Sign in to follow this  
ericdude88

Just got killed by a fuckin tree...

So I was just waiting for a friend to meet up with me at Balota... I try to craw into a tree for visual cover so that other players won't see me...then crack I'm dead. WTF? I heard no gunshots, and I was in a discreet location, having been there and scanned the area for over 15 minutes, with all my gear i had collected...then just insta-gibbed by a GODDAMN TREE..............................

Rocket, why hasn't this retarded glitch been fixed yet? This is utterly disappointed, and just ruined my day... Oh well I'm gonna stay away from the game for awhile now... I mean i'm totally fine if I lose all my stuff to a legit kill, but a tree...Just no. just no...

So I was just waiting for a friend to meet up with me at Balota... I try to craw into a tree for visual cover so that other players won't see me...then crack I'm dead. WTF? I heard no gunshots, and I was in a discreet location, having been there and scanned the area for over 15 minutes, with all my gear i had collected...then just insta-gibbed by a GODDAMN TREE..............................

Rocket, why hasn't this retarded glitch been fixed yet? This is utterly disappointed, and just ruined my day... Oh well I'm gonna stay away from the game for awhile now... I mean i'm totally fine if I lose all my stuff to a legit kill, but a tree...Just no. just no...

Tree 1 Angry kid 0

• Like 10

Haven't got killed by a tree myself. But I've lost count how many doors have taken my life.

• Like 2

Tree kills aren't legit?

I beg to differ.

That tree owned you.

(I got killed by rubble the same way, once).

• Like 1

Hey, trees are perfectly fine at insta-gibbing, even moreso than actual people given the right situation.

I think you owe the trees an apology. :o

Perhaps you could see this as a learning experience not to trust trees. Also, don't complain about your death, whether legit or by death. We all die at some point eventually, so there's no use getting mad about it.

This is the only game/mod that actually makes death enjoyable, because I can see it 2 ways: funny, or an experience.

Lol , happened to me too.

Plus, my body disappeared, so I can't take my stuff back.

It was like the only PvE death since I understood the go-into-2-doors-building-to-lose-zeds mechanic

Tree 1 Angry kid 0

You are so clever. I bet you get all the girls at the parties with your massive e-peen.

broke my legs and lost about 10k blood when I tried to lay down in an outhouse while the door was closed. That was fun.

It was probably just a pissed of tree ent and not a glitch.

So wait a tree was fucking something and killed you in the act? How horrible!

to the point, DayZ is in alpha and engine problems are the responsibility of Bohemia, not rocket.

I had a tent under a pine tree kill me yesterday.

Body was gone by the time I got back to it... sad face.

NVG's, ghillie, rangefinder, etc. etc. et cetera.

It happens.

I got killed by a wall once. Another time I died because I sunk into a rock. I also almost died due to a frozen boar.

The environment is more dangerous for me then the Zeds.#

Entity collision in the arma2 engine really sucks bad.

Edited by Atanar

You are so clever. I bet you get all the girls at the parties with your massive e-peen.

Not all of them, but most of them. I don't go for girls with girlfriends :)

Thanks for coming to share your story though! :)

Edited by Dez.

-_-. why is it that most people on the DayZ community just come here to grief and troll..

This forum is full of lowlifes.

Edited by ericdude88

I've impaled myself on a tree before, because of de-sync. and this was literally a day after I laughed at my friend for doing the same thing. I was frustrated, but a good gamer will get up, and try try again!

Still could've been a silenced weapon, or a sniper at a long distance. (Yes, it's possible to not hear a shot from a sniper.)

And so what if you checked the area for 15 minutes? You can't see every spot all the time. Turning your back for 2 seconds is enough for someone to run there.

you tried to crawl.. "INTO A TREE" ?

So let me get this right.

You tried to hide inside a tree, basicly trying to use a glitch exploit..

And then you bitch about rocket not fixing said glitch exploit... you tried to use, because it killed you?

Sounds like Rocket did make a fix on the glitch.

IF YOU TRY TO EXPLOIT A GLITCH.... YOU DIE!

(so you bloody well should)

Sounds like a pretty good fix to me.

Stop cheating and play legit.

Also..

If you were trying to crawl inside me, Id fucking kill you too.

Edited by moofactory

Still could've been a silenced weapon, or a sniper at a long distance. (Yes, it's possible to not hear a shot from a sniper.)

And so what if you checked the area for 15 minutes? You can't see every spot all the time. Turning your back for 2 seconds is enough for someone to run there.

I know it's not that. It always happens when you crawl into a tree trunk. That's what I did and I died. PS I only found out that it happens when you crawl into tree trunks after I died, googled my thread name and watched some videos..

you tried to crawl.. "INTO A TREE" ?

So let me get this strait.

You tried to hide inside a tree, basicly trying to use a glitch exploit..

And then you bitch about rocket not fixing said glitch exploit... you tried to use, because it killed you?

Sounds like Rocket did make a fix on the glitch....

IF YOU TRY TO EXPLOIT A GLITCH.... YOU DIE!

Sounds like a pretty good fix to me.

Stop cheating.

Wow you're retarded. I was never trying to crawl "into" a tree. I was trying to take cover under tree leaves but my head happened to make slight contact with the trunk, which insta killed me.

Which mental hospital did you come from?

I try to craw into a tree for visual cover so that other players won't see me...then crack I'm dead.

Say what you mean and people wont think you're retarded.

Edited by moofactory

Happened to me, ran back 12 kilometers for my body, yay got my m16 + alice back ":D"