darkduke606

Performance Drop; 1.5.8.2 Hotfix

i was stuck at 10 fps.

12.4 catalyst + battleye update= 40 solid fps

in the open

For me it's sporadic. Only changing variable has been the server. Log in to city at server A and lag, log out and into server B and its fine. Overall I've noticed a 5-10 overall fps drop but still playable.

I don't get performance issues when I first start playing, but I noticed that if I play for over an hour, performance slowly begins to degrade to the point that its almost unplayable. This seems to happen most often when rejoining servers, but not closing out of Arma.

Restarting Arma fixes it, so that tells me there is a memory issue somewhere.

Same problem;

My current set up is:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1065t @ 4.0 ghz/1.5v

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V6 GT

Mobo: Asus M5A99x EVO

Ram: 4 Gigs RAM

PSU: Cooler Master Silent ProM 850

GPU:2xCrossfireX Asus 6850

Case: HAF 912

Yes, I have this problem to with an ATI/AMD Card.. im wondering if its something to do with them cards cause I have a mate with a nivida card and he hasnt got this problem once, but I guess hes just lucky... I log into some servers and its like I most have 5 - 10 fps even the text that pops up at the side telling you where you are is so slow, its just not playable at all

i dont know, why we all still spamm this thread..There is no way to fix it, untill an admin bring a fix..so i think we should stop spamming and wait till another fix is out

If you guys provide as much detail as you can, things you notice that bring it on, it will REALLY help nail it. I believe it must have been the last build/hotfix that has done it?

If you guys provide as much detail as you can' date=' things you notice that bring it on, it will REALLY help nail it. I believe it must have been the last build/hotfix that has done it?

[/quote']

yes. maybe the temperature system? not sure. but it did start with the last patch. not sure if it was 1.5.8 or 1.5.8.2 tho

edit: i say temp system because i think it changes some from shaded areas to in the open, which goes along with your new temperature system

It's happened for me since the last update, whether it was purely something in the hotfix I don't know because I wasn't able to update before it came out.

-Happens always in all areas on all servers regardless of graphics settings.

-Happens either immediately or within a minute.

-Videocard is an Nvidia GTX 260, can't remember the manufacturer :V

Hi all,

I want to add my experience from yesterday because I think it might help find the problem. My group of friends and me all connected to Dallas11 and we experienced this FPS drop. We attributed it to lag (we are all in the UK and Europe) and proceeded to look for an european server. We connected to SE3, a swedish server with 20 people out of 50 (it was nighttime there) and it FLEW. We had a long 3 hour session with no glitches or problems and a rock solid FPS.

Hope this helps.

oh, and BTW, Rocket man, awesome, awesome job. IMHO, you made the first game of the future.

If you guys provide as much detail as you can' date=' things you notice that bring it on, it will REALLY help nail it. I believe it must have been the last build/hotfix that has done it?

[/quote']

Please take a look at visibility distance/fog!

i don't think it's the Temp..It happens me, after i logged off from a Server and 5min back in. there starts my FPS prob..i didn't do anything it's probable something else..But i always have FPS Prob's on a DayZ Server..It would be cool, if there's a way to see what is draining so much power.

It laggs more during day then night, I personally think that it laggs more in the big cities such as cherno and elektro. It depends what server I am on, always after a server restart my lag is gone. So it might be a memory league or something.

This lag only happens on 1.5.8.2 servers, I joined several ones and they all lagged. I join a 1.5.8.1 and the lag is gone. It's something to do with the 1.5.8.2 patch that is causing a considerable amount of people to have huge framerate drops.

Changing settings to all low including VD does nothing. Some say updating battleye helped, I tried this and it did appear to increase framerate slightly, however, it's not enough to make this game playable.

I also don't think it makes a different on the system it's being played on.Some have the latest greatest hardware yet it lags on theirs too.

My specs just in case:

AMD x 4 2.5ghz

4gb ram

6870 1gb

[/quote']

I believe it's server related because the only time it ever lags for me changes on how long the server has been up. Dallas 12 I believe was fine then started lagging for everyone about an hour in. Then they reset the server and it was perfectly fine. But yes there has not been this problem in 1.5.7. I believe it started at 1.5.8.2

This started happening to me after the last patch as well, when i first noticed it, it was raining in game. this does not seem to be a system problem, seeing as how playing Arma 2 has no lag or FPS issues at all, only the DayZ mod seems to be affected. i have also tried changing the video settings in game. i have tried all the way from very high to low and i still get the same low FPS lag. the lag seems to be FPS based. when i changed the graphics the game didnt run any slower or faster, it just had the same, low, FPS but with better or worse graphics. also while playing with friends my run speed seemed to be very slow while this FPS lag was happening. they were 2 if not 3 times faster, and yes i checked to see that i was sprinting.

goodluck fixing it =D

I have had it a few times, sometimes as low as 8fps, sometimes not so severe, but still noticable

running two 6950s on a 3.9GHz 2500k, mobo is an Asus Gene-Z r3, OS on an M4 and games on a WDC Black, all drivers kept up to date

I find it only affects new or second-entry spawns immediately following or soon after death; when sub 10 fps occurs the only constant is proximity to the coast - when I get the juddery 20fps it's usually morning

has occured in conjunction with the 'spawning into extended timeout' bug which also came with 1.5.8.2

cf: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5141

I have seen no correlation to any server or battleye update

have not noticed it since updating to the latest OA beta, but a friend has... :/

I've been playing on UK8 and was on there last night and this morning(between 8-9am GMT+1) and everything was fine.

I joined a friend on EU17 this afternoon (between 1-1:30pm GMT+1) and the game was running really badly <10 frames/sec.

UK8 is a hardcore server with no reticle, EU17 has the reticle, not sure if that's anything to do with it.

I was in Msta, the night before(UK8), then again, still crawling around today (EU17) where the framerate was chugging in the village, I died(not sure why :( ) and respawned at Kamenka where I ran inland and the framerate was really bad.

Q6600

4GB Ram

Radeon 5670 512MB

UK8 is a hardcore server with no reticle' date=' EU17 has the reticle, not sure if that's anything to do with it.

[/quote']

that may be something, i didnt realize it before but the server i experienced it on was also hardcore (no reticle)

Hey Rocket,

I've had the same problems with a FPS drop in 1.5.8.2, though the amount of drop seems to fluctuate. HOWEVER, this could help nail it down:

Was playing on US Hardcore 2. FPS was really awful, regardless of location, and I'd guess below 20FPS at all times. This had happened on a number of servers I'd previously played on in 1.5.8.2 (EU8 and EU13), but it hadn't been this bad before.

The server crashed while I was in the centre of Berezino outside the supermarket. It restarted and I logged back in, and FPS was back to how it was before the recent patch. Definitely above 30 FPS, very smooth overall.

It stayed at a decent FPS throughout the rest of the evening, even with the server going up and down a couple of times later.

I never restarted the game client or even left the server list screen between crashes; suddenly when the server crashed and rebooted my FPS was back to normal.

My computer:

Radeon HD 5700 series w/ dual-monitor set-up

AMD Phenom II X4 @3.2Ghz

Windows 7 64bit

4GB memory

Hope this helps!

Maybe you could consult with Benny (maker of Warefare BE), what kind of code was causing the same type of fps drop in his mission.

I'ved played on 6 different u.s. servers since the new patch came out. 3 of them were lag free, and 3 of them weren't.

[/quote']

It only seems to be specific servers. I joined a server where I got 10fps, and everyone else on it complained of the same. That is the only server I have experienced it on. Wish I could remember the server!