rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

In my opinion this looks like a very good patch. I'm looking forward to it.

But I'd really love to hear an oficiall statement from rocket if we will be able to costumize the clothes of our charakters soon. Or if there just will be more clothes added into the mod !?

thank you.

Only master server is down at the moment, you are unable to query server list.

If you have IP from a server, you can connect to it directly somehow..

So, I just read that BI has released a new update for ARMA II. Since the new update is out, does this mean that we are finally done with the Beta test branch of ARMA II code and DayZ will no longer require the Beta updates now that the code seems to be merged with the official release branch?

source:

http://www.arma2.com/latest-news/arma-2-combined-operations-operation-arrowhead-reinforcements-update-162_en.html

Only master server is down at the moment, you are unable to query server list.

Yes, he's right there are in maintenance mode at the moment.

If you have IP from a server, you can connect to it directly somehow..

You klick on remote enter the Server-IP and Port and klick on connect.

well don't accidentally shoot your mate :)

It was a hunting accident!

So, I just read that BI has released a new update for ARMA II. Since the new update is out, does this mean that we are finally done with the Beta test branch of ARMA II code and DayZ will no longer require the Beta updates now that the code seems to be merged with the official release branch?

source:

http://www.arma2.com...ate-162_en.html

interesting

but as long as there's stuff to fix, there may be more beta patches

Any chance on fixing the bug where picking up an m107, as50 or m240 makes you unable to have a backpack?

It would be greatly appreciated

Hey Rocket, here's an idea...

Let's say you decide to implement some manner of group spawning... what about the idea making it so that, if a group decides they want to spawn together, they all start with one bandage each, and absolutely nothing else (not even a backpack)? It seems to me that a major complaint against group spawning is that people feel that it might make things a bit too easy to start off. Thus, doing something like this might just add that extra bit of difficulty to balance it all out.

Anyways... just an idea! ;)

Oh, and if anyone wants to expand on this idea/concept... feel free! :)

Edited by Chameleon

Is it possible to lock the gamma settings via the mod or the server-settings by any chance? Would be nice to be sure that i am not the only one who can't see anything when it's dark.

From the latest beta patch notes:

[93812] Fixed: Restrict gamma value set by profile

[93809] Fixed: Restrict brightness value set by profile

Huzzah!

• Like 1

Hey Rocket, here's an idea...

Let's say you decide to implement some manner of group spawning... what about the idea making it so that, if a group decides they want to spawn together, they all start with one bandage each, and absolutely nothing else (not even a backpack)? It seems to me that a major complaint against group spawning is that people feel that it might make things a bit too easy to start off. Thus, doing something like this might just add that extra bit of difficulty to balance it all out.

Anyways... just an idea! ;)

Oh, and if anyone wants to expand on this idea/concept... feel free! :)

You start with 4 items right? Backpack, painkillers, a bandage and a flashlight (correct me if im wrong)

Rocket could then limited the max group-size for spawning together to 4 people and then have the following options:

1 player - all the loot

2 players - p1 has backpack and flashlight p2 has bandage and painkiller

3 players - p1 has backpack p2 has painkiller and flashlight p3 has a bandage

4 players - everyone has one item

just an idea, you could as well let players start with absolutely nothing or no backpacks to give a slight disadvantage for group spawning

EDIT: sorry, I got carried away a bit here. Is this OK to post here or is it already too off-topic?

To justify my post a more on topic question:

Will the 50% of inferior hearing for zombies be aggregated when there is more then one object between the zombie and the player?

Edited by GoTo2k
  • Like 1

* [NEW] Respawn button is disabled during DayZ play

Oh fuck off... Thats just going to make me force die just to spawn nearer to people i play with..

Thank god for WarZ announcement.

• Like 1

They will leave a trail, once we have the algorithms sorted and can issue warnings/punishment... those who continue to do it will receive database level bans,

Srsly rocket, this is just plain Bullshit. The first time (must be months ago) i read about your idea to track this kind of a buse i already thought, what an extremly stupid idea. And now you really make it true. You can't solve this problem algorithm wise... People can still dc, np. And just join another server afterwards, how will you sort this out from just serverswitching? There are so many possibilities, you can only solve this by tracking so much, that you can actually implement some preventing directly.I can only advise you to completly rethink this whole concept, looks like designed to fail to me.Next thing is, ok, disconnecting to avoid death is not allowed, we can look this up (although i guess many don't even know it).But you talk about server hopping warnings etc. That is nowhere explicitly fobidden, and there are many different possibilities of doing it.How do you sort this out? You just go BANHAMMER TIME?

Edited by JustAnotherRegis
  • Like 1

Oh fuck off... Thats just going to make me force die just to spawn nearer to people i play with..

don't let the door hit you on the way out

• Like 2

It seems that with each new patch, the focus seems to be on player tracking instead of fixing the insanely large amount of bugs within this game. Razor wire graphical glitch? Server stability? No grouping process? Hackers? Whats more important? dealing with someone who jumps servers or a stable game?

Rocket is pushing more and more people towards War Z and The Dead Linger.....

Don't let the door hit you on the way out

Edited by puppetmaster11
  • Like 2

Srsly rocket, this is just plain Bullshit. The first time (must be months ago) i read about your idea to track this kind of a buse i already thought, what an extremly stupid idea. And now you really make it true. You can't solve this problem algorithm wise... People can still dc, np. And just join another server afterwards, how will you sort this out from just serverswitching? There are so many possibilities, you can only solve this by tracking so much, that you can actually implement some preventing directly.I can only advise you to completly rethink this whole concept, looks like designed to fail to me.Next thing is, ok, disconnecting to avoid death is not allowed, we can look this up (although i guess many don't even know it).But you talk about server hopping warnings etc. That is nowhere explicitly fobidden, and there are many different possibilities of doing it.How do you sort this out? You just go BANHAMMER TIME?

hey you should call the police and report the man holding a gun to your head and forcing you to play.

• Like 1

Apparently using the respawn button to many times causes problems for the servers. As the respawn button was exploided to get a better spawning position it has been removed

The respawn problem make problems for the servers? That looks like just bad programmed...

Btw. What does it mean with the Alt F4? The "Hive" (don't like this word) track the logins/logouts and? And are you sure that you don' get a false positive?

I think a lot of users will have trouble with this (fair play users!)

It seems that with each new patch, the focus seems to be on player tracking instead of fixing the insanely large amount of bugs within this game. Razor wire graphical glitch? Server stability? No grouping process? Hackers? Whats more important? dealing with someone who jumps servers or a stable game?

Rocket is pushing more and more people towards War Z and The Dead Linger.....

I for one couldn't give two shits about them fixing most of the things you mentioned in the mod ... sit back enjoy the fun ride that it is and don't post your Warz bullshit trash here ... instead encourage Rocket and his staff for the great job they have done bringing this mod to you and let them get to work on a stand alone version of the game where most of these concerns you have will not exist ...........................

don't let the door hit you on the way out

Give it a rest fan boy. You wouldnt know decent gaming if it hit you in the face.

Give it a rest fan boy. You wouldnt know decent gaming if it hit you in the face.

your finger go through the toilet paper again?
  • Like 1

Being able to press respawn over and over to get what you want is decent gaming?

• Like 1

Hey Rocket,

Keep on trucking, love what you are doing, and seeing the server farmers sweating in their boots is fantastic. Keep working to uphold the core values of the game and we'll keep loving it.

PS. The bug with backpacks eating guns is a consequence of space not being available to transfer both ammo and gun, likely being that the ammo is transfered first. Make space and you will not fall victim to this.

Dean

• Like 2