rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

Hey Rocket, My friend has low FPS while playing DayZ, but in ARMA2/ARMA2OA his FPS is perfect.

I Just wanna to know if you are gonna fix this memory leak or what ever that problem is???

alt+f4 troubles and play with friends

What about some kind of invitation process where I can invite a friend. My friend gets a jump flag for 5 minutes and must logoff before that time with a 1 minute cooldown. This make some kind of two way handshake security as long as 2 "ok" are needed to jump safely and there's a cooldown. As long as you recieved the jump flag and made the cooldown you are safe to get tagged "bad".

:rolleyes:

Edited by Kanashii

In regards to the Alt + F4 and logging out to escape death, why don't we copy another online game, you may of heard of it, Runescape.

In runescape you can not logout if you are in combat, I was thinking that you can't logout if you have been shot in the last 5-10mins and there are agro Zed's within a certain range of you and if there are survivors shooting withing a certain range.

Aswell, once you logout there is like couple of minutes cooldown before you can join another server, unless it's the one you just left.

The only problem I can see with tracking which server you go on is that some people might not have good internet connection so they have to go to a million servers before they find one that is stable and not dysncing. I have ADSL2+ so I'm not one of these people.

What do you guys and gals think?

Edited by themightynoob01

i see all this talk about implementing a logout timer... sure that works if people are logging out... it doesn't prevent ALt+F4ing or even a ctrl+alt+delete... or even unplugging your ethernet cord...

I'm hopeing for some kind of response tomorrow at the latest about what the release of 1.62 will do for updateing DayZ now. Still need beta patch? What about Steam? The new update hasn't been released for Steam yet so what will Steam users do?

Body would be there sure.. but seriously we don;t start with anything of real value. I think it is a non-issue. Duplicated bandages and painkillers seriously wouldn't break the game. lol..

yeah, but you see how people play the game. whether or not it "breaks the game", people would be respawning to stock up on bandages

Hay Dean,

I´ve been playing now quite a few day´s and I have expirienced quite alot,

just recently a friend of mine was playing with some grenade´s in the woods and I dont know HOW he did it... but he threw that damn thing at a tree and it came right back at him... he killed 3 ppl (including himself, me and a another one of us).

The other day I was in Cherno whith a friend in one of the restaurants-houses, we where on the 1st floor and heared a guy on the lower floor, we positioned ourself around the staircase and when he came up the stair´s that was his end :lol: :P :D <3

What I wanna say is: I can´t imagine how ur life turned around since that huge project of ur´s or how a "normal day" look´s like, but I really.. REALLY wanna thank you for not beeing a selfish dick who sold that project to one of the big companies who seem to not rly know what a game should be like and mess up -- again.! ... there is a reason it´s the second most sold game on steam, you should be proud of urself.

I have a little question,

me and some others found some tent´s and we wanted to place them, but on of my buddy´s mentioned that after last update (if I am not mistaken) all tent´s where "lost" (eating by the server or whatever) and I wanted to know if you possibly could give a precise statement about the update-status like exact time and/or/maybe delay-information.

PS: Sorry for my bad english (I´m not an nativ english-speaker) and best regards! :thumbsup: B)

Edited by sockxy

* [NEW] Hive now tracks login/logout (for use with preventing ALT+F4)

We're getting there.

Is there any confirmation of the possibility of a 'logout timer' similar to that of the one in WoW for example that applies when alt+f4ing to come in the future?

i see all this talk about implementing a logout timer... sure that works if people are logging out... it doesn't prevent ALt+F4ing or even a ctrl+alt+delete... or even unplugging your ethernet cord...

The idea is that it applies either while hitting Abort in the menu (starting your timer, while you watch what happens) or when you alt f4 or, as you state, unplug your ethernet cable, the timer will run server-side and only after 5 seconds will the player actually log out, meaning if you killed in those 5 seconds you are actually dead.

Edited by Vampy

I agree with the first post, Hacking is the biggest problem. Out clan is paying a lot of money for a server that is getting hacked and abused for days on end.

Can a feature be added where instead of just saying "(players name) was killed" can you include the line to include by who so admin can kick & ban said person.

Our entire clan was sniped, pipe bombed and shot with an MP5 with in seconds yesterday, none of us saw the killer, one clan member said a pipe bomb just appeared next to him.

God mode is also being used (witnessed by myself for the first time yesterday).

Thanks Rocket & Team.

Edited by =TFU=Fordy

We're getting there.

Is there any confirmation of the possibility of a 'logout timer' similar to that of the one in WoW for example that applies when alt+f4ing to come in the future?

I guess it caused lag. they said they're gonna try it out again in closed testing

Why no one talks about weirds artifacts ? Wires and Tank traps did them ...

I get them. I get the feeling it's not that widespread, and probably unique to certain vid cards

Regarding suicide, why is there such a big fuss over it here and not for games like *deep breath in* CoD? While on Last Stand in CoD 4 there was a 'Coward's Way Out' wasn't there? They didn't name it suicide obviously but it was evident what it was. Would it be possible to implement a 'suicide' feature, avoiding the term 'suicide' which the media would love to report, but something stereotypical-zombie-film like 'Give up' or 'Give in.' This is assuming that suicide is still on-board as a suggestion, as if I break my legs with no morphine I would hate to have to crawl to the nearest zed which could be ages away.

I guess it caused lag. they said they're gonna try it out again in closed testing

Bleh, best of luck to making it work to the devs I guess.

yeah, but you see how people play the game. whether or not it "breaks the game", people would be respawning to stock up on bandages

Well, we can also simple start with nothing of course... But that's a lot of changes already, just to turn off respawn is easier i guess.

Edited by kostuek

The truth.

Taking away the respawn function WITHOUT having a respawn selector or something along those lines is purely problematic. People will still essentially respawn, but instead they will just find zombies to kill them instead. And what happens when you spawn in the wilderness and haven't a clue where you are? Do you run for 20 minutes to find one stupid zombie to end you?

I know you won't listen to this, but please dont remove it before you actually implement something better. Its just not needed. There are so many other stupid bugs and fixes you could implement, why bother with this for now? I'm still falling through rocks and dieing, having zombies glitch through stairways and "oneshot" me. Just an hour ago I died on my atv because i couldn't cross a little bridge that didn't even have water underneath.

I hope you reconsider.... <_<

Of course you do, because you dont want to have to walk to the nearest city like everyone else. Give it a rest all of you. You are so obvious with you pathetic examples and reasons for these game breaking mechanics to remain. Respawn till you find a "good spawn"? If that isnt explotation than I dont know what is. This game is not catered to you. It is a time consuming, frustrating, sometimes annoying experience. This is what I want, but thats not what makes it right. What makes it right is that THIS IS WHAT ROCKET WANTS. Its HIS game. NOT YOURS. Im just glad what he wants is also what I want. If it wasent, Id find another game instead of trying to derail a project thats goals (or lack thereof) where layed out from the get go. You guys need to think logically about entitlment.

IN addition, a story for you all about the negatives of DC. And before you give me all your BS reasons why the "innocent people" will be effected, go back to page 37-40 and read my logical reasons why you ARE a DCer, http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/42806-pending-update-build-1724/page__st__720#entry413998 and please never post again.

WHY DC/SERVER HOPPING IS THE CAUSE OF EXESSIVE KoS

-You're sitting their in a house in Novy Sabor contimplating your next location. You move out and turn a corner and your heart stops. Here comes another survivor. Hes equipped with nicer gear than you have. A machine gun, you only a pistol but a large cayote. He only has a chech. He hasent seen you but you think its only a matter of time. You hold out on taking a shot. Zombies ARE EVERYWHERE. You've never seen so many spawn in one place. Its 1.7.2 and you know the zombies vision and hearing are much more realistic than before. You let your guard down for just a second and you are being shot at. The survivor walking down the street was not a survivor, he was a bandit. You die in a pool of your own blood and regrets at not taking HIM OUT first. Hes made a KoS out of you now.

But what about the bandit?? Surely he would have considered the seriousness of opening fire in that shitstorm of zombies. No. Didnt even cross his mind because he knew all he had to do was kill you. DC. And spawn back in right where your dead body lies. He is chilling. Zombies spawn back not aggroed a few seconds later. MO GEAR, NO PROBLEMS.

I rest my case......

Edited by VictorM

Why do people hate Kamenka? I for one love it. Its the first place i ever spawned. It will always be my home. If i have to spawn there everytime i play DayZ i will be more than happy. Feck it, just have everyone spawn in Kamenka with an AK47 and 1 mag. Survival of the fittest. Spawn > Shoot > Run !!!

Probably because it's easier to spawn in one of the big cities where you can essentially hit up a supermarket and be set.

Hi Rocket,

Have you thought of allowing groups that are spawned randomly on the coast regardless of their characters original location? This would allow friends to play together and still keep the random spawn location.

Might have to put a cool down on the adding of party members (causing a respawn) to stop respawn hopping for a better start position.

Cheers

Exactly, and this is why the only proper solution is server side and this is what Rocket and team are doing - data-mining to establish "bad" patterns, giving different weights to "bad" actions then he will use statistical analysis algorithms to ban abusers. This is similar to spam filtering algorithms.

Edited by ZlobaRUS54

Probably because it's easier to spawn in one of the big cities where you can essentially hit up a supermarket and be set.

Isn't the plan for 90% of people Cherno/Elektro --> Supermarket --> Hospital --> North?

Exactly, and this is why the only proper solution is server side and this is what Rocket and team are doing - data-mining to establish "bad" patterns, giving different weights to "bad" actions then he will use statistical analysis algorithms to ban abusers. This is similar to spam filtering algorithms.

I answered this a few posts up, the logout timer will be server-side (I assume, otherwise there is no point to it.) Just like in WoW if you've ever played it, you have to wait 20 seconds to log out. Even if you alt f4 or rip out your ethernet cable or microwave your router, your character stays logged into the server for 20 seconds.

Edited by Vampy

Isn't the plan for 90% of people Cherno/Elektro --> Supermarket --> Hospital --> North?

Yeah, pretty much.

I prefer to take the scenic route most of the time, scoping out deer stands, barns or whatever.

You people stupid or something? Go to the middle of Cherno or Electro and you'll be wiped the f..k out

Hey trollface, this has nothing to do with my gear, if I go to Cherno/Elecktro YOU will be wiped out and I will enjoy your delicious beans. I have tons of good gear, on multiple servers so this would be a 'loss' for me, yet I want people to start from scratch to help avoid the ridiculous duping that is rampant. Item inflation is off the charts, and the only way to combat it is to reset everything to zero. Everyone starting over will create some very interesting scenarios that will be fun to play through.

I suppose we should wait until duping has been fixed before doing anything drastic, but it needs to happen soon.

I really appreciate the attempt to stop Alt + F4, but one thing bothers me a little bit. Sometimes i need to switch servers to find one with good ping/settings. Is there going to be a punishment for going to different servers, or is it just going to be applied to reconnecting to the same server?

I really appreciate the attempt to stop Alt + F4, but one thing bothers me a little bit. Sometimes i need to switch servers to find one with good ping/settings. Is there going to be a punishment for going to different servers, or is it just going to be applied to reconnecting to the same server?

I think the sheer multitude of people who do this would tell dayz devs it's just nature. I change servers often too due to connection problems since me and some of my friends live around Europe we can't all connect to the same servers, resulting in a fair amount of reconnects. I don't think rocket or the team will do anything drastic, they're all pretty sane. Perhaps they have a way to tell if a player has lost a significant amount of blood and then disconnects or something of the like?

not me. every time I rush to Cherno or Elektro, I find good stuff, but seldom make it out alive

that's why I like spawning in Kamenka. I hit the deer-stands and barns to the north, the supermarket in Zelen, and then head further north. the big cities are just death traps IMO

Edited by daze23