rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

I could make all sorts of grand statements, and make some cool concept art, but it would be dishonest and ultimately pointless.

I see what you did there...

• Like 2

Don't self censor, when hypocrites and "righteous" media want to attack you, they will. I think the no respawn isnt really a solution. People will simply walk to the nearest Z and let themselves be killed for a new spawnpoint.

I think it's more a question of prudence really. These kinds of issues could delay the standalone, I don't want to delay it.

I'd like to see players start off with more ripped up clothing. I feel like I was dropped off safely onto the shore.

I think that feeling quickly leaves you :) But I see your point. Content isn't really a huge focus with the mod at the moment.

• Like 1

Isn't it an idea to prevent alt-f4 by similar system like World of Warcraft has? When you log out, you sit down for 20 seconds and if you have not taken any damage in that time you log, if you do take damage you can't log out.

• Like 2

I dont get the part where you said you cant re spawn anymore

so we cant killed our self anymore? a zombie must kill us? then we spawn somewhere random? will it be by the coast? or in land?

Target is Wednesday. May slip as I can already see some changes I need to make, based on some good feedback here. We won't do it on Friday. So that means either Wednesday, Thursday, or Monday.

This is something that is mainly done through BI and BattlEye. The mod itself can now do little more to combat this, without impacting severely on the players performance. It is a source issue, not a mod issue. I've already cleansed the mod of non in-use classnames in the last update, beyond that the mod's work on hackers is minimal. BI and BattlEye are working on it, confirmed, with every update.

I really would of thought considering you worked for these guys and you've clearly made them an absolute corpse load of cash, I really would of thought they would of given you access to the source code already!

• Like 1

Should just permanently disable this, or remove it completely. You spawn where you spawn, accept it - having the ability to choose isn't necessary.

How can you say its not necessary? I know so many people who cant get into dayz because its too hard to meet up with friends. People want to play dayz with their friends and a lot of people have a limited amount of time to play and don't want to spend 40 minutes of their night running to meet someone before they can actually play together.

• Like 7

I for one like the new respawning mechanic (or lack thereof). For those lamenting spawning at Kamenka, you do know it's a hop skip and a jump away from Balota airfield, home of 4 deer stands, 2 hangars and an ATC? That's a pretty solid source of loot and weaponry. Or, you could head north for Stary/Novy and try your luck. It does suck to link up with your friends, but it does no matter where you can spawn.

Implementing a choose where you spawn mechanic would require tweaking. Otherwise, everyone will choose Novy to get to Stary and that place will become a graveyard of noob corpses, either as people rush the 15 military tents or head to the NW Airfield.

So you're going to force people who are stuck in the debug plains to wait until they starve to death rather than suiciding? Great logic.

Out-of-bound respawns now get set to random spawn on the beach. It's not perfect, but its a start.

• Like 8

It would start too, and it would warn you. What we have found from previous data sweeps is that if someone is conducting one "anti-social" mechanic, they are tending to do others. I'm designing some algorithms that will hopefully reduce the number of false-positives. There will be some, therefore we will need to implement a way for players to check their status online, so they can raise tickets for a manual review. This is going to take some time, but in the meantime - 5 second alive after disconnect + cooldowns on multiple logins should have some effect.

+ a 20 sec disconnect wait if they have fired a gun in the last 10 secs

So we can run over and shoot them in the head....

Just kidding... well maybe.

Thanks for the info on the update, its amazing how a few words generate panic :P

You keep changing it m8 we will keep trying to break it.

Keep up the good work

One request put something in that makes servers get on the same version Arma Beta patches as each other and get their $hit together plz

Will you fix the tents ? They're completely broken right now.

yes please oh great and powerful Rocket ...

28klichjpg.gif

• Like 2

In the moment you cannot walk through doors sideways, you know what I mean? You have to go completely straight, otherwise you get stuck.

Will this be fixed anytime soon? It's just a minor thing.

• Like 1

You're right if it was a perfect world we would be on one large server, however that is not a posability. If it was and there were say... only 5 large servers that would be a perfectly legit answer however there are easily 100+ servers out there. Its more a matter of being able to enjoy the game the way I would like to as well as helping others. As for preventing the abuse by taking away our weapons that makes no sense, I have yet to be shot at or shot another player while on the [TMW] medic list, being on that list means that I am a respectful and trustworthy player that the DayZ community can contact in the event that they would like a little help.

the no firearm was just a quick thought- i knew that isnt a valid solution, i wanted to get certain thoughts in the readers head.

however, i have no idea what list you are talking about, and most other players dont either. and if i see you ingame, how am i going to know? with the way the game is now, i will shoot you on sight. ive been killed too many times the same way for no reason, i cant trust you. (or anyone). the other problem is, all the servers are representing the same world. obviously 200000 players cant be supported on one server, but the 1 world representation should still be treated as such. the other thing is, if you are allowed to server (dimension) hop to give blood, i (anyone) want to be able to hop to find blood. blood as in blood or food. so we are back where we started. i just think the same rules should apply to everyone and no exceptions. dont care about any list. doesnt make you any different from me.

(i can put myself on a list too)

Rocket could you add the base level for groups? I mean at this point I would settle for using the squad URL and apply a green dot about my squads heads or something. Anything would be better than nothing.

• Like 1

How can you say its not necessary? I know so many people who cant get into dayz because its too hard to meet up with friends. People want to play dayz with their friends and a lot of people have a limited amount of time to play and don't want to spend 40 minutes of their night running to meet someone before they can actually play together.

Part of the game is learning to navigate, and getting to where you need to be, If it is so hard to meet up, don't die so much.

Alternatively, think of the no spawning with your buddies thing as a punishment for dying. You died. It's supposed to suck, not be "oh good I died, now I don't have to figure out where I am/where to go."

• Like 5

* [NEW] Respawn button is disabled during DayZ play

What is the point of this?

If I spawn on the other side of the map to my friend, why should we have to run for over an hour to meet? Doesn't this game focus on co-op?

Additionally, what about people who spawn in the plains, in the sea or in walls? Are they supposed to spam until someone comes over and kills them?

If I want to respawn now all I have to do is run into a group of zombies. This is a pointless change and if it is to combat server load from respawning then it's the wrong approach to fixing the problem. Optimise the respawn code.

• Like 3

Rocket - Thanks for the hard work.

Could you please address the wake up animations after a player has passed out?

Currently when you are knocked unconcious or pass out due to blood loss, the player will attempt to play the weapon readying animation three times as well as what looks like readying a rocket launcher before the player is able to do anything. When you have zeds eating you, blood pouring out and/or other players on their way to loot/kill you time is critical.

• Like 1

What about this - If a player is in shock, the "5-second-alive-after-disconnecting" is increased to i.e. 10-20 seconds.

Looking forward to this patch, good luck rocket :P

Edited by Shazman

So you're going to force people who are stuck in the debug plains to wait until they starve to death rather than suiciding? Great logic.

This is one problem I have with the development of Dayz, certain aspects that are changed to "experiment" with are changed without thinking of some of the obvious consequences. I love the fact that Rocket is attempting to make things experience orientated (less opportunities to run, more survival based) but at the expense of... when the game fucks up you're fucked.

It will be interesting though if you publish the new data you will be collecting and see on average how many servers does someone join before finally playing. If my normal ones are offline it can be up to 10 or so servers I log on to ensure they're not laggy, full of hackers or just plain bust.

Disabling respawn will be pretty moot. How far have you ever spawned away from some zombies? Honestly, cherno/elek just are too big and full of goodies compared to smaller towns. If items were better spread out people would flock there less (which also means less player hunters camping these places).

fixed some spelling errors

Edited by Vincent_Z
  • Like 1

In the moment you cannot walk through doors sideways, you know what I mean? You have to go completely straight, otherwise you get stuck.

Will this be fixed anytime soon? It's just a minor thing.

That is because your gun is sticking out. It's part of the game. You can't fit a 4 foot long gun through a 3.5 foot wide doorway (making those numbers up).

• Like 4

Rocket when are we goin to see new zed animation? Or they will remain like this till the finished product?

Rocket please give us your official statement on the state of the tents. They're not saving their inventory and when they do, they just dupe it everytime a server gets restarted. It's a gamebreaking for our clan.