disorder

Cheat Finder (script parser for admins)

Cheat Finder utility which searches for cheat lines in your Scripts.log/RemoteExec.log*. And possibly others. You can select a scripts.txt** or use the included database.

Please read this and don't skip over anything.

----

- Bug Fixes.

- Added new sorting options.

- Sorting option is now saved with Session.

- Went back to a more efficient database.

----

DOWNLOAD - http://www39.zippysh...79238/file.html

SOURCE (Delphi XE2) - http://www35.zippysh...56841/file.html

Tested on Windows 7 64bit. However the app is 32bit so should be fine on most.

Not sure on non-english languages. Need more testing.

----

Notes:

Please try not to quote the DL link, it may change.

Please also refrain from banning everyone that gets detected outright. This program is for identifying potential issues, which then need to be checked manually before any action is taken.

You also need to follow normal DayZ rules for highlighting and banning cheaters.

Also it's more or less a beta and probably prone to mistakes until it has been perfected.

Finally, >> do not post giant chunks of your logs in the public forum. << They contain personal info, IP's and GUID's of potentially innocent players.

----

Smallprint:

* The file format has to have entries in the following template:

DATE TIME: NAME (IP) ID - #X

**You don't have to select a scripts.txt file if you don't want to, it will automatically use the included .db file. But you still have to select which log file(s) to work on.

Edited by disorder
  • Like 14

version 1 of my Cheat Finder util which searches for cheat lines in your scripts.log, based on entries in your scripts.txt.

A full editor may be included in future versions(meh only 30mins work), for now just use notepad++ and go to the line number manually to analyse found cheats.

* Please be aware it can take some time especially with very large files.

Linky:

http://depositfiles....files/t1guj36q5

i need a good scripts.txt in order to make it work, can you post it too?

i suspect another witch hunt once we get something like the friendly fire thing again.

Edited by Azrail

Nice one! This aught to be very useful. Perhaps we could establish a list of known scripts in this thread also? Would be greatly appreciated.

There should be an example scripts file included, use that if you can't find one.

There should be an example scripts file included, use that if you can't find one.

i can't see any shit TXT in your RAR

Did you check the new download link?

its had 3 updates since I first posted. You might have got the original version.

Either way examplescripts.txt should be there now in all versions.

Edited by disorder

Can someone upload this to somewhere else please..

Every time I try to download, I get asked for my mobile number to have a 24hr trial for gold membership!!

Appreciated!

Thanks

Not work for me. Not showing anything in a window after scan. Tried different log from 100MB to 1Gb. Also got an error window when tried to scan 1.7GB log... failed to load stream or something.

Can someone upload this to somewhere else please..

Every time I try to download, I get asked for my mobile number to have a 24hr trial for gold membership!!

Appreciated!

Thanks

Hmm oh didn't think it was that annoying. will update link but its hard to find a free files server that doesn't make you sign up.

Not work for me. Not showing anything in a window after scan. Tried different log from 100MB to 1Gb. Also got an error window when tried to scan 1.7GB log... failed to load stream or something.

If there are no cheats detected, then nothing will get shown (however an all clear message might be helpful in that situation). Basically if none are detected, then its clean.

Also I've never tested it with a log file that big and I wouldn't recommend putting something that size through the scanner, but I will try and change the reading method to try and handle larger files.

Edited by disorder

If there are no cheats detected, then nothing will get shown (however an all clear message might be helpful in that situation). Basically if none are detected, then its clean.

Then we need a message like "Log is clear" or something.

Edited by Beginner
  • Like 1

this thing does not work for me. I even took out a what was a teleport script and saved it into a new .log file and tried to run it using the latest scripts.txt and nothing came up... what's wrong with this?

I ran it on mine and I didnt see anything

this thing does not work for me. I even took out a what was a teleport script and saved it into a new .log file and tried to run it using the latest scripts.txt and nothing came up... what's wrong with this?

Hmm that is strange. I initially ran it with some lines copied from the example.txt and then pasted into a log I had and it worked fine and found several of the lines I put in there. I'm currently doing a few different improvements so will try and test it before it goes out.

Edited by disorder

Maybe it needs to spit out that it didnt find anything if it doesnt

Is it possible to view logs when you rent a server from a server hoster? If so, do you need BEC installed to view logs? I do not have these script files or ban file in my BE directory. Are there any guidelines on how you do this? I want my server secured, but i need the proper tools. I am a first time server admin

I don't know anything regarding various server setups, but since the output is displayed on the system currently running the program it means you need a terminal or remote connection type access and be allowed to run exes in your serverspace/sandbox,whatever you have.

However adding commandline parameters and a text output of the results is definitely something worth adding if its going to be used remotely. You can then run it and it spits out a text file for you to download.

will put that on todo list for tomorrow.

Is it possible to view logs when you rent a server from a server hoster? If so, do you need BEC installed to view logs? I do not have these script files or ban file in my BE directory. Are there any guidelines on how you do this? I want my server secured, but i need the proper tools. I am a first time server admin

If you dont have a actual interface you can find the logfiles in your cfgdayz folder.

Cant find any folder named cfgdayz on my computer. I am a first time admin, have never done this before.

The server i am renting where ready to go when i rented it. I have a controll panel trough their website where i can change things like server name, difficulty, auto-restarts etc. I have Rcon installed and connected to the server. There are no logs in the server controll panel from their website.

I get the 'failed to load stream' error all the time. Tried it on windows32 and 64 machine; same result.