alt-f4 is not a feature or an option in DayZ. it is a windows shortcut to close a program. there is no 'valid excuse' to use it

"but I don't want to get killed by hackers" is not an excuse. it's also a slippery slope that leads to people alt-f4'ing every time the think someone's hacking

alt-f4 is not a feature or an option in DayZ. it is a windows shortcut to close a program. there is no 'valid excuse' to use it

"but I don't want to get killed by hackers" is not an excuse. it's also a slippery slope that leads to people alt-f4'ing every time the think someone's hacking

It is actually.

am I just wana say that If you 100% sure the guy is a hacker like invincible or invisible or teleporter or you see a plane in the sky so clearly you got to DC. specially when u see half of server suddenly die.

thou I can understend that some ppl are bad att judging and DCing without hard proof.

It is actually.

no its exploit. if you mean as a feature thingy. in any case exploit. which is ok to use against hacker thou in my opinion

Edited by evkol001

It is actually.

it is what?

I think it doesn't work in most games because they have it disabled. but it will close almost any windows program

try it now if you don't believe me :D

Id like to know why tanks dont exist?

You know the movie "I am legend"

The guy pretty much has his pick of whatever vehicle he wants to drive. Hes like the last living guy and everyone else is just zombies.

Isnt that the same thing DayZ is trying to get accross? Surely there has got to be some car dealerships that have some vehicles in stock.

And Tanks! Cmon. Its gotta be pretty tough for a zombie to destroy a tank. Why in DayZ would there be none left?

Ok, you want tanks in game. How about attack choppers, fighters, ground attack planes and a couple of warships. I mean theres a decent size military airfield so there must be military aircraft, and theres a sea/ocean so ships would be fine as well.

Would instantly ruin the game imo.

Question: If you are running through the woods and a frickin TANK comes rolling up to you....is that a VALID excuse to ALT - F4?

No. Grow some balls!

Ok, you want tanks in game. How about attack choppers, fighters, ground attack planes and a couple of warships. I mean theres a decent size military airfield so there must be military aircraft, and theres a sea/ocean so ships would be fine as well.

Would instantly ruin the game imo.

So.. Zombies cant drive the cars, but they can walk away from helicopter crash sites? meaning they can fly helicopters? And yet the zombies are the only ones that can actually find the damn choppers cause other wise they just dont exist.

UMMMM>>> this game is getting dumber and dumber.

So.. Zombies cant drive the cars, but they can walk away from helicopter crash sites? meaning they can fly helicopters? And yet the zombies are the only ones that can actually find the damn choppers cause other wise they just dont exist.

UMMMM>>> this game is getting dumber and dumber.

I think the idea is they became infected and crashed the helicopter

Fact #1 There are no tanks.

Fact #2 If you saw one it was spawned in.

• Like 1

from what i can tell, some people WANT to be killed by a tank...after being alive for a long time...wtf, people.

Guys, didn't you see what I posted? tanks DO exist in DayZ, they are just extremely, extremely rare.

Also, this

I sure as hell would XD

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. The guys you were watching may have found a hacked-in tank, but they absolutely are not officially in the game. Just like jets/any other vehicle you can think of, hackers can hack tanks in. They can even be repairable, as I imagine the effects of the modded repair items are global for vehicle types since it would be kinda silly to do it individually per vehicle (someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the items just fix a particular broken part for each vehicle. I'd imagine that a hacked in tank with broken treads could be fixed by tires).

I'm pretty sure that the items and vehicles listed on the DayZ wiki are pulled straight from the databases, so if it's not listed there it's almost certainly hacked in. The only exceptions would be bugs or hidden changes introduced with a patch, each of which would be discovered rather quickly especially if tanks were spawning.

I'm not saying that whoever you were watching play hacked in the tank, but it certainly was hacked in at some point by someone, because they do not 'naturally' spawn. At all.

it is a same script as on other vihicles....no new hack level actually. btw dun forget to mention what server was it for us not to go there ;-)

Why does everyone keep saying this, surely it would affect every server depending which the hacker decided to join?

Tanks aren't so bad they're clearly an exploit from miles away. Yesterday I'm in the rail yard at Elektro and I hear a vehicle cruising up along the road by the railway. I hit the deck and crawl behind the platform. The offroader stops on the road just past the gate and one guy gets out and runs into the railyard, it must be a scout and they've come for the fuel. Then he seems to be running straight for me, I'm 50 yards away and hidden behind the platform. I get ready for him to show himself. Next thing I know four explosions go off in as many seconds just inside the railyard gates each about 10m apart, clearly somebody with a grenade launcher is trying to take out the scout. I shit my pants, the scout ran the other way back to the vehicle, I got up and ran into an industrial building to alt+f4.

yeah my encounter went something like that. except more explosions and death.

Guys, didn't you see what I posted? tanks DO exist in DayZ, they are just extremely, extremely rare.

Also, this

I sure as hell would XD

eb6.jpg

With popularity comes the inevitable cheats, idiots and hacks....

Makes sense, sadly shows how bad can people be. Even pay real money to mess someones day...

And sniping noobs is what? Sorry mate but as long as griefers exist i will support hackers by not reporting them.

Some some servers support tanks as of requests from the people that play them. Some of these turn into massive battles which is quite fun to watch.

Some some servers support tanks as of requests from the people that play them. Some of these turn into massive battles which is quite fun to watch.

Please do not resurrect old topics with something that is not significantly constructive.

• Like 1