Audio Rejectz

The reason why we need Hackers

Yes that's right, at present DayZ needs hackers and here's why.

The game is currently in early Alpha stage, meaning it is WAY off been anything close to finished. Now the whole point of Alpha and Beta stages are to iron out all bugs / glitches and exploits, as well as stress test the game.

The advantage of having these hackers doing what they are doing now is they are exploiting flaws in the game, in turn the DayZ team look at a resolve and patch it. This is all happening in alpha, which is great!!! As the time they get to beta and then full release it will becoming increasingly difficult to hack the game.

I for one, can not stand hackers. Despise them with a passion and the spoil gaming for regular gamers. But I would without a doubt much prefer to have them now rather than having them destroy the game once complete.

The amount of people who kick off about lost items is rediculas, do they have no understanding on what a game being in Alpha & beta means? The game is not finished, you will die from random glitches, you will randomly loose all your items for no reason..you will have glitches that mess up your save.

When this happens, you report it. In turn this helps the DayZ team fix these issues and provide a much more refined gaming experience.

Don't get to attached to equipment and items at the moment, you without a doubt will loose them at some point during these alpha stages

• Like 10

I should close this before it goes down in Flames.

Please continue.

• Like 5

i agree hackers are good, scares off them bandits not wanting to lose their precious gear... and before bandits come cry about not careing about their gear... then why you dc suckah?

Ignorant premise. The hacks utilize underlying vulnerabilities in Arma II, a game that has been out of alpha and beta for years.

There is no need for people to hack the game. Again, ignorant premise. Makes as much sense as saying we need small pox so that we can make a cure for small pox. ...if it didn't exist we wouldn't need a cure.

• Like 8

Boilerplate argument.

I disagree. Yes, these kinds of actions provide some churn in the development cycle, but it's like saying we need criminals to improve the police force, or holes in our tires to get better patches.

Also, no offense to you in particular, but it's RIDICULOUS. I'm so tired of seeing it spelled rediculas, the your and you're constant mix up, loose for lose and rouge for rogue.

What doesn't spell check these days?

• Like 4

Ignorant premise. The hacks utilize underlying vulnerabilities in Arma II, a game that has been out of alpha and beta for years.

There is no need for people to hack the game. Again, ignorant premise. Makes as much sense as saying we need small pox so that we can make a cure for small pox. ...if it didn't exist we wouldn't need a cure.

Pretty much this...well said, friend.

quite right.

rgds

LoK

We also need child molesters to stop people getting raped when they're older.

>DAT LOGICAL TROLL

We also need child molesters to stop people getting raped when they're older.

this is true. but then again we are talking about video games...

How on earth is it ignorant premise, yes these exploits are due to the arma 2 engine. But if you think that the Dayz team cannot patch these you are seriously mistaken.

Because of how popular DayZ is becoming holes will be found in the game and engine much faster than in Arma2's previous years.

And like I said, these holes are better discovered and fixed now than when the game is finished

@disgraced

Why would I need to use spell check? Are spelling mistakes illegal or something?

Then again, this isn't a site dedicated to grammar and to be honest I don't give a fuck what you think of incorrectly spelt words.

Terrorists are good for the world, because they help us see our national security vulnerabilities and fix them.

/sarcasm

Hackers are using scripts to exploit the game that, if unused, would in no way affect gamers. All the script kiddies do is make more work for Rocket when he could be working on important features, like bug fixes that are actually relevant. Not script blacklisting.

I agree to a degree. Big companies actually hire crackers to break through their security to see where they need to improve, however, as someone else said:

The hacks utilize underlying vulnerabilities in Arma II, a game that has been out of alpha and beta for years.

@nashy

Totally true, I know of company's hiring hackers to try and discover potential exploits. In turn helping them fix the issues.

All these scripts that people are finding now, would of probably been present in final release if the game hadn't launched this alpha.

Please not, this in no way is ment to say in condone hacking. But that I would much prefer them in alpha and them fixed than in final build

• Like 1

IF this were standalone, and only IF, would it be even remotely believable that Audio Rejectz was trying to do anything besides rationalize their own cheating. Sorry, I read the original post 3 or 4 times, and all I get is "I got some sweet hacks, but I feel guilty, so I need to go rationalize them."

That aside, Rocket has google and can search for hacks and cheats just as easy as anyone here can, and likely has/will. Allow the devs to test this themselves. Random players (no, sorry.. TESTERS) abusing every glitch, cheat and script they can find does absolutely zero to help the developers. It overloads servers, it causes server admins to pull the plug, it causes players (ahem.. testers) to leave or resort to "counter-cheating".

+ beans for you.

You don't seem to understand how hacks actually work.

Rocket is building a mod inside an existing game. He is essentially hacking and changing the game. Only, he's doing it in a much grander scale and for everyone to enjoy. Mods are accepted, hacks are not. Since Rocket is building a mod, he has almost no ability at all to stop hackers. This is Battleye and BI's job to do.

Hacks take advantage of holes and other vulnerablilities in a game to insert (or inject) it's own code and overwrite the game's code.

I'll say this once so be sure to make a mental note of it. Stopping hacks completley, in anything, Game or other, is IMPOSSIBLE. it's sad, but true. The hackers will be here in Alpha, Beta, and release. They will continue to be here until the game's dying breath, as with every other popular game ever made.

What can be stopped, much easier than the real hackers are the script kiddies. Scripts can be dealt with and we can see all the script kiddies (which is most of the so called "hackers") go bye bye.

Bottom line, Alpha or not. Hackers will always be with us. Just hopefully not as many.

• Like 1

Very true Striker, to be honest i should of called the post scripts. Im aware hacks will always be present in online games, just as they are with every other. I didn't word it how it should of been, but i was aiming it more at the scripts that people are currently using in game. As these at present are the most used hacks on DayZ

@Robin

Your an idiot, i have no need to use them. I enjoy the challenge and if you looked into my name, you would see im not the kind of person that would piss about with shit like that.

It is more aimed at all these topics getting made by pissed off kids because the server was hacked and they lost there beans

pretty much bullshit... it's Arma2 they are hacking, not dayz.

This will never change /get more difficult as long as Arma2 and battleeye itself gets more secure.

Edit: Just saw that this ahs been said several times already.. since this is the only truth we are done here.

/close

Edited by Riiquiem