disorder

Cheat Finder (script parser for admins)

Oh ! I didn't know people were still interested. Maybe I thought the new one would take over in every aspect.

I'm sorry but I don't normally do source code but I can continue to develop it.

setVehicleInit - which you quite rightly flag, can be used to spawn vehicles - can be in the log files legitimately.

For the DB I am using, it came from a post in this forum and can be edited as it is just text. I don't know what the full extent of what is allowed under normal operation, so I just left everything in there for people to tweak as they saw fit. I will take another look at some example logs and see what I can do. I could also do with some short examples of logs with known hackers/cheaters "work" in it.

Search for keywords like Thunderdome etc

Technically the program is already a search engine, you can edit the scripts.db file and add in the Text Thunderdome if you wish. It will highlight it in future scans.

Edited by disorder
  • Like 1

Nice!!!

Is there anyway to tie in in with other server files so the player name and guid is displayed?

My requests would be (if you're going to keep the code secret ;)):

• Double click the number to see the relevant line in a pop-up.
  • Include check-boxes alongside each of the detected lines so they can be selected
  • A button to gather up all the selected items and put them into a format where they can be copied into the bans file

I'm a C# person but if I can help I will. I'm glad you're not going to abandon it. I started writing one yesterday when I thought you weren't coming back!

To OP:

Could you also get it to scan the servers console log, and check against players with no entries in scripts.log?

People using BE Bypass will not show in scripts.log so you'll be missing a large cross section of hackers.

• Like 1

To OP:

Could you also get it to scan the servers console log, and check against players with no entries in scripts.log?

People using BE Bypass will not show in scripts.log so you'll be missing a large cross section of hackers.

QFE.

And indeed, please continue support with this tool. I already found a script kid, who spawned an ATV on Skalisty Island (lol douchebag) using this tool.

Edited by TolaGarf

Ooh another, just reminded me as I'm using it now :), any chance of putting the name of the log file in a string at the top when you click begin or log? I do several log files from different server and that would be really useful as a reminder when I compiling my ban list.

Oh phew, one at a time lol.

Is there anyway to tie in in with other server files so the player name and guid is displayed?

I have to read examples of those files and then research what kind of things go into them and what I can look out for. Basically I need copies of the files you need to parse. Zip them and upload to a sharing site and then link me.

My requests would be (if you're going to keep the code secret ;)):

• Double click the number to see the relevant line in a pop-up.
  • Include check-boxes alongside each of the detected lines so they can be selected
  • A button to gather up all the selected items and put them into a format where they can be copied into the bans file

I'm a C# person but if I can help I will. I'm glad you're not going to abandon it. I started writing one yesterday when I thought you weren't coming back!

1) There was going to be a full editor to highlight the lines as you click on each one in the TreeView, but I couldn't get it right. I'll take another look to see If I can do something like this.

2&3) If you want to check which user is doing a certain thing then I will need more understanding of the log file to see which bits can be identified.

However there are new command line options, including 'output results to file' coming in the next version. I will see if I can add in more detailed reports, username and IP and such.

To OP:

I would need examples of those logs to compare.

QFE.

And indeed, please continue support with this tool. I already found a script kid, who spawned an ATV on Skalisty Island (lol douchebag) using this tool.

Glad it works:)

Ooh another, just reminded me as I'm using it now, any chance of putting the name of the log file in a string at the top when you click begin or log? I do several log files from different server and that would be really useful as a reminder when I compiling my ban list.

Oh just to see which one is currently open? Sure np. If people are using it for a lot of different files, maybe I could change the design to allow you to open multiple files and search them all at once?

Please remember, I am also learning about servers and logs simultaneously and I had no prior knowledge, so some things might take a while to develop.

Edited by disorder
  • Like 2

1) There was going to be a full editor to highlight the lines as you click on each one in the TreeView, but I couldn't get it right. I'll take another look to see If I can do something like this.

I have a TreeView with checkboxes working if you want the form code? I'm only testing one string at the moment, but this is easily extended.

I have a TreeView with checkboxes working if you want the form code? I'm only testing one string at the moment, but this is easily extended.

Actually I lie, it's a ListView, but even after I'd done that I wish I'd used a GridView instead.

I'm doing some cool stuff, so hold tight. Here are a few things to look forward to:

* New friendly GUI with more of a wizard/antivirus scanner feel.

* Multiple log checking.

* Command Line options.

* Save your current work as sessions and then re open them later.

* Output results to file.

* Detailed Reports.

Will update the main post when its done, hopefully it will be later this evening.

• Like 2

Although (I wish we had a private server admins forums to discuss these things!) the above is used alongside a check that is already in the scripts database - but you may want to add it just to be sure.

I could add those things to the db for next version.

Can someone send me a copy of their server.rpt file, but not too big maybe around 10-15MB ZIPPED.

Someone asked if my program read other file types and I wouldn't mind adding the ability, but I need examples of them. Especially the 'console log' whatever that is.

I also need to make a DayZ Whitelist, which contains things from my database that are flagged, but are allowed under normal operation (False positives)

Edited by disorder

Thanks for your work on this tool. I've sent you some sample logs from my servers!

Ive now removed the other cheat software and forum searched to come back and reverted to this....i find this better and easier to use.

Agreed. Waiting for new release by disorder.

This is so close to being the perfect tool.....just need to display who actually is running scripts and there guid.

This is so close to being the perfect tool.....just need to display who actually is running scripts and there guid.

I need to examine the log more to see if I can detect it. It's all very easy detecting a number like 5 or a letter A(or in the case of the program, looking through a list of predefined words), but how do I detect something unless I knew it before hand ? If GUID's we're all the same length, then perhaps I can search for X length entries, but I am not sure if they are.

I still need a few more examples of people cheating in logs, just zip them and if they are 15mb or less then send (add to zippy share or something)

Also as a further note, I am dumping the treeview 'results' page in the next update and replacing it with HTML.

Edited by disorder

hi great tool, however i have a few issues (probably doing it wrong!), after scan it shows alot of "Loki" , when i search the line they all seem to correspond with direct chat, there are a few others aswell i could mention but thought id start here first,

thanks

As I mentioned in previous posts, I got that list from this forum and I have no idea if they are cheats/hacks or even if some are just user names.

Again, I have no idea on validity of entries in the db, it was copied from someone elses scripts.txt.

Edited by disorder