rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

Must be awkward being shit at a game n so mouthy :S

dont forget to flush next time

My point exactly! day-z is a fucking video game people! people try to act like its soooo much more than just an online game and we should strip it of any fun so it can be REALISTIC MOD!!! The biggest problem with the forums is people cant argue against a change without hearing "LOL CAREBEAR GO BACK TO CALL OF DUTY" and made to feel like a pussy. The game needs to sacrifice some realistic aspects and just let people have FUN. people need to grow a pair and run? Do you have friends you play with on a regular basis?? Why should people feel like less of players because they don't feel like wasting time running in one direction. Meeting up is easy as SHIT it just involves way too much time the map is gigantic. Why can't I have more time playing with my friends??

i couldnt be bothered with finding the one post you posted about wasting time. but your wasting more time bitching about fun than actually playing and trying to have the fun you speak of. this game is not meant to be fun this is a SIMULATOR, when you launch the ARMA 2 CO read the fine print at the bottom it says this is a military simulation type thingy that doesnt involve fun it involves real life strategy and train of thought. get over your self entitlement phase of your life and accept the game for what it is trying to do and not bash it for not delivering you your moneys worth of fullfillment you think your entitled to. end rant awaiting trollific response that you will attempt to even further rationalize your idiotic posts.

Man, reading this thread is hard work.

I really like the idea of the Respawn being activated in times of trouble (ie: debug forest or if you have a fracture)

Last night i was wandering around when i spied a deer stand. Being fully armed and geared up (and a bit too confident and cocky) i just rolled in with the idea of headshotting the three or so Zeds. Little did i know that there was a small building nearby that also spawned Zeds. Soon i had 7 screeching terrors racing at me. I took down 5 but the sixth once hit me once and broke my leg. Not having morphine i crawled to the deer stand and decided my fate. I couldnt be bothered to crawl or wait and i would have Respawned if i didnt have a frag grenade on me. I waited for the Zeds to Respawn and then climbed down the ladder to aggro them all towards me. Once surrounded i dropped the frag grenade at my feet and blew us all to kingdom come.

My point - if i didnt have the grenade or a Respawn button what would i have done? I suppose i could have let the Zeds eat me - but is this a viable suicide option, to be eaten alive?

Idea: How about a way to steady your leg with a stick (a new item which is commonly found in forrests) and a bandage. That way you could apply a provisional splint which would let you do slow walking, slow crouching and of course proning (is that a word?)

It would provide players with a new option instead of killing themselves and seems like a logical thing to do. They could then take on the journey to the next hospital

It will be fixed in 1.7.2.4. So for now you can not find any clothing.

Apart from the ghillie suit there is camo clothing.

[edit] damn I'm slow [/edit]

gnihihihi ;D

• Like 1

Man, reading this thread is hard work.

I really like the idea of the Respawn being activated in times of trouble (ie: debug forest or if you have a fracture)

Last night i was wandering around when i spied a deer stand. Being fully armed and geared up (and a bit too confident and cocky) i just rolled in with the idea of headshotting the three or so Zeds. Little did i know that there was a small building nearby that also spawned Zeds. Soon i had 7 screeching terrors racing at me. I took down 5 but the sixth once hit me once and broke my leg. Not having morphine i crawled to the deer stand and decided my fate. I couldnt be bothered to crawl or wait and i would have Respawned if i didnt have a frag grenade on me. I waited for the Zeds to Respawn and then climbed down the ladder to aggro them all towards me. Once surrounded i dropped the frag grenade at my feet and blew us all to kingdom come.

My point - if i didnt have the grenade or a Respawn button what would i have done? I suppose i could have let the Zeds eat me - but is this a viable suicide option, to be eaten alive?

you're supposed to crawl until you find morphine. if that doesn't sound appealing, then yeah, death by zeds is the other option. it's definitely more realistic than a 'suicide button'

Trying my best to ignore the trolls who post hundreds of replies on a forum for a game they don't like... mind boggling.

ANYWAYS. Removing the respawn button adds a level of difficulty to the game., but it also adds a lot of boring running to it. I suppose the some of the appeal of the game is that you must always be on your guard, that said, running through the woods is really boring BUT there are ways to fix this. I had 2 ideas.

Making running through the woods dangerous and fun.

1. Adding big hordes of zombies in non populated areas like the woods would make running around more interesting. It would mean when other players engage these zombies, we could hear them, and go investigate. I feel like I'm only actually playing the game when I'm looting or in high pop areas. Everything in between is running cautiously through the woods and occasionally eating an animal. Also, it would mean there is a point in securing camps. Imagine you're at your camp and you see a horde of 20 zombies slowly creeping towards it. Having defensive barriers (that function) and wiping out the Zs would be fun and challenging. There is no PVE element once you get to a certain point, so we need more challenges and adding Zs would facilitate that need.

Less running?

2. Give players the ability to choose where they spawn on the coast. Not the biggest fan of this idea, but it would prevent people from blowing up the Hive with death and new character spawns + eliminate a lot of unnecessary running around. I get it... technically there is no "unnecessary" running around, but it does get quiet dull. I think I've only encountered other players, the only real threat in the wilderness, 4 or 5 times in my 6+ weeks of playing this game. I play on crowded daytime servers too.

I prefer adding more Zs. I know its not easy, but it would be freakin awesome to run into massive hordes just strolling the woods every once in a while. It would add a whole new challenge. I heard something about dogs as well, that would be amazing. Imagine scoping out Stary from the northern tress and suddenly hearing a big pack of dogs in the distance. Leads to an interesting decision. Fight and make noise, or go into Stary and hide. Your thoughts?

• Like 1

Lets not escalate my comments about the login/logout system... I'm just implementing LOGGING at this stage, it is going to collect data. Nobody will be getting banned right now, so if people could avoid panic right now that would be quite good.

... the answer is so easy... you only need to implant a 10-20 second logout timer. Like so many other games... that is not a new invention and nobody hates you if you copy that feature.

The Player only needs a safe position where he can wait the seconds to quit... If a bandit is coming he continue playing.

;)

and if he is dead he tried to logout at a firestation in Electro :P

Edited by Mephy
  • Like 3

i will live until the day that military zombies will drop weapons/ammo instead of watching servers hoppers take all the good loot :)

perhaps this day could come on the same day the ammo refill relog bug will be fixed. :)

cheers

love dayz

military zombies do drop ammo

... the answer is so easy... you only need to implant a 10-20 second logout timer. Like so many other games... that is not a new invention and nobody hates you if you copy that feature.

The Player only needs a safe position where he can wait the seconds to quit... If a bandit is coming he continue playing.

;)

no kidding its not a new feature. its not a new idea either. its been mentioned 50 times in this thread. its been tried. if you pay attention, you would know its going to be tried again.

I would keep respawn. But make the respawn point change only once a hour or something. So if you first spawns at kamenka you will keep spawning at kamenka for the next hour, no matter how often you dies or pushes the button.

• Like 1

I would keep respawn. But make the respawn point change only once a hour or something. So if you first spawns at kamenka you will keep spawning at kamenka for the next hour, no matter how often you dies or pushes the button.

in theory a good idea but you would have the problem that all the loot gets duplicated with each spawn. At least I think that you leave a dead body behind when you hit the respawn button... or am I wrong?

Alright, here's a question I'm sure hasn't been asked yet. Sometimes when joining a server you can for play for a short amount of time and then you receive a kick message for "Battleye could not update" or something along those lines, I don't recall exactly. How exactly are those going to get logged and will players be punished for it?

Edit: I guess the message is "BattleEye client: Not Responding"

Edited by kyledorf

in theory a good idea but you would have the problem that all the loot gets duplicated with each spawn. At least I think that you leave a dead body behind when you hit the respawn button... or am I wrong?

I guess you are right... Didn't think about this point.

Ive been playing for like a month. I'm a careful player.

One of the 2 times, i've died to another player, i lost connection while bleeding out after bieng shot. My bro was also in game, and running off the same router, and was in that firefight, died too, and lost connection too. it was actually a somewhat suspicious ambush, and wondered at the time wether hacking was involved, but dunno.

Would we both be 'in trouble' from this proposed tracking of disconnect or not? Can it distinguish between alt+f4, and connection loss beyond the end users control?

Troubling, if my experience as a careful player is 50/50 on a desynch beyond my control when i've died, and, a possible ban to boot...

Just interested if this had been thought about/addressed, and thought i'd bring it up, if it is potentially something to investigate or take care of by the dev team, and, I'd like to know as well upfront.

I could see unless the tracker is very intelligent, bieng highly hackable, and turned against the players just doing things the right way, for dickish lulz.

Do i need to be concerned Rocket? I'm just trying to be helpful, and i'm a bit curious too.

Edited by Ving

military zombies do drop ammo

i know that... but maybe if they drop weapons instead of we find it on barracks all the time could be more challenging.

people would have to teamup and go to airport and kill a horde of zombies to get the weapons/ammo. not just reach the barracks and keep hoping servers.

something like that.

edit to add that the drop chance of weapons would be minimal.

anyway the way the game is right now its almost like we are only hunting players hehe :)

Edited by Mumaz

Ive been playing for like a month. I'm a careful player.

One of the 2 times, i've died to another player, i lost connection while bleeding out after bieng shot. My bro was also in game, and running off the same router, and was in that firefight, died too, and lost connection too. it was actually a somewhat suspicious ambush, and wondered at the time wether hacking was involved, but dunno.

Would we both be 'in trouble' from this proposed tracking of disconnect or not? Can it distinguish between alt+f4, and connection loss beyond the end users control?

Troubling, if my experience as a careful player is 50/50 on a desynch beyond my control when i've died, and, a possible ban to boot...

Just interested if this had been thought about/addressed, and thought i'd bring it up, if it is potentially something to investigate or take care of by the dev team, and, I'd like to know as well upfront.

I could see unless the tracker is very intelligent, bieng highly hackable, and turned against the players just doing things the right way, for dickish lulz.

Do i need to be concerned Rocket? I'm just trying to be helpful, and i'm a bit curious too.

You're only the 800th person to ask that... :facepalm:

you're supposed to crawl until you find morphine. if that doesn't sound appealing, then yeah, death by zeds is the other option. it's definitely more realistic than a 'suicide button'

Crawling around for seven hours isnt the sort of thing i am into. I think an option to put a bullet in your head would suffice. Not too keen on the being eaten alive option. I could jump from a tall building i suppose.

What a morbid discussion.

no kidding its not a new feature. its not a new idea either. its been mentioned 50 times in this thread. its been tried. if you pay attention, you would know its going to be tried again.

read my answer, i never said thats a new feature in the game instustry lol...

Then I overread it, that they tried it. I read only the first 10 pages -.- not all 65 pages...

Login is only recorded when your client broadcasts a "success" message to the central server.

Logout is only recorded when you use the "Abort" menu item.

On a server crash - you will have no "logout" so your login will be ignored.

On ALT-F4 - you will receive a "disconnect" entry, affecting your reputation.

On a client crash - you will receive a "disconnect" entry, affecting your reputation (over a period of time). You can use RPT files to ask for a manual review.

So how would it report this:

Right now a continuous problem I'm having goes like this: My game will force minimize, and will not maximize. It is still playing, however I just can't get into it and I'll have to ctrl-alt-del and end processes.

It went away for a while with the latest beta patch, but it started happening again and I'm not sure what is causing it at this point. I won't know for sure if it's actually hardware until I invest in a new rig in september.

Edited by Wired

;)

This, if the game mechanics allow it. Logging all that extra data from so many servers i cant help but think its only going to put unnecessary strain on the database, not to mention if rocket does decide to go on with the plan in his head there are bound to be problems in terms of people getting warned/banned for reasons they had no control off.

And i am pretty sure if these people come to the forums to ask for help they will have the entire community telling them they are lying and should not exploit. So a timer that start ticking down for 10 or 20 seconds the moment you press alt+f4 or disconnect would be a good idea if that can be done. For those that try to kill the game by killing it in their task manager would be nice to keep those asses in the server for a minute at least.

* [NEW] Respawn button is disabled during DayZ play

Oh fuck off... Thats just going to make me force die just to spawn nearer to people i play with..

Thank god for WarZ announcement.

Sign! The new changes sucks a lot and the lots of stupid patches destroy the game! Rocket you fail, sorry...

I disagree with nearly all of these changes. I personally have never logged out to avoid death from a player (not even hackers), but I think people should be allowed to. Men with small penises need to just live with the fact that you can't kill them all. "OH NO HE DC'D I'LL NEVER REACH CLIMAX NOW!" Srsly guys? Games are about playing how you want to play them, that's why they're called "Games" and not "real life". @Rocket, if you agree with voip server infiltration I see no reason for you not to agree with logging out or server hopping. One is a violation of honor, the other is a direct violation of personal privacy. Both are done by assholes looking to piss someone off.

• Like 1

Crawling around for seven hours isnt the sort of thing i am into. I think an option to put a bullet in your head would suffice. Not too keen on the being eaten alive option. I could jump from a tall building i suppose.

What a morbid discussion.

lol. an option to shoot yourself would be cool, but I get the feeling that would cause some controversy

How about having one character per server (with a max number of characters per person - 5 maybe)? This way, it would be possible for people to actually make a save haven of sorts. Like locking out a small part of Cherno from players (and Zeds) - or in any other places in the map for that matter. Completely blocking it off with sandbags and the likes. Although this would ultimately render the emergency medical support fellas kaput.

Body would be there sure.. but seriously we don;t start with anything of real value. I think it is a non-issue. Duplicated bandages and painkillers seriously wouldn't break the game. lol..

• Like 1

How about having one character per server (with a max number of characters per person - 5 maybe)? This way, it would be possible for people to actually make a save haven of sorts. Like locking out a small part of Cherno from players (and Zeds) - or in any other places in the map for that matter. Completely blocking it off with sandbags and the likes. Although this would ultimately render the emergency medical support fellas kaput.

I'm in favor of this, not sure what would be required to implement it though.