rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

Now I was wondering if it was possible to make it so that no one will be able to acces the guy's backpack or do anything to the player until they are actually killed/dead? (or logged back in, obviously). I think this wouldn't be a bad idea, if it was possible atleast. I don't see how people are still gonna duplicate stuff like this.

Seems it would work, but it won't. Say I am bleeding and need blood. I tell my buddy to get a bandage/bloodpack out of my backpack (good players ALWAYS have a blood pack in their backpack just for this situation. Not good.

I think you're going about combating the alt +f4 problem in completely the wrong way.

Ridiculous.

Like I said, it's only part of the equation to solving it. The main effort of this update is to log data.

Secondary effort is the cooldown, and the "5 second survival of character on logout".

People read the parts of posts they want too... and ignore the rest... le sigh....

• Like 23

Rocket, what about "saving-tent-when-roll-it-down" fix? I mean when we place a tent, we could choose a SAVE in menu. But when we collapse it and pick up in inventory - we CAN'T save this action in no way, and then we have a tent in inventory and the tent on the SAME place where it was. You can do something to solve this problem?

And "saving-bullets-in-magazines-when-logout"... Would it be?

Edited by AnyKey

I have a simple idea to fix suiciding to select spawn area:

Every time you suicide to change your spawn point you simply spawn in the same location. There will be no point in killing yourself. And the PvP will spread along the coast instead of concentrating in Electro.

• Like 2

I wholeheartedly suggest that you don't disable the "Respawn" button until you can select a spawn point, nobody wants to spawn in Kamenka when it is a pretty accurate assessment that you "need" to go to a main city and gear up before heading in-land.

Kamenka is one of the best spot to spawn along the coast.

No wonder there's so many whinning about Tcherno and Elektro "Butcher Bay" if people don't even take the time to study the map.

Anyway, great news Rocket, keep up the steady pace !

• Like 1

Well... I can tell what I will do when respawn is disabled without a spawn location choice. Run in the first Zombie and let him have his way with me. Repeat until playable spawn area. Doesn't sound like fun. :|

[Edit: Though I want to say that this kind of communication with the community is simply great. Keep up the good work!]

Edited by Takas
  • Like 1

I'm sorry but I find it kind of dumb to just remove the respawn feature. So if me and my friends die together its going to make it harder for us to meet up and start playing together again? Most of the appeal of this game is playing with friends why make that 100% more difficult? If you have plans to make a group spawn feature why can you simply not just WAIT till you have it ready before removing respawn? I honestly feel like youre trying to make the game harder and a more intense experiance but doing it by simply just making the game frustrating and not at all in a good way. We put up with all of your glitches on a daily basis you could at least cut us some slack.

• Like 3

Disabling the respawn button is useless, it's not like suicide is hard in this game.

I really don't mind the changes, just try to reduce the amount of hackers. Some of my best DayZ-moments gets ruining by these mass-teleporting morons. These cheats aren't even hard to get and it takes no effort to bypass BE.

• Like 2

Kamenka is one of the best spot to spawn along the coast.

No wonder there's so many whinning about Tcherno and Elektro "Butcher Bay" if people don't even take the time to study the map.

Anyway, great news Rocket, keep up the steady pace !

As said in a follow-up post it's not the best for meeting people like a larger city is! My style of course, I'm in no way speaking for anybody else :)

will this update solve the bug where your inventory is reset when logging in? alot of people including myself have been unable to play dayz properly for about a week

I have a simple idea to fix suiciding to select spawn area:

Every time you suicide to change your spawn point you simply spawn in the same location. There will be no point in killing yourself. And the PvP will spread along the coast instead of concentrating in Electro.

You can no longer respawn, as it says in the changelog.

Suicide may be possible with a firearm, I am just checking to see if it will cause me to end up on CNN or some random politician somewhere will end up blaming me for a string of suicides. I'd rather not be sued, be on CNN, or responsible for people killing themselves.

• Like 28

Like I said, it's only part of the equation to solving it. The main effort of this update is to log data.

Secondary effort is the cooldown, and the "5 second survival of character on logout".

People read the parts of posts they want too... and ignore the rest... le sigh....

By cooldown, do you mean a state of frozen stand-stilliness on login? Like a login freeze sort of thing?

Rocket are you aware that z's sight seems broken? When using crouch running they are spotting you from hundreds of meters away yet others much closer do not notice you. 1.7.5's z's did not have this behaviour.

• Like 3

Suicide may be possible with a firearm, I am just checking to see if it will cause me to end up on CNN or some random politician somewhere will end up blaming me for a string of suicides. I'd rather not be sued, be on CNN, or responsible for people killing themselves.

There are already a dozen games out there with a suicide option. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

lol true.

1 question for you rocket.

What about hackers? Is getting a lil fustrating playing with all the hacking going on.

Edited by Zul
  • Like 1

By cooldown, do you mean a state of frozen stand-stilliness on login? Like a login freeze sort of thing?

Your client will receive all the data it needs to start itself, but it will tell you it is waiting X seconds before executing due to the logout timer.

• Like 1

Rocket are you aware that z's sight seems broken? When using crouch running they are spotting you from hundreds of meters away yet others much closer do not notice you. 1.7.5's z's did not have this behaviour.

True, I've been in situation when I am crouch walking or crawling right in front of a zed without him even noticing it, and another comes running from 300mts (i measured it with the middle mouse hand stuff), or they run even from behind buildings.

• Like 1

Will you fix the tents ? They're completely broken right now.

• Like 1

10 seconds is more than sufficient, it doesn't leave someones cheese hanging in the wind too long if they're in a reasonably safe spot, and if you're in combat with someone and can't kill them in 10 seconds of them doing absolutely nothing, you probably didn't have a chance of killing them to begin with.

kill someone within 10 sec? sounds like youve never been in a combat situation.

Don't self censor, when hypocrites and "righteous" media want to attack you, they will. I think the no respawn isnt really a solution. People will simply walk to the nearest Z and let themselves be killed for a new spawnpoint.

• Like 3

I accept it is going to be a, well, bitch.

But we need to see what affect this kind of forced spawn will have on players. It will make dying more significant. We need to see what response this will actually have with the data, not just the QQ from people on the forums. It is like previous updates where we had to try controversial things. This update will, unfortunately, come in before we have had a chance to look at group spawn mechanics.

Should just permanently disable this, or remove it completely. You spawn where you spawn, accept it - having the ability to choose isn't necessary.

• Like 6

1- When is this great patch going to be release

Target is Wednesday. May slip as I can already see some changes I need to make, based on some good feedback here. We won't do it on Friday. So that means either Wednesday, Thursday, or Monday.

2- What about hackers? Is getting a lil fustrating playing with all the hacking going on.

This is something that is mainly done through BI and BattlEye. The mod itself can now do little more to combat this, without impacting severely on the players performance. It is a source issue, not a mod issue. I've already cleansed the mod of non in-use classnames in the last update, beyond that the mod's work on hackers is minimal. BI and BattlEye are working on it, confirmed, with every update.

• Like 10

Should just permanently disable this, or remove it completely. You spawn where you spawn, accept it - having the ability to choose isn't necessary.

^ This

+1

• Like 14