A Bush killed me

No Respawn button now? /sigh

bashing re-spawn so u can gain an advantage whether it be close to yur previous corpse , closer to certain area, closer to friends ... arent these excuses class as an exploit ... we want rid of glitches n exploits !!

Did you not read this thread people will just kill themselves by jumping off the nearest rock in order to respawn where they want, so what do you think that will fix?

Says who? You?

I'd wager most people don't want to run around in the woods alone trying to find their friend when what they actually wanted to do was play WITH that friend.

Yeah, says me. It's not hard to do unless you both spawn on the opposite sides of the map. Even if you didn't want to kill yourself you could easily meet up in 15-20 minutes time if both of you ran in the right direction. I don't even see why guys like you are upset. Loading into the game can take up to 10 minutes. If you guys are killing yourselves again and again for a "better spawn" then you clearly have time to run a distance in that time. If that's too hard for some of you then I see why you no skill cowards camp the major cities to pk noobs.

If you bothered to read anything about this topic you would have known that Rocket has admitted that this isn't even concrete and can change if it doesn't work out.

You won't be forced to use a map on the internet just to find your friends anymore.

Most people who have been playing longer than a couple weeks don't need a map to figure out where they are when they spawn. Learn the map. Quit crying.

Edited by Super67_

It doesn't take significantly longer. Just enough longer to be annoying. Not enough to prevent me or anybody else who respawns until they are where they want to be from doing it.

This change literally does nothing to alleviate the supposed problem. Stop arguing that it does. You're wrong. It doesn't.

I also want to reiterate that putting anti-grouping mechanics in a game is a really, really good way to destroy the population.

I'm going to have to take Rockets word on this over yours. It seems like he would know more about this than you. Just saying.

Nothing terribly wrong with it being removed.

First bonus to me is, now i'll actually get to loot a kill in semi-peace without worrying about the guy respawning near me for revenge. Still need to worry about the other people around though.

First thing is, every spawn point has it's bonuses, Deer Stands, Supplies and what have you, the small towns you skip past to get to your friends again can spawn camo and ghillie suits you know.

Problems people see are minuscule at best.

Debug Spawn:

If you don't mash movement and stay still you just have to leave to the lobby and reconnect to fix it and reset your spawn to the coast. That problem is gone.

Time Spent:

My experience playing with groups, majority of it is spent sitting around camp doing absolutely nothing but guarding the precious tents. Running from the coast is a fresh experience from the dull moments of grouping up.

I run back more than anyone in my group, being on point half the time usually nets me the first shots from hostiles so i'm first to die, i get over it and run back, not that taxing, put a movie on and hold W while looting buildings.

Learn to navigate by landmarks and maybe help your team by checking the vehicle spawns on the way to meeting up (Look a Day Z DB Map while running back) , i know i'd be a lot happier if you said "Hey guys i found a UAZ in so and so running back, come help fix it up" than "Fuck me i can't get a good spawn"

Broken Legs:

Crawling your way through a city to find morphine is one of the most fun moments of my Day Z career, since i feel off stairs at Lopatino and had to crawl to Cherno. Again, movie and holding W works wonders.

Also play with a friend with meds, if your lone wolfing, it's your own damn fault for not having morphine

Hackers:

Cause they weren't fucking you and everyone over already right? How the hell does a respawn button being removed affect hackers? still going to be around and annoying everyone.

It won't break the game, and it isn't detracting anything from the game, you were already playing Running Simulator 2012 before, now you'll just have to wait a while to get your shiny guns back.

I'm going to have to take Rockets word on this over yours. It seems like he would know more about this than you. Just saying.

Rocket has a lot on his plate, hence why he makes experimental changes. Through posting and the posts of others, we see how this idea of his will a.) not solve the problem he specified(reduced character creations) and b.) simply cause annoyance within the current player base. It's not going to prevent me from suiciding to meet up with my friends faster(and it will still be faster than running across the entire map), so I will still be creating plenty of characters for the hive to deal with.

Honestly, how this is so hard to grasp.. you people are literally retarded. There's absolutely no way to debate what i've said. These aren't opinions. Suicide by zombie = faster than walking from one end of the coast to the other. Suicide by zombie = additional characters created + in some circumstances loot spawns = more stress on the hive.

Stop arguing and use your brain for a minute and explain to me how any of those points i've made are incorrect.

Rocket has a lot on his plate, hence why he makes experimental changes. Through posting and the posts of others, we see how this idea of his will a.) not solve the problem he specified(reduced character creations) and b.) simply cause annoyance within the current player base. It's not going to prevent me from suiciding to meet up with my friends faster(and it will still be faster than running across the entire map), so I will still be creating plenty of characters for the hive to deal with.

Honestly, how this is so hard to grasp.. you people are literally retarded. There's absolutely no way to debate what i've said. These aren't opinions. Suicide by zombie = faster than walking from one end of the coast to the other. Suicide by zombie = additional characters created + in some circumstances loot spawns = more stress on the hive.

Stop arguing and use your brain for a minute and explain to me how any of those points i've made are incorrect.

I shall ask you to use your brain then for a moment, I'm sure your aware of the rampant issues with just getting into the game itself once so well skip that explanation out of the debate for now.

So for me, depending on the server, it can take up to 5-10 minutes to get past Waiting for Character and the Loading + Setup Completed.

Hypothetically If this server has this 5-10 minute wait time and my group is in say NE or NW Airfield, then say that i spawn in the opposite ends of the map from those, Kamenka and Solinichy.

Let's add in that i try three times with no luck getting any closer, with the same loading time, that's 15-30mins of being useless to my friends and 3 characters that just hogged server load, add respawn attempts as many times until you get the point.

Now realize you are causing this load time by overloading the server because your time is more precious than everyone else who is playing and you want to overload the server so you save time while making everyone else suffer delays or frame drops.

If you had this loading time and spawned six times in 'bad spots' you have wasted 30-60 Minutes, look at that an hour of wasted time.

While you could have held W and looted buildings to maybe find ghillie suits, car parts, supplies or even vehicles that hadn't been taken yet, maybe even an enemy camp if you went through the forests.

Narrow minded thinking and laziness ruins the game, not removal of a suicide option.

Edited by Momiji
  • Like 2

Actually, as few earlier points stated, what happens if you get stuck, wilderness spawn, or hackers going nuts with break legs scripts?

Can't let the zombies eat you if your in the middle of nowhere. So are we expected to go watch TV for an hour and wait to stave to death?

I suppose it is not so bad. I will be able to do that thing called "going outside" while I wait.

• Like 1

I shall ask you to use your brain then for a moment, I'm sure your aware of the rampant issues with just getting into the game itself once so well skip that explanation out of the debate for now.

So for me, depending on the server, it can take up to 5-10 minutes to get past Waiting for Character and the Loading + Setup Completed.

Hypothetically If this server has this 5-10 minute wait time and my group is in say NE or NW Airfield, then say that i spawn in the opposite ends of the map from those, Kamenka and Solinichy.

Let's add in that i try three times with no luck getting any closer, with the same loading time, that's 15-30mins of being useless to my friends and 3 characters that just hogged server load, add respawn attempts as many times until you get the point.

Now realize you are causing this load time by overloading the server because your time is more precious than everyone else who is playing and you want to overload the server so you save time while making everyone else suffer delays or frame drops.

If you had this loading time and spawned six times in 'bad spots' you have wasted 30-60 Minutes, look at that an hour of wasted time.

While you could have held W and looted buildings to maybe find ghillie suits, car parts, supplies or even vehicles that hadn't been taken yet, maybe even an enemy camp if you went through the forests.

Narrow minded thinking and laziness ruins the game, not removal of a suicide option.

Once again you completely ignore the fact that none of this is changed by the removal of the respawn button. Address this fact now or get the fuck out.

Actually, as few earlier points stated, what happens if you get stuck, wilderness spawn, or hackers going nuts with break legs scripts?

Can't let the zombies eat you if your in the middle of nowhere. So are we expected to go watch TV for an hour and wait to stave to death?

I suppose it is not so bad. I will be able to do that thing called "going outside" while I wait.

Stuck is unavoidable but i have never been stuck in my 400 hours.

Debug spawn is fixed by not moving when you spawn in and reloading into the server, this resets your position to a coastal spawn, once you move your character you location data is saved so for safety never press a key until you have visual knowledge you are in Chernarus.

Hackers were already doing this, still doing it and doing other things to make people suffer, you should carry morphine anyway, or you know log out as soon as your legs are broken and hope the last 60 second save wasn't on or after the leg breaking, i just recommend carrying morphine and switching servers to heal up.

Once again you completely ignore the fact that none of this is changed by the removal of the respawn button. Address this fact now or get the fuck out.

This is changed because now people might actually play the game instead of spamming the respawn button, Is it Rocket's or the players who don't care where they spawn's fault that some can't be bothered playing the game as intended? No.

User picked spawn points will never be a reality, griefing would run rampant along with making the game far to easy. It's neccessary to keep Day Z what it is.

So now you have to run to zombies or starve yourself, that gives the Server at least 5 minutes of reprieve from creating characters, that is small but significant in reduced server load.

But you ignore the benefits, would your friends be happier if you found a ghillie suit or car on your way back? I would be.

Don't blame others for your laziness, your playing video games, they are time wasters unless your a professional career gamer, but then none of the career gamers i routinely watch respawn spam for good spawns.

Edited by Momiji
  • Like 1

More tips to improve realism:

-Lock the gamma setting.

-Broken bones take months of real time to fix.

-Set a limit to the number of kilometers a character can run before he collapses from exhaustion.

-Increase the amount of time it takes to consume food.

-Blood transfusions need to take as long as they do in real life.

-Abuse of morphine should cause an addiction that if not satisfied causes the player to vomit and collapse after a period of time.

-Painkiller addiction.

-Hatchets should not be reloaded.

-Zombies should not clip through walls.

-Slow down how long it takes a character to do a 180/360 turn.

-Random cramps from sprinting.

-Heat stroke from being in the sun too long (player must seek shade).

-A character must take hour long breaks every so often to regenerate stamina.

-When you die, it's game over forever.

These should fit in nicely with the no respawn mechanic as we strive to make this realism mod as realistic as possible. More ideas soon to follow!

• Like 2

Yeah, says me. It's not hard to do unless you both spawn on the opposite sides of the map. Even if you didn't want to kill yourself you could easily meet up in 15-20 minutes time if both of you ran in the right direction.

“If”

If both players know the map well enough to move in the correct direction, and they don't have to take massive detours to avoid cities, then they can generally reach each other within about 15 minutes.

Why would I be worried about those players? If we're talking about a pair of experienced players, how often are they both going to have to spawn on the beach? I told you pretty clearly that I was talking about new players… you know… the ones that are required for this project to have any kind of longevity?

I don't even see why guys like you are upset. Loading into the game can take up to 10 minutes. If you guys are killing yourselves again and again for a "better spawn" then you clearly have time to run a distance in that time. If that's too hard for some of you then I see why you no skill cowards camp the major cities to pk noobs.

Guys like me? You have absolutely no idea what kind of player I am. What are you, 12 years old? Stop making idiotic assumptions.

It has never taken me or anyone else I've played with 10 minutes to load in. My guess is that you need to find a new server or PC.

If you bothered to read anything about this topic you would have known that Rocket has admitted that this isn't even concrete and can change if it doesn't work out.

Why do you think I'm making these posts in the first place? I've seen enough interviews with rocket to know that he will change his mind about some of this stuff.

Most people who have been playing longer than a couple weeks don't need a map to figure out where they are when they spawn. Learn the map. Quit crying.

What part of “just starting” did you not understand? It really didn't seem like a difficult concept to understand.

By the way, I know the map pretty well, and I'm not crying about anything. I'm telling you and rocket that this is a bad design decision.

As someone that makes it a point to carry no less than 2-4 morphines on my person at all time. A hacker breaking my legs would inconvenience me alot less than one that nuked me.

Seriously, everytime I have a new survivor I go straight to a hospital or medical tent to get some morphine/1-2 blood packs. Just as important as food/drink

This is changed because now people might actually play the game instead of spamming the respawn button, Is it Rocket's or the players who don't care where they spawn's fault that some can't be bothered playing the game as intended? No.

User picked spawn points will never be a reality, griefing would run rampant along with making the game far to easy. It's neccessary to keep Day Z what it is.

So now you have to run to zombies or starve yourself, that gives the Server at least 5 minutes of reprieve from creating characters, that is small but significant in reduced server load.

But you ignore the benefits, would your friends be happier if you found a ghillie suit or car on your way back? I would be.

Don't blame others for your laziness, your playing video games, they are time wasters unless your a professional career gamer, but then i non of the career gamers i routinely watch respawn spam for good spawns.

Don't expect everyone to play the game the way you think it should be played. No, my friends would probably not care what I found since I didn't end up meeting up with them again, proving to be a colossal waste of time.

Suicides don't take 5 minutes, by the way. It shouldn't take more than one.

That you can possibly imagine that somehow making it more difficult to group with your friends is a good idea is absolutely insane. Knowing that this change won't even do that yet you're still for it? Maybe you're just stupid.

More tips to improve realism:

-Lock the gamma setting.

-Broken bones take months of real time to fix.

-Set a limit to the number of kilometers a character can run before he collapses from exhaustion.

-Increase the amount of time it takes to consume food.

-Blood transfusions need to take as long as they do in real life.

-Abuse of morphine should cause an addiction that if not satisfied causes the player to vomit and collapse after a period of time.

-Painkiller addiction.

-Hatchets should not be reloaded.

-Zombies should not clip through walls.

-Slow down how long it takes a character to do a 180/360 turn.

-Random cramps from sprinting.

-Heat stroke from being in the sun too long (player must seek shade).

-A character must take hour long breaks every so often to regenerate stamina.

-When you die, it's game over forever.

These should fit in nicely with the no respawn mechanic as we strive to make this realism mod as realistic as possible. More ideas soon to follow!

To add on to this:

-Zombie bites or other wounds have a chance of becoming infected. The player has to treat these with antibiotics over a week or two week long treatment.

-In order to make a successful blood transfusion you have to match the blood types. Using the wrong blood type will cause instant death. Blood kits will spawn in hospitals.

-Skinning game larger than rabbits should take a long time. Butchering the animal should also take a while.

-If stored incorrectly, your uncooked meat will spoil. Eating spoiled meat will give you diseases.

-Carrying around tents or tires or any heavy object should slow your character down considerably.

-Running uphills or downhill can cause a sprained ankle, which must be treated with an ankle splint.

-Damage that causes bleeding requires sutures that you get separate from bandages.

-The use of sutures has a possibility of causing infection if you don't sterilize the needle.

Edited by prime1309
  • Like 1

The funny part is that people earlier in this topic were posting things like:
Bear Grylls was killed

Bear Grylls was killed

Jimmybob was killed

Bear Grylls was killed

Jimmybob was killed

Jimmybob was killed

Bear Grylls was killed

Noobster was killed

Bear Grylls was killed

Noobster was killed

Jimmybob was killed

'Nuff said.

Does anyone actually think it takes more than a minute or two per respawn?

Don't expect everyone to play the game the way you think it should be played. No, my friends would probably not care what I found since I didn't end up meeting up with them again, proving to be a colossal waste of time.

That you can possibly imagine that somehow making it more difficult to group with your friends is a good idea is absolutely insane. Knowing that this change won't even do that yet you're still for it? Maybe you're just stupid.

Insulting only makes your argument look worse.

Grouping up and travelling is meant to be difficult, that's the game, it's meant to take time to get where you need to go.

And if you die running to your friends, get better at not being seen. I've yet to be killed on the coast.

Also your group has askewed priorities if finding a ghillie suit or a car wouldn't be a good thing to them from what it sounds like.

I'm not saying how i think it should be played either, i'm saying how Rocket thinks it should be played, as a survival horror anti-game, that pushes you to the limit of emotions from joy to anger and most importantly frustration. It is a realistic mod to a military simulator, granted some exceptions apply to keep it from being unplayable.

You'll spawn maybe a minute from a town, 12000 blood takes about 2 minutes to lose being hit by zombies and bleeding, then slows when you pass out so add maybe another 40 seconds to a minute and then add your 4 second wait time to hit abort.

If i had my option if you died within 5 minutes of spawning from anything but a gunshot you'd get an hour ban, i really don't care for lazy people, complaining about wasting time while playing a video game that serves no purpose but to waste time is redundant don't you think.

So can we see something other than over-dramatized "I'm to lazy to run back to where i died, let me overload the servers until i'm close" please.

i really don't care for lazy people
Says the guy spending hours and hours in a video game…

Insulting only makes your argument look worse.

Grouping up and travelling is meant to be difficult, that's the game, it's meant to take time to get where you need to go.

And if you die running to your friends, get better at not being seen. I've yet to be killed on the coast.

Also your group has askewed priorities if finding a ghillie suit or a car wouldn't be a good thing to them from what it sounds like.

I'm not saying how i think it should be played either, i'm saying how Rocket thinks it should be played, as a survival horror anti-game, that pushes you to the limit of emotions from joy to anger and most importantly frustration. It is a realistic mod to a military simulator, granted some exceptions apply to keep it from being unplayable.

You'll spawn maybe a minute from a town, 12000 blood takes about 2 minutes to lose being hit by zombies and bleeding, then slows when you pass out so add maybe another 40 seconds to a minute and then add your 4 second wait time to hit abort.

If i had my option if you died within 5 minutes of spawning from anything but a gunshot you'd get an hour ban, i really don't care for lazy people, complaining about wasting time while playing a video game that serves no purpose but to waste time is redundant don't you think.

So can we see something other than over-dramatized "I'm to lazy to run back to where i died, let me overload the servers until i'm close" please.

Sorry, we don't all have the entire day in our basements to sit and play a game for hours on end. Some of us would like to get on and play with our friends for like an hour and then move on. And your argument that Rocket intends the game to be played in that way is completely moot when considering he is trying to implement a squad system so you spawn with friends already. Which is it?

It will indeed slow down the spawns which will take load off the server. Rather than suiciding themselves the instant they respawn because they're in bloody Kamenka again they'll have to find some zombies. Oh no!? Yeah, it doesn't STOP the problem but it slows it down and I bet a lot of people are going to say fuck it and decide to walk rather than do that again and again. Perhaps this was considered when they decided to do this?

Maybe my respawns are super slow but I could probably run to any location from any beach spawn in the time it takes to respawn 4-5 times. This could of course vary on the server and may depend whether or not 10-15 other people are repeatedly killing themselves just to get where they want to be.

You should maybe complete your thoughts before trying to insult me or other members of the community for not agreeing with you..

"Suicide by zombie = faster than walking from one end of the coast to the other. Suicide by zombie = additional characters created + in some circumstances loot spawns = more stress on the hive."

Suicide by button at respawn = instant

Can you not see how having to find some zombies or a building/bridge to jump off would take longer than pressing a button and therefore cut down tremendously on the amount of suicides in a given time?

I'm the retarded one here?

Edited by Super67_
  • Like 1

Also your group has skewed priorities if finding a ghillie suit or a car wouldn't be a good thing to them from what it sounds like.

Read his post again. It doesn't matter if you get a tank if you end up dying since it's lost anyway.

You sprint 5m/s so you can run 5km in 15 minutes which is slightly less than an infinite amount of time.

I'm a picky Aspie. 5m/s is 18km/hr. 5km in 15 minutes is 20km/hr. 5m/s is the absolute fastest a player can run in a straight line over level ground.

There's no way you can make 5km in 15 minutes without a vehicle. If it was a straight line it would take 16.6 minutes. It's almost never a straight line, so I'd assume closer to 20-25 minutes, depending on the specific terrain you're running on/around. If you're running a full 10km to meet with a group, it can easily take an hour with a couple minor detours/other players around, and will obviously always take more than 30 minutes.

Personally, I find this irritating. I like grouping with a friend of mine and one of his friends. It doesn't happen every night, but the game has enough glitches/random bugs that connecting with another player, especially if not using a map, gets extremely boring when it does happen. All it takes is a single griefer shooting you as you run by to put you 30 minutes away from any enjoyment... maybe it's just something I'll have to wait and see... if the game is changed to a way I like or if I'll have to change games.

This is truly the only valid complaint.

I have morphine but that's not going to help me much if I'm turned into a goat and parachuted into the sea.

Says the guy spending hours and hours in a video game…

Yes i'm playing a video game, to enjoy my free time when i'm off work, to socialize with my friends who play with me. Running back is giving me more time to talk freely, also i watch movies while i run so not really affecting me.

Sorry, we don't all have the entire day in our basements to sit and play a game for hours on end. Some of us would like to get on and play with our friends for like an hour and then move on. And your argument that Rocket intends the game to be played in that way is completely moot when considering he is trying to implement a squad system so you spawn with friends already. Which is it?

I don't have a basement at my house, i play for a few hours each day, maybe longer if i have a day off, i talk with my friends while i'm playing whether running back or not, every minute of the gameplay is doing something with my friends, rearranging our squads, making new strategies for the next firefight so none of us die.

If Rocket develops it then fine, but you really think he will let you spawn on your friends directly? that would make griefing and camping high value areas even worse.

Read his post again. It doesn't matter if you get a tank if you end up dying since it's lost anyway.

Then he needs to learn how to run back without dying, most people can get across the map without seeing another player and you missed the point completely, if someone finds a vehicle running back the team will meet at the vehicle to repair and extract it, if your team leaves you to it by yourself, get a new team.

Edited by Momiji