A Bush killed me

No Respawn button now? /sigh

Why? The respawn button is not a tool for you to find your favored spawn point.

Look at the text at the bottom right when you first load, under Chernarussia it will name your closest landmark. Use the online map and find your friends, no in game map needed and now people cannot exploit the respawn button (which btw stresses out the server). Win/Win

Chenaraus Wilderness. GG

If you are that smart, maybe you might tell me what the real issue is.

To quote the first sentence in my post: "to find your friends" is the real problem. People want a better way to link up with their friends. The respawn button is the current solution, but not a viable one in the long run. Sadly I say again - think, then write.

Sorry bush but you are over reacting here. Quit thinking of excuses why this is bad for the community when your only problem is not spawning next to your friends.

Hackers and glitches have nothing to do with this.

Why do you automatically resort to abusing the respawn button just to meet up with a friend? Plan out where you are and where you'll go from where you meet up.

To quote the first sentence in my post: "to find your friends" is the real problem. People want a better way to link up with their friends. The respawn button is the current solution, but not a viable one in the long run. Sadly I say again - think, then write.

Some people want to hold hands and sing campfire songs. What's your point? Now its their turn to drink your delicious tears or whatever the kids say now.

Some people want to hold hands and sing campfire songs. What's your point? Now its their turn to drink your delicious tears or whatever the kids say now.

Have a look towards top of page 2 Sync, I wasn't complaing - I was just attempting to provide some clarification into the issues. Basically, that complaining about no respawn button is misdirected anger about a potential suggestion which belongs in the suggestion forum.

Edited by TolEressea

sorry guys I forgot 2012 running simulator. I love the responses "plan a route and go find them" So if i respawn near cherno and my friends spawns in elecktro ; its GG see you guys in 30 min hopefully i dont get KOS?

• Like 2

This change is not welcome at all. It is already hard enough to find your friend you want to play with. Games should support playing with others, not torture you for trying. If this stays in the current build we need to have at least a map when we spawn. People will just quit out of frustration trying to find their friends. This is bad game/mod design imo.

Just run into the nearest group of zombies, problem solved. Also, funny how the whining survivors cry about wanting realism and no KoS but when respawn (which isn't realism) is taken out, they throw a fit.

Edited by Nashy08

Dude, it's not as dangerous as you think. No one is going to be running around firing off their AK's in random directions in between Cherno and Electro. Go inland if you're so paranoid.

sorry guys I forgot 2012 running simulator. I love the responses "plan a route and go find them" So if i respawn near cherno and my friends spawns in elecktro ; its GG see you guys in 30 min hopefully i dont get KOS?

@ Bush - Make a suggestion in the suggestion forum, a better method for meeting up with your friends. QQ is useless. Try to make a valuable addition to the project, rather than just whining about not having as much fun as you were expecting to have.

Lazygamer was killed

Lazygamer was killed

Lazygamer was killed

Lazygamer was killed

Lazygamer was killed

Lazygamer was killed

Lazygamer was killed

Lazygamer was killed

• Like 4

I had no problem with the proposed change before I was aware that it could also help with server performance! Typically when I play with my friends half of the fun is trying to find each other (and not shoot each other). I think this change is more aligned with "the spirit of the game".

This change is not welcome at all. It is already hard enough to find your friend you want to play with. Games should support playing with others, not torture you for trying. If this stays in the current build we need to have at least a map when we spawn. People will just quit out of frustration trying to find their friends. This is bad game/mod design imo.

Speak for yourself, I personally welcome a change that disallows people to pop around the map and respawn wherever.

The removal of respawn will definitely cut down on vendettas. I've noticed whenever I kill someone in elektro that's got some high class gear, they always kill themselves 5 or 6 times over to get an elektro spawn and reclaim their shit. Keeping players from simply getting their shit back and hunting down their killers is a large step forward towards realism. Whether the community wants that or not, I dunno

Sadly I say again - think, then write.

You don't need to be sad, just be happy that you can think and others don't.

...and hunting down their killers is a large step forward...

And why is that? So the guys camping the hills with their sniper rifles can get away easier, hm...

Edited by *=LP=*Cpt.Kawa

lol wut if they removed the respawn i would be overwhelmingly happy, i hate accidentally clicking that and dieing

Things having a suicide button is useful for:

1) Chernarus wilderness, either unintended bug or hacker teleport script;

2) Unintended bugs where your legs break in the middle of nowhere (either due to bugs or hacks) and you do not have morphine on you;

3) Getting stuck in the map due to a bug.

Guarantee the bitching starts when these people arguing for "immersion" encounter any of the above three scenarios. A suicide button is in pretty much every known game to man because it's impossible to predict when a player will need the option to reset themselves due to an unforseeable bug in the future, even in the most polished of games...let alone Dayz.

If they want to limit server load for respawning, put a timer on it like 5 minutes between respawns allowed. To remove it completely is asinine, especially in an ALPHA.

Edited by deathTouch
  • Like 1

1. That wouldn't matter if someone is constantly teleporting people.

2. Just die.

3. Only valid reason

Things having a suicide button is useful for:

1) Chernarus wilderness, either unintended bug or hacker teleport script;

2) Unintended bugs where your legs break in the middle of nowhere (either due to bugs or hacks) and you do not have morphine on you;

3) Getting stuck in the map due to a bug.

Guarantee the bitching starts when these people arguing for "immersion" encounter any of the above three scenarios. A suicide button is in pretty much every known game to man because it's impossible to predict when a player will need the option to reset themselves due to an unforseeable bug in the future, even in the most polished of games...let alone Dayz.

1) He's already stated that there is a fix for this (detection of this occuring, and prevention, I assume)

2 & 3) Legit... get someone to come kill you? Hopefully you have friends :D

edit: Emergent gameplay for medics - putting down the kids who cant get off the rocks - hehehehe.

Edited by TolEressea

How bout they just add a respawn system like in warfare mode. Remove the respawn button too as well.

When you die, you wait so many seconds before you are brought to a respawn screen, at which you select from any number of spawn locations on the coast and respawn. Wouldn't that make everyone happy?

Eh, at least make me happy

How bout they just add a respawn system like in warfare mode. Remove the respawn button too as well.

When you die, you wait so many seconds before you are brought to a respawn screen, at which you select from any number of spawn locations on the coast and respawn. Wouldn't that make everyone happy?

Eh, at least make me happy

Neat idea! Add it to the suggestion forum! I'd tack on "prevents you from picking a location within x distance of your corpse", to prevent revenge/town campers.

I don't think this will break the game, exactly (some of you tend to overreact to certain new features), but I don't think it should be disabled nonetheless. If at all possible, what makes the most sense to me, is a finalization prompt when you hit "respawn," because I can't tell you how many Goddamn times I've tried to alter my settings, been a pixel off, and murdered myself by accident.

Then again, he may be disabling it specifically to cease respawners from hopping about. You have to admit, while it's lame to have to run to your buddies, it's more lame to kill somebody, start looting them, and then have them show up again and kill you back because they respawned until they were a foot from their corpse.

EDIT: Also, a few people have suggested the implementation of a feature that allows you to select your spawn location. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Vipeax or Rocket himself mentioned that this is actually impossible in DayZ, because of the way the "teams" are set up in-game. Also consider that a specific, pinpoint list of spawn locations would probably incite mass deathmatching amongst bandit snipers - I'm not an anti-bandit, but let's be honest, a few snipers perched on a hill overlooking a spawn point for hours, murdering anybody that logs into the server, is a bit game breaking.

Edited by John

Wait X number of minutes before you can respawn again.

Solves the problem of server load, and keeps the respawn button when you need it due to bugs.

GG problem solved.

Wait X number of minutes before you can respawn again.

Solves the problem of server load, and keeps the respawn button when you need it due to bugs.

GG problem solved.

Then the hive has to track how long it has been since your last death and report back with a response. Causes server load.