Sign in to follow this  
Kaffarov37

What do youy do if you see a player

Observation is key, stay low and watch from a distance, if they seem to be heading off a different direction, leave them be the chance of them being able to come back around and find you if your in a secluded area is fairly low.

If he comes towards you but and you feel he hasnt spotted you I would open up dialogue make it sound like theirs more of you there then their really is (scared off two guys when by myself cause I threw my voice to make it sound like their was others in the trees) if they dont respond and continue in your direction and feel threatened then by all means go loud, but if you shoot either make sure your bullets are gonna put him down..or atleast break his leg so he cant combat log and sneak around you very fast.

When I see a player I wonder why I bought into the hype of this mod right before they shoot me (because they will). Whether I'm holding a little knife or a flashlight the psychopathic murdering players in this community want to end my pathetic attempts of survival. The zombies in this game really do seem to just kind of get in the way and accidently kill the occasional gank bait.

So just finished my first real session with a friend.

We both spawned he was more experienced than me.

We went into a town, got food, map, compass, pistols, drink, watch.

Traveled a while, found another town with supermarket, more food, water, shotgun (let him use it) I had the axe. Bigger backpacks.

We traveled to the air strip, just some nice things. Then out of nowhere someone said "Friendly friendly don't shoot!" I was in a hanger and my pal was crawling to it.

Not a second after friend is dead, I ran like he told me to, and I couldn't kill the guy with zombies after me.

Mic is useless if people are gonna lie about their intentions.

Shoot them all.

You - Him

Unarmed - Unarmed: Just go your separate ways, don't trust strangers.

Armed - Unarmed: Spare him or kill him.

Unarmed - Armed: Hide, don't alert him by saying "friendly". No one is friendly but newbs.

Armed - Armed: Kill the guy or hide.

Any other answer is wrong.

Any other answer is wrong...? You've provided every possible solution to three of the situations.

I'm the noob that gets shot not wanting to kill anyone :(

I came across a guy with a sniper rifle.

All I had was an arrow (and starting gear) no weapon yet.

guy stared at me for a good minute. I sat there, no weapon in hand.

Shot me anyways.

Any other answer is wrong...? You've provided every possible solution to three of the situations.

He didn't say to trust the person if they are armed.

I'm the noob that gets shot not wanting to kill anyone :(

I came across a guy with a sniper rifle.

All I had was an arrow (and starting gear) no weapon yet.

guy stared at me for a good minute. I sat there, no weapon in hand.

Shot me anyways.

Snipers aren't out there to kill zombies...

I shoot to kill.

I play solo so i can't trust anyone.

I do die alot tho :)

I get my fair share of karma back. Lost 2 full sets of tools on 2 different occasions today, but it was scavenged from survivors/bandits

Snipers aren't out there to kill zombies...

I had no gun, and I was prone, so he'd shoot me before I could stand up or escape :P

I was fucked either way

normally i just kill everyone i see since i am a sniper but sometimes i will be nice and let them go. One example being like half an hour ago while i was sniping i noticed an obvious new player to the game running around in the fields trying to get away from zombies so i decided to snipe the zombies run down to him and give him my m67 frag grenade and an as50 that i have had for a few days but couldnt use since i didnt have any ammo. 2nd example i had 2 people in my sights at komarovo one was driving a motorcycle in the fields and the other was another obvious new player so i sniped the guy off the back of his motorcycle as he was driving and let the new player go steal the motorcycle and ride off:P

normally i just kill everyone i see since i am a sniper but sometimes i will be nice and let them go. One example being like half an hour ago while i was sniping i noticed an obvious new player to the game running around in the fields trying to get away from zombies so i decided to snipe the zombies run down to him and give him my m67 frag grenade and an as50 that i have had for a few days but couldnt use since i didnt have any ammo. 2nd example i had 2 people in my sights at komarovo one was driving a motorcycle in the fields and the other was another obvious new player so i sniped the guy off the back of his motorcycle as he was driving and let the new player go steal the motorcycle and ride off:P

You are the type of person I would like to see more of. People should have some morality and think about who they are killing. If it is a new person and you help them out, maybe they will help you out if you meet again. This is the direction I would prefer DayZ to move to. +1 for allowing me to have faith in DayZ

• Like 1

Hmm, i never use any form of ingame VoIP stuff, so my microphone is off. I only use it for Skype when playing with RL friends. I guess that's bad then, text chat is probably too slow?

So far I have sticked to staying away from players. Got shot by sniper twice, one time I dropped dead immediately, the second time I got hit I kept running around in pain and was bleeding, was almost blind and in the end bled to death.

I have seen one player prone once, and he didn't react to my attempts to communicate, and he didn't move for minutes, so I shot him. I kinda regret that though.

Whenever I spot a player, I'll shadow him and get as close as possible without being detected. Then when they enter a building with only 1 entrance, I set up an ambush for them when coming out. When I have nothing more than a hatchet I will go all brutal axe murderer on them. Often I get shot but not killed, because no one seems to double tap (nubs). I get back up and kill them while they're panicking about almost dying and bleeding everywhere. When I've got a gun, I tend to start taunting them, saying how easy targets they're making themselves, which of course scares them half to death, but I make clear that they could be dead, but I chose not to kill them. In a way I'm trying to teach them a lesson, that they don't have to kill everyone they see. Either that or I just like toying with people's lives.

Another thing I've done is when I was sprinting through town (loads of zombies chasing me), I spotted someone crouched over collecting some loot. I ran up to him, said "Boo" on voice chat and kept on running past him. He turned around and saw like 20 zombies running towards him, wish I could have seen the look on his face, never seen anyone start sprinting that quickly. :D

Stay, hidden, make sure he hasn't seen you.

If he saw me before I could interact: Run like hell.

If he didn't see me, try to contact or leave alone, depending on what he looks like (a guy with a sniper rifle is probably NOT friendly). Also Avoid contact when you got good gear yourself.

And if it's a guy sniping at coast, I definitly kill him.

I lost a ton of hard-earned gear that took several hours of play-time to gather because some psychopathic ass**** camped inside of a fire station just blew me away on sight the second I stepped in.

So now I just do the same - if I encounter somebody and I can't avoid them - I kill them.

It's a serious dick move but I have no faith in humanity anymore.

When did that happen? lol

I usually let people go on the coast, if I see someone in the mainlands tho, distance doesn't matter, I'll try to hunt them down.

It seems to strange to me the culture of shooting someone else just because someone was rude to you. The whole shoot first, ask questions later mentality could easily be reversed if enough people put effort into it.

The game is structured to reward and encourage this behavior. If you kill someone: a) they won't be able to to shoot you and b) you get their loot. There is neither a penalty for being evil nor a reward for being good. It seems like some sort of reputation system (like bandit skins!) could do a lot of good here. Until then, efforts to change this behavior are sledding uphill. Gravity will always win in the end.

Edited by Mojo Jojo

Depends on my location. But most often I try to get in contact via Direct Communication. People would probably be surprised how friendly people actually are if you just make an effort. I have made tons of friends I now play with this way.

Unarmed - let him go about his day

Armed - If i notice him first I just keep a eye on him and do my own thing as long as he not walking to me or bothering me no reason to shot him.

The game is structured to reward and encourage this behavior. If you kill someone: a) they won't be able to to shoot you and B) you get their loot. There is neither a penalty for being evil nor a reward for being good. It seems like some sort of reputation system (like bandit skins!) could do a lot of good here. Until then, efforts to change this behavior are sledding uphill. Gravity will always win in the end.

they used to have bandit skins but they got removed because they weren't discouraging bandit play and because people who had been forced to kill a lot in self defense were getting the bandit skin.

Depends, if its day and i can clearly see they are armed and if i found recently dead body in the area, i won't hesitate to shoot.

At night, i hide and make them give up some stuff. If not, well hope to god they can run better then i can shoot

I lost a ton of hard-earned gear that took several hours of play-time to gather because some psychopathic ass**** camped inside of a fire station just blew me away on sight the second I stepped in.

wait.. so you spend several hours inside electro/cherno? you need to work on your loot tactics :)