in the group, but all chain has weak links that can be easily broken.

Wow, a tragic story that was masterfully told! Nice, you have my beans :)

I've read it, very nice work. if you could get a mic my group is looking for more people and we could use a good sniper to keep over watch.