rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

* [NEW] Client will automatically spawn player out of debug and waterworld to last known position

* [NEW] Players spawning in debug area or "water world" will spawn on beach on next login (with their gear)

Alright.. to clear this up, do you mean freshly started characters will spawn on the beach on next login... and characters that were already alive will be spawned to last known position?

Rocket, fix the bodies despawn and dead body sound without bodies please :(

I hope he doesn't answer that. Stuff like this should not be public. Lets not make it so easy for the hackers/scripters please.

I don't think you understand what your comment says exactly.

In other words, you're saying "I'd appreciate it if you didn't let us know what you're doing to improve the performance of our gameplay". A year down the road, you'll regret that statement when updates that are ruining the game aren't being listed on the patch notes.

Rocket, have a cold one with some friends at the beach and give updating DayZ a rest for a bit.

• Like 2

I have a question relating new alt+f4 punishing mechanic.

I usually play at night, so if I want to play on daylight server I have to "hunt" for it. Informations like -8GMT are not always valid (sometimes it says so in server description, but its still dark as hell), so I usually hop from server to server looking for a right place to play. Does the new fix flag me as an "alt+f4-er" or am I safe?

Rocket, have a cold one with some friends at the beach and give updating DayZ a rest for a bit.

oooooh no ...no rest for Rocket on a Thursday !!! :beans:

• Like 3

what da fuq ... whats about the dialog? i missclicked 2 times and died instant case of this retarded button. plz fix this first and stop do things like that. FIX the MAIN PROBLEMS!

The main problem is that you press a button without reeding its labeling. It is absolutely ok to leave respawn for heavy injured chars. But you also should be able to press it if you are no longer a human player (transformed to a rabbit by a hacker) or you are respawned in DebugHills (what should no longer happen... I know... simply don't believe it). If the game no longer does respawn to debug hills, hackers still can do so...
  • Like 1

* [NEW] Client will automatically spawn player out of debug and waterworld to last known position

Sounds good...

if <current pos outside bounds> then

// EDIT after reading more of the forum!

//if <last known position outside bounds> then <f8ck knows where player will spawn> fi

if <last known position outside bounds> then <spawn on beach on next login (with their gear)>

fi

spawn player(fingers crossed)

Ahh, I love coding :-)

Edited by dayzrab

Alright.. to clear this up, do you mean freshly started characters will spawn on the beach on next login... and characters that were already alive will be spawned to last known position?

If you join a game (login) and start in the debug zone (some rare case of database based corruption of your position), you will spawn on the beach as per the rest of your save.

If you are already in game, and get teleported out, you will be teleported to your last known safe position. This now also works more effectively against the techniques used by hackers, as well.

• Like 11

If you join a game (login) and start in the debug zone (some rare case of database based corruption of your position), you will spawn on the beach as per the rest of your save.

If you are already in game, and get teleported out, you will be teleported to your last known safe position. This now also works more effectively against the techniques used by hackers, as well.

Ahh I see what you mean there. But.. does that mean you could just walk outside of the map, logout and log back in and bloop to the beach?

Um not sure if i missed anything, but when does the update come out? ^_^

Edited by DeTaiLz

I forgot to elaborate on my comment about Zombies not being smart enough. What I mean't by that is Zombies don't really hear gun shots, half of them just stand around and do nothing, and the other 60% of them don't even see you walk past them until you are about 50meters away.

Durability is a must.

Ammo.. there is far, far too much. This is meant to be survival. How is the game survival if you have 6 belts of 249. Find a pile of 4 AK mags. It's just silly. Or another way to prevent this would be to make it so mags have a high chance of just having a single round in the mag etc etc. Too much ammo takes away the sence of being fucked. It makes you feel too save and makes the game far too easy.

I have never died of food or water. Actually I always have 2 cans of food and 2 cans of water without fail I normally find im just walking past food and water as there is too much or just dropping it as i have too much.

Also might I add...

The guns are wrong. This is an apocalypse based in Russia.. why the american guns.. what's wrong with RPDs PKPs :(

Also...

Im sorry.. but if you find this game hard now. You're not hardcore enough :/

please stop using the ugliest colour known to man.
  • Like 1

Ahh I see what you mean there. But.. does that mean you could just walk outside of the map, logout and log back in and bloop to the beach?

No, it checks your position against two known shit ones: waterworld (where you end up if uniform change craps out), or debug land (about 20kms from the edge of the map).

It also checks if you have moved further than it expected. If so, it will correct that.

• Like 3

Great additions to the hotfix so far. Unless there are a lot more features you want to get out in this update I think after your done testing the 5 second timer on disconnect you release the patch and take the weekend off :). Im sure you could use a couple drinks after reading through all these posts

All good. its more than playable and. My thanks to all you at arma. this is big. duh. as if you hadnt worked that out.

i joined at 300k. now look at it. Go the zombies

So if Uniforms no longer cause you to be teleported and lose all gear, does that mean the issue is permanently fixed for suits?

Yet you think arma2/game engine is decent? Lol'd a little.

I said the Arma 2 game engine was decent? You need to figure out exactly what you are mad about.

Edited by Zilla

No, it checks your position against two known shit ones: waterworld (where you end up if uniform change craps out), or debug land (about 20kms from the edge of the map).

It also checks if you have moved further than it expected. If so, it will correct that.

Sounds peachy to me

Do you plan to release the update today or next week?

Kickass. I was starting to worry we'd have another common exploit coming. Great work!

God its annoying to read your posts. you don't get anything do you? debug zone is not the same as "outside the map".

Edited by everystone
  • Like 1