SpAz514

Top 10 weapons

What are your fav weapons? Mine are those:

#1 AKM; Beast weapon for me, easy to find ammo, can zero, effective up to 400m, 1shot kill, good for PVP but zombie whistle. My fav weapon.

#2 M4A1 SD; Has RDS, is Silenced, STANAG SD is same rarity as normal STANAG if I remember right and good for PVP.

#3 Winchester 1866; Easy to find ammo and gun, good for zombies but poor at PVP, low noise.

#4 Lee Enfield; Super accurate and very powerful, basically an M14 without RDS, with easy to find ammo and lower mag capacity, more louder and more powerful if I remember right. The dinner bell.

#5 M14 AIM; Accurate, almost no bullet drop, RDS, Powerful, DMR mag wich is easy to find but hard to find and quite noisy.

#6 M1014; Powerful, quite common, since 2rnd's appeared easy to find ammo, fast, not so loud but quite poor at PVP.

#7 Remington 870 Flashlight; Quite same as above, but lower fire-rate and louder if I remember right.

#8 Hatchet; Not quite a wep but you can silently take out ppl and zombies fast, good luck to not get scratched by zombie.

#9 Crossbow; Hatchet at range, easy to find ammo and gun, no noise, 1shot, recovarable ammo and you can master sights.

#10 Double-barreled shotgun; Quite almost worst gun in game, but handy for beginners, cause 2rnd mag, occupies space like crossbow.

Type your lists too! And tell me if I am wrong with something so I can edit.

1 -> 10: MK 48 Mod 0. Reason: looks can kill. My bud just gave me one cause its not his style I guess. I may have become blinded to the usefulness of any other weapon now.

AK-74 is better than AKM. ak-74 is the same all around, but ak-74 is quieter, and can't be zeroed.

Excluding rarity of ammo, imo the L85A2 AWS is by far the best. Powerful, very low recoil, thermal & night vision optics. So can be used at night without the need for NVG whilst the thermal optics is great for spotting ghillie users

Excluding rarity of ammo, imo the L85A2 AWS is by far the best. Powerful, very low recoil, thermal & night vision optics. So can be used at night without the need for NVG whilst the thermal optics is great for spotting ghillie users

it's unbelieveably rare, as well as it being only available at heli crash sites...which are also extremely rare. so no, not best weapon.

I love the winchester, but it seems like something changed with the noise. previously I would fire it and only 1 or 2 zombies would come running. Last night I fired it and 10 came. I was like WTF?!? But damn it was fun killing em all.

hatchet is the best, unlimted ammo, silent, takes down zombies in one hit...

Anyone holding an hatchet is playing the game properly. They are the best and most efficient way of taking down zeds, and I usually leave these people alone, until they start acting crazy. Then it's time to put a n***a down.

it's unbelieveably rare, as well as it being only available at heli crash sites...which are also extremely rare. so no, not best weapon.

So because its rare it makes it not as good? erm ok :huh:

So because its rare it makes it not as good? erm ok :huh:

yes, it's good. but because it's so ridiculously rare, it isnt good.

Handled an M4A3 CCO and I don't want to use it again. About AK-74, never used it, found AKM before AK-74. I just love AKM cause I find ammo for it everywhere.

AK-74 is better than AKM. ak-74 is the same all around, but ak-74 is quieter, and can't be zeroed.

AKM does more damage by a good 50 percent and has more range, though it is harder to hit anything passed 300m

My list:

1. AS50

It kills players in one shot, it has zeroing and it's a silent killer. The perfect sniper when you want to be able to take out other snipers. Its most significant downside is that it's not compatible with NVGs.

2. L85A2 AWS

With this baby you can spot any sniper in a ghillie suit when you are at the NWAF, Stary or Elektro. It's perfect to use together with the AS50 or M107.

3. M107

It's similar to the AS50, but not as good because it makes alot more noise and can't be zeroed as far. It's also not compatible with NVGs.

4. DMR

A fun to use marksman rifle. It's easy to use once you learn how the mildots work, and it's very effective at ranges up to 500-800m. It's best used against players that don't have too good gear, though, since anyone with high-end loot will likely disconnect to avoid getting killed unless you manage to drop them instantly. It's also NVG compatible.

5. M14 AIM

I usually go with the L85A2 AWS to spot targets for my group, but when I don't use the L85A2 AWS, this is the weapon I prefer to go with. It's easy to use with its aimpoint sight and it has alot of stopping power.

6. M9 SD

Since I don't want to waste space in my backpack on a silenced primary, the M9 SD comes in handy. It's good for small things like quietly killing animals outside populated areas without alerting players there, and quietly disposing of zombies that come your way.

That's basically it for me. There are not that many more guns that I have a preference for. I don't like using machineguns, and when it comes to assault rifles, I don't care much whether it's an AKM, M4A3 CCO or AKS-74 Kobra. I still have to learn how to use the SVD Camo, and I have not yet gotten around to play with the M4A1 Holo, though. I can see myself starting to like those two weapons eventually.

AKM does more damage by a good 50 percent and has more range, though it is harder to hit anything passed 300m

It's only a difference of one more shot to kill on zombies and players for the AK-74 (3555 damage as opposed to 4500). Also, don't forget that the AKM is much noisier, so they about even out in the end. I'd say it comes down to preference.

http://dayzdb.com/database/ak74

http://dayzdb.com/database/akm

Edited by CommodoreFrank

1 - Lee Enfield

2 - M24

Only 2 weapons I rock.

PVP lovers might understand the reason why ^^

Edited by P5ykoOHD

L85 + AS50 or it is all rambo running around high pop areas.. Then almost any gun, specially the shotguns..

Handled an M4A3 CCO and I don't want to use it again. About AK-74, never used it, found AKM before AK-74. I just love AKM cause I find ammo for it everywhere.

I had an M4A3 CCO...then got killed by a tree. Got so pissed cuz It's a rare gun and I never got to shoot it. But you just made me feel better. PS I did find an AKM immediately in my next life.