Sign in to follow this  
xnaku0

Non Lethal Taser gun

i'd like to see a Non Lethal Taser gun in the game

it runs on batteries you'll have to find

getting tased will incapacitate you

it will help with friendly fire

so if you don't know who it is tase them without killing them

there's nothing more personal than tasing someone and taking their stuff and leaving them alive :P

could be pretty rare to find

Edited by xnaku0
  • Like 3

Don't turn this game into APB: Reloaded

NO TASERS!

• Like 1

i like the idea of KO's...

something which can reliably KO for a decent period of time would be very interesting.

i've died about 10+ times in the space of 2 weeks, and each death has been almost INSTANT. pewpewpew death. i've literally never been injured by another player, if it's not a one-shot then it's a quick burst death or getting knocked unconscious and then shot to the head. if there was a reliable incapacitation device then maybe i wouldn't die so often.

No bad idea, instant kill for anyone carrying another weapon.

And then we should be able to handcuff people whilst they are shocked.

against !

why :just a lame troll weapon for retarded players

• Like 1

killing is easier and safer, and since there isn't a morality-humanity system, it's useless to have a tazer.

Some of us actually play as we would survive in real life. I for one am proud to say I would not kill an innocent human being, merely to try out my new DMR. Though I might want their food. >:3

Don't turn this game into APB: Reloaded

Stupidest fucking thing I've seen today. Please enlighten me as to how the addition of a taser would turn DayZ into APB: Reloaded. Go ahead, humor me. Is there a food/water system in APB? How about sickness and broken bones? The ability to put up tents and store items? What about the most basic element of DayZ: a world full of zombies?

No?

Then fuck off with your "THIS SUGGESTION HAS SOMETHING THAT I'VE SEEN IN ANOTHER GAME AND THAT MAKES IT BAD".

Some of us actually play as we would survive in real life. I for one am proud to say I would not kill an innocent human being, merely to try out my new DMR. Though I might want their food. >:3

In a post-apoc world filled with zombies and bandits, you'd run around with a taser?

You'd better just give me your beans right now, because you won't alive long enough to eat them yourself.

Hello,

IMHO less than lethal weapons would be interesting, but could be abused by trolls.

I've been in a death/resurrection loop in an old old MMO RPG and that was no fun, i can see similar things happening unless properly thought through.

Less than lethal weapons do sound interesting though.

rgds

LoK

tasers exist. i am a survivor with no gun i would use everything i can find

this idea is ok, especially the batteries

A taser has no practical use in this game. You're better off using the disk space required to program a barely lethal weapon for a better useful item or feature. If anything this only promotes players going after other players, when this game should be more teamwork oriented than it's current deathmatch-like state of affairs

To all you idiots moaning about no use for something of this nature, of course there is, its a way of neutralising a threat without killing them, the KO does not need to be long, but for those players who don't want to kill it gives them an option to get out of a sticky situation without killing.

Does not need to be long range that would be stupid, but these kind of things do exist so dont see why an item of this nature should not be included.

Forum treads 2 hours after tazer patch:

• TAZED A GUY AND HE DISCONNECTED BEFORE I COULD LOOT
  • STOP LAME ALT F4 AFTER TAZE
  • OMG <enter casual name here> D/C'd AFTER TAZED

Point: take care of other issues that render this suggestion unattractive first, or u'll just cause more rage. Cause atm it's pointless.

U taze me, i log off and u get nothing, should have shot instead >.>

Point: take care of other issues that render this suggestion unattractive first, or u'll just cause more rage. Cause atm it's pointless.

U taze me, i log off and u get nothing, should have shot instead >.>

Grow some balls and stop the Alt+F4 madness newb

This is a great idea, suggestions like this have been posted before but still.

Alt+F4ing is bad anyway, it doesn't mean this suggestion is bad.

Trolls can also shoot you or break your legs, being tasered could also be a lot more exciting than flat out getting shot. 'Oh shit, why am I not dead? What are they doing? What's going to happen?' Granted they can just shoot you, but they could do that anyway.

Saying that it's useless because killing is easier and safer also doesn't hold weight. You personally wouldn't use a taser, cool. I'd drop a side arm for a taser any day personally, I'd enjoy using it and I'm sure other people would.

Confrontations are exciting in DayZ and a taser would mix it up and make some of them more interesting, make sure you have to be in fairly close to use it and you're good.