Xexyz

Fun with Scripting

Firefighters can fight fire with fire, but freedom fighters flirting with fire get fried.

There, now that have have got enough aliteration in there... What you are doing is dangerous if you like playing DayZ. It is probably better left to the developers. You know the risks and the costs (about $30) I can't condone it, but I can look the other way.

Just be careful, you walk the line. One day you may find you crossed it.

Cheats will be cheats. It is not the players' task to get rid of all those hackers and scripters but the one of the dev team to provide the server admins with tools to counter them. Even if you have good intentions it's not enough to justify your actions. Imagine if everyone would run around with scripts and say that they'd use them in case they find someone suspicious. It just makes you another cheater. A noble one maybe but a cheater nontheless. While the admins are powerless you might be able to pull it off but remember what happened to all the guys in comics or novels who kill to stop people from killing.

If you're really doing it only for the reason you stated, then I'm fine with it. Although, you say you kill them after teleporting them to you... But I thought the typical script kiddie had his god mode on constantly.

To be fair, I've only done this 4-5 times, and only on 2 different servers. I haven't met anyone who survives an AS50 round yet. I did run into one that survived a bunch of lee enfield rounds point blank once. Still died to a single AS50 moments later.

Thinking that over just now, I guess you could just TP them way up in the air, and consistently keep TP-ing them them there until they hit respawn or leave the server. Anyone able to verify an actual immortality script being used?

Firefighters can fight fire with fire, but freedom fighters flirting with fire get fried.

There, now that have have got enough aliteration in there... What you are doing is dangerous if you like playing DayZ. It is probably better left to the developers. You know the risks and the costs (about $30) I can't condone it, but I can look the other way.

Just be careful, you walk the line. One day you may find you crossed it.

I actually bought a second copy (while it was cheap) to play on for when this happens. I fully expect to get caught at some point, so preparing for the inevitable.

Cheating is cheating and your just a script kiddie. Why dont you go write some real code if you want a pat on the back....

I'm not sure if you know this, but writing code doesn't make you super cool. Or even a hacker. This label of "script kiddie" is really depressing, because generally what someone offers as the alternative to that is really not that amazing.

Ooooo we walk the gray line with this one!!! :huh:

Vigilante hacker/cheater now there is an oxymoron if I ever!!! <_<

I agree with what you do as your playing them at there own game. ;)

BUT and its a fucking dirty great big BUT!!! :o

You still cheating and battleye/server admins wont know the difference so you going to get banned in the end no matter what!! :(

Carry on if you can afford it and fraps it (before you get banned) so we can laugh are arses off at cheaters getting a taste of there own shit!! ;)

And to all thoses that respond burn the witch at the stake, heretic, hacker, cheater, fuck you, fuck that etc! At least someone has taken the inishative !!! :rolleyes:

I hope your ban comes quickly and i hope you get banned again, Using cheats to kill other hackers is just cheating, You are no knight you are just a fucking other scumbag in dayz with hack's.

If i do see you on a server i am playing in you won't be there long.

I'm not sure if you know this, but writing code doesn't make you super cool. Or even a hacker. This label of "script kiddie" is really depressing, because generally what someone offers as the alternative to that is really not that amazing.

Riiiiiiggghhhhtt. Because writing the code and creating a fully functional program is definitely not as cool as writing a script to run the code someone else developed. Creation is definitely not as cool as piggybacking off of someone else. Way to go buddy, continue breathing stupidity....

More like DayZ Robin Hood.

Some people know how to cheat without being grievers. If you are one (and you seem to be. The way you write is mature, not manure).

Just don't fall for temptation on your "Main" account when someone killed you and you started thinking that, well, it'll be easy to just get new stuff.

Riiiiiiggghhhhtt. Because writing the code and creating a fully functional program is definitely not as cool as writing a script to run the code someone else developed. Creation is definitely not as cool as piggybacking off of someone else. Way to go buddy, continue breathing stupidity....

You said nothing about creating a fully working program, you simply stated that they should go write some real code. I am concerned by your logic and your immediate need to question someone's intelligence.

What counts as a full program? Do you get to decide? If so, I would be concerned. How many lines of code does it need to be? How long does one have to work on it, to ensure they are counted amongst the "cool" group? If I or someone else makes a calculator in any IDE of your choice in a half hour or so, does that count?

I'd suggest being more specific if you're going to get upset when someone quotes you, especially if you plan to take it personally.

Well here's my first post after lurking for a while. Enjoy.

I cheat. However, let me explain before you crucify me. I do not, under any circumstances, use these cheats to screw legitimate players, or to actually get myself ahead of anyone. I do it strictly to screw over some of the massive amount of script exploiters out there.

I can teleport people by player ID to any location, and I do so once they have been clearly identified as cheaters (last time it was verified by actually watching them spawn a heli about 200m in front of me), then kill them with hacked in guns/ammo. I do this for a very long time, usually until they finally just log off the server on or change character names. Once they leave, I load one of their corpses full of my inventory, and hide the body. Leaving me with nothing in my inventory, and then I hit respawn.

Yes, that causes me to lose the items I have legitimately acquired prior to each exploiter camping session I do, but I don't mind starting over honestly. I think it's fun refinding everything and exploring.

Again, I do not *ever* do this outside of ruining an exploiters day. I honestly don't see the point in it. I feel like 'god mode' would just make the game unbearably boring. But I do enjoy pissing off people by camping them when they think their scripts make them impossible to kill.

I should also throw in that when I said "clearly identified as cheaters" that they have to be verified by me specifically. I do not take the word of anyone else that so-and-so is cheating. I have to personally be able to verify it first.

------

So I guess my main concern is, do non-exploiters have a problem with me doing this?

Server admins also, would you have an issue with someone doing this on your server?

I am aware that it is still me cheating and should get me banned. It hasn't yet, but I'm sure battleye will eventually figure it out and find a way to fix it. I fully expect a forum ban from just this post admiting to exploiting, but I will still lurk and read the responses. And if I don't get banned, I will try to respond the best I can.

Also, for those about to just start an "omg exploiter" flame marathon... I don't care. I do it for what I consider legitimate reasons. I already admitted to being aware that it is indeed cheating. Just wondered what other people thought of this practice. If even non-exploiters have a serious issue with it, I will probably stop. And just deal with the exploiters the same way as everyone else, by changing servers and hoping for the best.

HEvs5.png

• Like 1

I have ran into at least 20 hackers in two months...The ones that mass kill a server and the sort. Personaly I say keep it up. I'm about to do the same its so bad now. Its crazy to read that while some have never dealt with a hacker. I some how run into them all the time. FYI been around since orignal Flashpoint so yes I know script kiddy when I see one.

$hit if you have a server you play on more than others I would like to play there so send me a PM. Dont have to have your in game name I'd just be glad to know that somewhere in the deep void of DayZ someone is trying...Thanks to Rockett server Admins have no other option..So what if admins abuse rights ie. kick PK'r what ever, ITS A GAME AND IN BETA. More than enough servers for all playing styles...

Honestly it feels like im in a "Tron" world but the world is set in a free Antivir and we are the anti virus part of the porgram...and we all now that Antivir sucks.../RantEnd

P.S. Its a Beta Hackers/Glitchers will be here till stand alone. Even after launch it will still have them. Hoping on a much smaller scale. I never like Battleye its crap and BIS knows it too. Arma hacking is a part of life and in Arma life it's dog eat dog...and i like dog so does the orignal poster.

Edited by RyBo

A cheater who kills cheaters, but uses cheats to do it. Anyone else see the irony here?

You said nothing about creating a fully working program, you simply stated that they should go write some real code. I am concerned by your logic and your immediate need to question someone's intelligence.

What counts as a full program? Do you get to decide? If so, I would be concerned. How many lines of code does it need to be? How long does one have to work on it, to ensure they are counted amongst the "cool" group? If I or someone else makes a calculator in any IDE of your choice in a half hour or so, does that count?

I'd suggest being more specific if you're going to get upset when someone quotes you, especially if you plan to take it personally.

Pot calling the kettle black? Lets discuss:

Me

"Cheating is cheating and your just a script kiddie. Why don't you go write some real code if you want a pat on the back...."

You

"I'm not sure if you know this, but writing code doesn't make you super cool. Or even a hacker. This label of "script kiddie" is really depressing, because generally what someone offers as the alternative to that is really not that amazing."

First you state that I somehow implied that writing code makes you cool. If you read my response it should imply that if the OP wants recognition they need to learn how to create something on their own. Certainly running script hacks in a game IS cool right? Second you implied that someone writing their own code generally writes inferior to that of someone who writes a function from someone's code. That by itself is asinine considering there is no script without source code. Lastly how did get "hacker" out of any of this? Do you even know what a Hacker is? Tell me how it even applies to video games, you want to talk about depressing, the use of "hacker" in video games is depressing.

As for the rest of your feeble attempt to get a rise out of me, I don't have to decide what deems code as a program because there is this little thing we like to call "standard" which defines source code, object code, and compiled object code all of which can be programs. A script however, is not a program. Id suggest taking a little time to formulate your response next time if you still have something to say.

A cheater who kills cheaters, but uses cheats to do it. Anyone else see the irony here?

Yes sir. Ban him.

Anyone that says "I only cheat to deal with cheaters" is full of shit. You kill him fair and square and you bet your ass he'll pull a cheat on you over and over until you leave the server.

It seems the word 'cheat' is enough to send people screaming for the hills...

Still, I don't see the point of this thread. You certainly wouldn't get approval from the community due to what I've said above. Why have you posted this? Anyways, if those are your intentions and your only intentions then I'll go as far to say as keep up the work.

I'm a hacker, I have a hatchet and I run around up behind people and zombies, I like to say "can I axe you a question" as I plant my axe into someone's head. I lol lots to myself.

I didn't read any of this thread btw

Pot calling the kettle black? Lets discuss:

Me

"Cheating is cheating and your just a script kiddie. Why don't you go write some real code if you want a pat on the back...."

You

"I'm not sure if you know this, but writing code doesn't make you super cool. Or even a hacker. This label of "script kiddie" is really depressing, because generally what someone offers as the alternative to that is really not that amazing."

First you state that I somehow implied that writing code makes you cool. If you read my response it should imply that if the OP wants recognition they need to learn how to create something on their own. Certainly running script hacks in a game IS cool right? Second you implied that someone writing their own code generally writes inferior to that of someone who writes a function from someone's code. That by itself is asinine considering there is no script without source code. Lastly how did get "hacker" out of any of this? Do you even know what a Hacker is? Tell me how it even applies to video games, you want to talk about depressing, the use of "hacker" in video games is depressing.

As for the rest of your feeble attempt to get a rise out of me, I don't have to decide what deems code as a program because there is this little thing we like to call "standard" which defines source code, object code, and compiled object code all of which can be programs. A script however, is not a program. Id suggest taking a little time to formulate your response next time if you still have something to say.

This isn't how logic works in a normal discussion.

You do not get to say "Well you are saying I said this, but I actually meant this" and then turn around and do exactly that. Not once did I say scripts were cool. Not once in either of my posts did I mention that someone who writes their own code is inferior to someone who writes a function from someone else' code. Please quote the exact spot where I make this claim/implication, or accept that you misinterpreted my words. You've taken "what someone offers as the alternative to that" and applied your own context to it, assuming that I was referring to the actual act of programming something or writing code.

What I did do was call out the claim that saying "go write some real code" is some how an indication of ones skill, or will somehow gain them some sort of elevated status and recognition. In order for that to make any sense at all there would need to be some indication of the complexity of the code this person should be writing, the amount of time put in to it, so on and so forth.

However, I will say this. The beginning of my first post quoting you was worded pretty badly, and does seem like somewhat of an attack. For that I apologize, as I'm pretty confident our opinion on cheaters is the same.

You guys are so fuckin lame, who care's if people hack it's just a video game. Quit complaining... i've been banned twice for running scripts, i just buy a new copy and make a new steam account. I can do that since i have a well paying job and i'm sure alot of you are 16 years old and probably are on summer vacation and don't work. Do i get annoyed by hackers killing everyone in the server sometimes? Sure i do. Do i do that? No. It doesn't justify me hacking i just do it because i feel like and i want a good gun to shoot zombies with. I've been banned again as of today. I'm buying another copy and just playing again. So fuck all of you crybabies, it's a PC game and people will hack, get over it, live with it and move on. I hope this annoys some or all of you that people can keep doing this, like myself. Just buying more copies because i have copious amounts of spending money and playing to exploit the hacks.. so i'll be on again here in a few. Even though Rocket has nothing to do with it, i just want to say "Fuck You" to him. and take your fucking avatar picture off you look like a fag with those sunglasses. Good Day :D