darkduke606

Performance Drop; 1.5.8.2 Hotfix

I went from 40-50 FPS before 1.58.2 to about 10-14 fps after.

System specs are Nvidia 470, AMD 1090T, 16 GB Ram, installed on an SSD.

Doesn't happen on all servers, Virginia 22 (Daytime at the time) was fine, DE 2 (Nighttime at the time was fine) but on the 7 or 8 other servers I tried it was unplayable. Didn't restart or change any settings between servers, just swapped servers and some were fine others were unplayable.

I too have this problem. Went from 50-60 fps to around 15-20. In cities its less than 10.

Phenom II X4 960T @4.1ghz

GTX 680

Sabertooth 990fx mobo

8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz

Corsair 240gb SSD

looks like we need another hotfix

It's definitely not in all the same areas, logged in and some areas were ultra smooth, easily 60fps+ while other areas dipped into single digits. It comes and goes, but I can't actually reproduce it. Very weird.

AMD FX-4100

Sapphire Radeon OC 7970

8gb of 1600mhz ram.

I have been noticing some periods of low fps, mostly when zooming which is suppose to be almost instant it now stutters into zoom. Among other things. Fps is worse but for me its not yet unplayable.

My server crashed (or restarted) and the problem went away. It also seemed like our temp stopped dropping. Perhaps the server stopped calculating temp and it cleared up the problem.

Just to let anyone know who's having low performance issue, it's most likely in part by the latest hotfix and along the lines of the server it's self. Considering that you have less CPU/GPU usage online then you normally would. Since there's more server side things at work.

There's nothing we can really do, though I can say that for some servers that do a regular restart (Like there was a Chicago server that restarts every 6 hours or so) the performance goes back to all time highs. On other servers I do have better performance then others. High/Low pings don't seem to have that big of a difference in terms of how my game runs.

And messing with graphical options don't do much in terms of performance, and if it did it was usually a minor 5-10 frame difference.

yeah, same as all the rest.

used to have 40-45fps, now after patch and hotfix have an unplayable 9-15 fps

hope Rocket can fix this soon because i want to play and enjoy the mod but cant if my performance is shit from this temp patch

i7 720 1.9ghz

ati 5870m

8GB 1333hz ram

My server crashed (or restarted) and the problem went away. It also seemed like our temp stopped dropping. Perhaps the server stopped calculating temp and it cleared up the problem.

Ahh, it would make sense if the temperature calculation is the one causing FPS drop

I'm getting about 17fps when near buildings, used to have over 40

C2Q @ 3.2GHz

8G ram

GTX560ti

win7 64bit

I have reason to believe this is server related, or has something to do with admins not updating properly. Some servers run just like they should and always have while others run at 10fps or so regardless of settings or specs.

Its been nigh-unplayable for me, FPS hovers around 5-10 on the coasts and inland I was about 15.

Pre-patch was roughly 30-35 FPS

GTX 460

Athlox X4 640 @ 3.0GHz

8GB 1600 RAM

Win7 64Bit

Bounce between sessions at 15 fps, other play sessions I'm running fine around 50 fps, same areas, just different restarts of client.

Win7 Pro 64bit

Steam install - Started with six updater, running AO beta patch, no steam overlay

TS3 client for voice

Radeon HD 4860

8GB RAM

Core2 Quad - 2.83 GHz

guys' date=' try to update yr battleye anticheat at http://www.battleye.com/download.html - this solved FPS problem for me

[/quote']

I tried this and just had a quick run around on the game, the performance was noticably better, back to being butter smooth. I will have a long session later to make sure it's permanently gone and doesn't come back.

Tried updating the battleye, seems like it helped a little but yet not much.

Also noticed that on some servers there's no FPS drop (compared to my experience from the previous patch) and on others there is some or a lot of FPS drop.

Will be waiting for a hotfix.

I also updated battleye which seem to have increased my fps a little bit, still not playable though.

The problem with trying to figure out what increases FPS is that sometimes your FPS will be fine, then you reconnect and it's back to being awful.

guys' date=' try to update yr battleye anticheat at http://www.battleye.com/download.html - this solved FPS problem for me

[/quote']

Nope, didn't fix it.

Updated Battleeye, joined two servers this morning. FPS was higher (but still not as high as it should be), but the third, fourth and fifth servers again had FPS at a maximum of 10-14.

I'll be waiting for the hotfix! I'm planning on doing a nice instruction video, but that will have to wait! Good luck on sorting stuff out Rocket!

Unfortunately updating BattleEye didnt help, I have like.. 3/4fps more but still hanging around 14 fps currently :(