rocket

Build 1.5.8.2 Hotfix

You can refill from the waters edge' date=' if you walk into the water slightly, about 1 foot into it you should be given the option to refill.

[/quote']

I have never been able to fill water in a pond without going deep enough to start swimming, ever. Once it let me do it at about waist deep in the ocean.

I've tried everything, ducking, different angles, moving the mouse around, to no avail.

Very strange, I know it works for me as I've filled up twice using the same method I described above, two different ponds too.

matchs are fine, found 3 pack today in grand hotel, random farm and random house. also plenty of wood. problem is the ground of the church fucked 3 stacks of wood before making a fireplace, now i'm freezing again and that extra wood would save my ass !

You can refill from the waters edge' date=' if you walk into the water slightly, about 1 foot into it you should be given the option to refill.

[/quote']

I have never been able to fill water in a pond without going deep enough to start swimming, ever. Once it let me do it at about waist deep in the ocean.

I've tried everything, ducking, different angles, moving the mouse around, to no avail.

I think you can't refill water from the sea anymore. I've only tried at a lake for the moment, worked great for me.

matchs are fine' date=' found 3 pack today in grand hotel, random farm and random house. also plenty of wood. problem is the ground of the church fucked 3 stacks of wood before making a fireplace, now i'm freezing again and that extra wood would save my ass !

[/quote']

Yep I actually tried making fires in different places for the sake of alpha testing. You should'nt lose your wood because you tried to make a fire on the roof of a building or in a barn where the floor is too high, there should be some kind of collision script so the fire is made on the floor and not under it. I'm sure it's not that hard to code, problem is there's a lot of little bugs like that, and more to come with every new feature :)

Thanks for the tips re: ponds.

The outhouse thing remains frustrating. I have tried the gear menu from a variety of angles and never once got anything to show up on the left hand side.

I know you can't fill in the ocean anymore. I was just saying that was the only time since I started playing DayZ that I was able to fill the water up without having to be in the swim animation.

Backpack bug/Issue?

I dropped my backpack' date=' to take the czech backpack lying there, but i could´nt take and I couldnt take my dropped backpack :(. Whats wrong?

[/quote']

I second this... I've lost my backpack and all its gear twice trying to pick up a new pack. Seems like the problem is when you drop your pack first before trying to pick up another one. I have confirmed this bug, twice. :P

Make sure the backpack you are trying to pickup is EMPTY. Only then you have TAKE BACKPACK option. Maybe that's the case.

Hmm... I don't think so. After you drop the pack you can't even see it in the gear window. You no longer have the option to open pack or pick up the pack... You can see it on the ground but you no longer have any options. It acts as if there was no pack there in the first place.

I haven't had trouble with packs previously. Can anyone else confirm there's an issue here :huh:

Yeah, same problem here, along with about 8-10 fps. Coped with the terrible FPS long enough to get into Chern, found an Alice laying around, tried everything under the sun to pick it up - no go.

And, unfortunately, I can't just restart Arma to fix my FPS issues like others can. My game is staying at this low FPS no matter what, so I'm not going to be playing 'til that gets fixed, unless someone knows of another way to fix it.

I think the best thing they need to do is remove the backpack completely from the game and just give us exta slots in the inventory screen

Its broken and serves no purpose other than being annoying to be honest.

^ lol what? so Rocket should have just removed the food system... and bandages... and temp when 1.5.8 broke them?

Things can be fixed, you know?

I'm getting really bad FPS after this update, any thing I could do? Sorry if this has been answered, I don't really know how to search through threads like on other forums.

Ponds working OK for me' date=' filled up twice by the edge of the water and both times were fine.

[/quote']

Same here, just waded in half a foot and filled my canteens from my inventory, worked fine.

Well, I'm a new player, and my computer isn't all that great, but I was still able to run the mod, if only on low settings. After this new update, however, my framerate has dropped to 5-10 fps max, sometimes just freezing for seconds. I can't really reduce my draw distance, because it's already as low as I can make it, and I've tried reducing the few 'normal' options that I have left, to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it related to the new patch? Will I be able to play? I've grossed a grand total of maybe 15 mins ingame, and five of that has been downright unplayable.

Well' date=' I'm a new player, and my computer isn't all that great, but I was still able to run the mod, if only on low settings. After this new update, however, my framerate has dropped to 5-10 fps max, sometimes just freezing for seconds. I can't really reduce my draw distance, because it's already as low as I can make it, and I've tried reducing the few 'normal' options that I have left, to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it related to the new patch? Will I be able to play? I've grossed a grand total of maybe 15 mins ingame, and five of that has been downright unplayable.

[/quote']

not just you, i was running 40-70 fps and now some servers are down to 5-20 fps

Actually, after restarting the game and loading into another server, my framerate was back up... Unfortunately, after running into another player, exchanging pleasantries, and passing on our respective ways... I climbed up a crane in Elektrozavodsk, looked around at a flare nearby, heard gunshots, saw zombies running, moved, and promptly fell to my death. Great success~!

Temp falling fast was very annoying :( good thing rocket is ontop of everything though. Day Z is the best mod ever!!

I tell what worked for me (for now:dodgy:)

Set your visibility to 500m - 600m

Restart the game

Have fun with good performance again.

:cool:

Viewdistance is set server side. And in general you don't have to restart the game after you change viewdistance.

Restart the game

Viewdistance is set server side. And in general you don't have to restart the game after you change viewdistance.

I think it is a server setting, and has to be enabled.

I asked one of the server admins when He was on, and he said he didn't have it turned on since the patch.

Hence why people were complaining that they had horrible lag with their view distance set to 10000

Restart the game

I think it is a server setting' date=' and has to be enabled.

I asked one of the server admins when He was on, and he said he didn't have it turned on since the patch.

Hence why people were complaining that they had horrible lag with their view distance set to 10000

[/quote']

I think many of the new players dont know how demanding this engine is on high levels, I have arond 1000 meters view distance and you dont need more.

A little feedback, if this is the place to leave it? Just my opinions.

Scroll-wheel options were good. Please bring them back (at least for bandage).

Some servers have FPS problems.

Temp is good, but depletes a bit quick.

Zeds are respawing infront of my eyes :/

Great work overall. Keep it up.

I'm suffering this also, for me it seems to be affected by the number of players on the server - my performance is more or less the same as it's always been when there's less than 10 players but any more than that and my fps starts to plummet with it becoming unplayable at more than 15. I've been getting by with hopping around the more empty servers but with the mod as popular as it is they don't stay that way for long.

I seem to be having a bug is where the wood I collect is not stay in my inv when I disconnect.

Is anyone else having that problem.

If that can help Rocket to fix the problem if there is one : When i looked with my binos to a medic camp in Chernohosk i went from 50 FPS to 5 FPS. This problem didn't happend when looking elsewhere.

Good luck everyone.

Given the amount of posts on this issue, I expected to start using the patch last night and have nothing but problems.

Now... I did experience points where fps did majorly bomb out, but during 2hrs it only happened twice and very briefly. Just a few seconds each time.

The server was 50/50 at the time.

Other than that, no issues at all... in fact (might just be coincidence) I can now connect to servers a hell of a lot easier since the patch and on the occasions when "waiting for server response" appears, I haven't had to wait longer than a minute.

If that can help Rocket to fix the problem if there is one : When i looked with my binos to a medic camp in Chernohosk i went from 50 FPS to 5 FPS. This problem didn't happend when looking elsewhere.

Good luck everyone.

that's happened to me plenty times before the patch... I've found using binos in certain areas seriously drops the fps