rocket

Build 1.5.8.2 Hotfix

EDIT2: also I can use bandage etc even when I dont need it.

Right click does nothing for me lost a 2 day character due to it after this and have already rolled back until it is changed or alter to some a reliable degree' date=' why was it changed to begin with? not broken do not fix it.

[/quote']

According to rocket, it was broken - it was causing a fairly big performance drain, due to the previous system checking what actions you could do every second. Now it only checks when you go into your inventory to use things.

ah yes that's right my mistake

No worries! :P

EDIT2: also I can use bandage etc even when I dont need it.

According to rocket' date=' it was broken - it was causing a fairly big performance drain, due to the previous system checking what actions you could do every second. Now it only checks when you go into your inventory to use things.

[/quote']

'll trade small hit on performance for a way to bandage myself so I do not die of bleeding any day. And that is what I have done by rolling back. Presented my issue if its fixed so be it but nothing was wrong for me or anyone else I know with older system fix it or revert it.

Rocket first of all fantastic work on this mod, its an experience like no other. Absolutely love it. I registered not just for thanks of course as complaining is our nature but the change in context menu concerning food/water/fire/bandage etc is really REALLY clunky. Arma;s gear menu is slow at the best of times for me. I cannot speak for how you control your data, but please rethink this change, bandaging with zombies near is a split second decision that really needs to be 1 click away. Also it constantly takes me out of immersion having to eat and drink from pack.

Keep up the great work and please reconsidder this. I'll take performance for this interface change gladly as a tradeoff.

I still have version 1.5.7' date=' if I download 1.5.8.2 will it also add the 1.5.8?

[/quote']

All the patches are cumulative, so yea, it should do.

HOTFIX : 21 MAY 2012

Affected addons:

* dayz_code 1.5.8.2

Changelog:

* [FIXED] Loosing temperature way too fast

* [FIXED] Not enough wood available for spawn

* [FIXED] Matches way too rare

* [FIXED] Reduced impact of infection (coughing amount and blood loss' date=' will only loose 2000 blood)

[/quote']

not enough wood?!?

We can get infected?!?!

WE GET COLD?!?!

Sorry im a total noob...

Meh, I like the new inventory system and if it speeds up the code then sweet.

Bandaging in a split second isn't realistic. Why were bandages even included as pistol slot gear in the first place? Now I wouldn't complain if you didn't bleed out quite as quick...

So I'm trying to figure this out because I don't know if its the beta patch for Arma itself or if its DayZ changes' date=' but Zeds aggro way too easy now. I was 3 floors up in a pitch black building and a zed aggroed on me from out doors? If it is a change please make it go back. It's ridiculous and nigh impossible to go anywhere

[/quote']

I have to agree, a friend and myself were stuck in a town in a building, we aggroed one Zed, got inside as much as possible and shot it. After which a ton of Zed, more than we even saw in the whole town, aggroed on us and we just kept killing and killing until we almost ran out of ammo. We had around 75 Zed dead before we just decided to make a run for it to the trees and killed the remaining three that were on us. I know that Zed's will investigate other dead Zed's but wow, they kept coming!

Meh' date=' I like the new inventory system and if it speeds up the code then sweet.

Bandaging in a split second isn't realistic. Why were bandages even included as pistol slot gear in the first place? Now I wouldn't complain if you didn't bleed out quite as quick...

[/quote']

Bandages take up very little space if you want to talk realism, pistol slots were perfectly fine as when you have a primary you don't need 8 mags for a pistol

You can't talk about something being realistic then complain about bleeding out too fast.

If you get shot up or people are wailing on you tearing wounds into your body, you start bleeding.

People can feel faint and start passing out from a fleshwound, and losing 2 litres of blood (or even 1) is enough to make anyone weak, let alone nearly all the blood in their body.

What does the 12000 blood value even represent? It can't be litres of blood that's for sure considering there is only around 6 litres

I am stuck inside a barn with the temp value climbing ever so slowly, maybe two points in maybe fifteen minutes. Getting hungry and thirsty. Will this be the death of me?

I am usually not someone to write in forums. I usually just read for hours upon hours silently. HOWEVER,

This mod is epic. Thank you for the community involvement and keeping us informed on what you are doing and fixing. nothing is more frustrating than not hearing from the devs.

DOING GREAT! KEEP IT UP!

Jo Lee

i noticed when in OHIO 1 server i could not pick up any wood pile i saw, weather was night and clear. it was fine on US 2 server though

Had a pretty good run through the map tonight. (1.5.8.2)

* I had no problem interacting with the gear.

* I was able to weave in and out of infected areas and even within 10 meters sometimes without aggravating them. It just takes timing and patience.

* I did place a fire and let it consume one set of logs but when I attempted to pick my fireplace up, there was no option to do so. Do we lose the fireplace or do we now just need firewood and matches to build fires from this point forward? Once I built the fire, I received an option to rearm at the fireplace for a brief moment but then it disappeared. My survival buddy spotted the same rearm option.

* The temperature/cough feature is certainly an immersion builder.

* The collecting wood for the fire pit is a great immersion builder as well. My only suggestion would be to allow wood collecting from certain object classes such as stumps, fallen trees or ricks of wood you find near homes.

* I would still like to see more animals added to the spawn count though.

Fantastic efforts Dayz team.

Great improvements so far.

Oh yes, I should mention as well, that this has been the best that has been happening in gaming in a while! As an on-going experiment it has already been a resounding success, with some slight tweaking to be expected. I like the design philosophy and have no complaints about that.

The only things that take away from the experience are ArmA2 engine limitations and clumsiness, and zombies that never ever give up if you attract a horde in the wilderness. Ever tried to escape into a deer stand with zombies breathing at your neck? Can't be done without injuries. Oh, and the new temp system still needs some slight tuning, can't imagine one could survive a night realistically. Also having to spend hours inside every gaming session... well, I'm sure it will be sorted out in time.

What does the 12000 blood value even represent? It can't be litres of blood that's for sure considering there is only around 6 litres

The human body holds 10 - 12 pints of blood right? Could be that.

Affected addons:

* dayz_code 1.5.8.2

Changelog:

* [FIXED] Reduced impact of infection (coughing amount and blood loss' date=' will only loose 2000 blood)

[/quote']

A patch and a FIX.....you're not a man MR ROCKET!!!

you are a freakking cyborg!!! Nicely done!!

But im working atm.....DAMN!!!

Affected addons:

* dayz_code 1.5.8.2

Changelog:

[/quote']

After a big hunting game tonight, i can confirm a lighter system and a better one. Zeds are still lagging a lot (a little minor than 1.5.7), and they also do less sound. The new gear system is not so bad, it's a right mode to avoid the super rapid bandaging.

Finally, ladders doesn't kill! I also saw a better loot respawn, faster and full of many different things.

Hope this will help,

Thanks Rocket.

Dino

Excited about the update and the changes seem interesting. I was definitely like "why the hell can't I eat or drink...SHIT!" before I figured it out. "Hey there's woodpiles sitting around now?!" I had some weird glitches earlier though, I don't know if it was lag or what exaclty. I had 3 1911 mags but I started shooting at a group of Zeds chasing me and something glitched and I had no ammo, I never reloaded or anything, never had the chance. I had literally just pulled the 3 clips out of my bag and placed them into the the secondary weapon slots, saw them there and everything right before the action went down but they disappeared somehow. I survived but my friend got eaten lol. He was mad at me because I told him "once we hit this hill and we hit the incline I'm going to spin around and get them off us" I took out 3 zeds with the first clip, went to reload and there was nothing. Before I knew it he was getting chewed on and I had to take off with 0 ammo.

played 5 hrs on patch 1582 tonight. Was daytime the entire time so havn't experienced night yet but honestly at night i'm more likely to be holded up sleeping until i find NVG.

Heat wasn't an issue but we were moving nearly the the whole time with sunup. I started dropping slowly at one point lying down for a bit waiting on friends to hunt, then we lit a fire and hit right back to normal body temp. Good stuff. It didn't rain on us but i get the impression it's pretty perfectly set for daytime normal weather. I look foward to dealing with rain and seeking shelter and fire to deal with any heat increases sometime.

Suggest making wood take only 1 inventory slot..it dosn't really last very long and it's not a bonfire so these arent really big logs...just some sticks....pretty punishing taking up 4 spaces for 2 wood which seems like a good survival amount to carry. Then again, maybe i should just carry one since your spawn rates on wood seem good now. It's not everywhere but it's available if you go looking.

The only real very unrealistic thing that really bugged my group of 4 for the 5 hrs was the time from eating or drinking to blinking red hunger or hydration. It seems, if movin around a lot, that you have to consume a full canteen and a full can of food or large cooked steak every 1hour approximately to 1hr 20 minutes. This sucked having to deal with c onsuming nearly 16 food and 16 water for a 5 hour play session. Very difficult to find enough even as a small group of 4.

The Food issue can be dealt with via hunting, but it seems like we have to go hunting an awful lot to keep 4 people alive....just how many cows do 4 people consume in 1 day!? The water is much tougher with the risk of losing backpacks trying to refil in ponds nearly ruling them out completely (if you leave it on shore it sometimes despawns on you and if you take it with you it can end up on the bottom of the pond and unretrievable). Having a very difficul time finding spots to refil water in some very large areas of the map.

anyhow.

Everything seems like it's going pretty wonderful post this patch with the only three issues being:

1. Superfast zeds being near impossible to shoot tll they're in your face.

2: There's x zeds around a place and you decide to take them out...but your first couple shots suddenly spawn 20 more zeds???? Doesn't seem to happen everywhere but major issue in some places.

3: Food and Water level going down very unrealistically fast. Can see having to eat up to 5 times during a 12 hour day MAX considering we're consuming an entire canteen and or beef steak/can of beens. Having to eat 10 times in 9 to 10 times in a 12 to 13 hr day = nuts.

Positives: temp system, so far, seems a winner addition post 1582 patch but will wait to see whether it's near killed me when i log in tomorrow night or still at 100 where i logged off before i lose the last of my skepticism.

Also, a bug i've seen lately: i know you're changing the whole "bandit" thing but 3 times i've murdered someone and logged out around an hour later for the night...next night i log in and i'm no longer a bandit and have more humanity than i've ever had before every time. That's really a 157 patch bug report...but i wasn't posting here yet then and figured i'dthrow it in for good measure since i see bandit skins are still in the game after i clobbered someone tonight.

edit: oh yea, new gear interaction system: MAJOR improvement and kudos for that from this non hardcore army mouse wheel abuser....i love the new gear interaction system and fewer things relegated to mouse wheel (just for world interaction and weapon switching now). Can't tell ya how relieved i am not to have to mouse wheel hunt for bandages and accidently hit something like food or water when that was the last thing i needed at the moment.

Do people just use the dayz updater for new patchs or do they install them manually?

2: There's x zeds around a place and you decide to take them out...but your first couple shots suddenly spawn 20 more zeds???? Doesn't seem to happen everywhere but major issue in some places.

This, my friend was in Mogilevka and had cleared out all zombies in there and was complaining about shit ton of zombies constantly spawning near him. I went to save him and what do you know, we went inside the barn at outskirts of the town and i saw one (1) zombie near us and decided to shoot it. Instantly like 30 zombies spawned 20m around us and my friend got eaten alive instantly, i made it out with little blood to spare and there was no stop to the stream of zombies... This of course was in 1.5.7