rocket

Build 1.5.8 rolling update

Complete bs' date=' nearly everyone in that thread has either an amd proccesor and/or amd gpu. The ones that dont have either sli or a dual gpu like the 590 gtx or 690 gtx. So I guess that dual gpu's are just as bad for arma as sli and crossfire is.[/quote']

What you say is possible, as I do have a dual GPU 690 GTX.

As I said before, I don't mean to be a self-entitled asshole with an expensive videocard, but I had no problems with 1.5.7 and never had any problems with the rest of Arma 2 / OA. It's only logical to conclude that 1.5.8 introduced a problem for a sizeable group of players.

In any case, I realise that it's an alpha and I'm not complaining, only reporting.

I'll try running 1.5.8 with one of the GPUs disabled when I get home and report back.

Ah I have expierenced that with my old rig before OA was released bat, I always solved it by turning my texture detail up, and then down to my old setting.

More info on the fps lag issue would be GREATLY appreciated' date=' particularly:

- Video Card manufacturer of those experiencing it

- Locations/Servers experiencing it

- How long into the game does it happen (immediately, after x mins, etc...)

- How often it happens (always, sometimes, constantly, etc...)

[/quote']

1.Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x68B8)

2. Dallas 1 and a couple others I left immediately. Seemingly random locations.

3.It's pretty immediate when loading in. Even the bottom right corner feels a little slower 'typing out' the map name and location. It seems to last indefinitely.

4.It might possibly be restricted to server weather like one person seem to suggest rather then location.

Thus not all north American servers not sharing the issue for me.

I haven't had it happen often enough, nor stuck around long enough to identify the possible source of the condition either. =/

Hope this helps! =3

not sure who here is using sixth updater but it seems everytime i start that it is updating that app 1024mb everytime.. might be related in some way with launching dayz?

Ati radeon hd 6870 1gb

Russian server, do not remember specific.

Happened after login into this server after disconnecting from another, was there from the moment i started playing.

Once. but i read about it here and knew it for what it was, started in big city and tried going to forest, no difference. There was no rain. it was morning.

i Have the Same Problems but from the beginnin Arma CO Newest Patch installed

I Only can run the game Between 20-55 on Mid settings

Specs: Amd X6 1090 T

Amd 7970 3G

16Gig Ram

Im Pretty Sure something is Wrong :D

When and where it happens seems completely random. Sometimes it's completely unplayable (1-5 fps) and sometimes you can play but can't really aim in close quarters (15ish fps?). Restarting ArmA 2 will often change how FPS laggy it is. Even if you join the same server. Ati radeon 6800 series.

E8400

560 GTX Ti

4 gigs of ram

Was doing 50+ frames with FXAA before the patch. Now down to as low as 15 fps on the beach (!!!).

More info on the fps lag issue would be GREATLY appreciated' date=' particularly:

[/quote']

Since the patch...

-AMD HIS 6950 / AMD hexcore

-I tried several US servers (mainly dallas and tx). Can't remember which ones.

-Sometimes immediately, sometimes after first respawn, and other times it will slowly degrade the fps as I play.

-All day yesterday, randomly. Sometimes Constantly for several hours. Other times it would be good for an hour or so.

Edit: As a note, I'm playing on all normal settings, no v-sync etc. And prior to this patch, I could play the game on close to max settings with high FPS. I changed it to normal settings (in advanced) to see if this would help the fps but it doesn't! It goes as low as 6fps at beach!

Edit2: Also! Sometimes closing ARMA and rebooting the game fixes it, but other times my initial load in will be terrible as well.

The major fps issue just occured for me. First time so far.

Nvidia 560Ti

Server was Norway 1

It happened today; I respawned in the server after last nights action. The fps was all nice as before, until I respawned at the beach after major bloodloss. From then on it was 5fps. I checked my gpu observer logs, and it showed the gpu working at 10% after the respawn, while before the respawn it was normally at 80%+. It seems the cpu becomes forced to do all the work.

[/quote']

- Twintech Nvidia GTX 560 Ti.

- Tried several servers FR / DE / EU, the FPS issue was on all of them.

- I'm getting the issue as soon as i spawn in-game.

- It happens constantly for me but i read a post in forum, someone said to update the BattleEye dll and it seems like it worked well, but i've tested only one server at the moment and i can't be sure it won't happen again in the future.

[/quote']

- ASUS GTX550Ti 1GB

- Any server that has been up a while.

- If the server has been up a while, it can be instant upon joining, otherwise it can happen over time.

- Happens sometimes.

[/quote']

happens to almost everyone on the server when it has been online for too long. Only server restart helps. item despawning (zombies too?) doesnt work like it used to. now when I throw something out of my inventory it stays in the world very long time even when there are no one around. Server restart helped and everyone confirmed in the chat.

edit: might be that ppl with very good connections or computers dont see the difference.

- AMD Radeon HD 6900

- all so far (but thats not many)

- from the moment Im in

- hard to say for me

Problem is (and always was) that I need at least 30min to make it past serverfull>server not full but receiving data>received but waiting for response>Oh, Im a bird/Oh, Im in bug forrest>yay, Im in a game! (oh, fps is in zero digits..)

So I sadly don't have the time to test too many servers in the time I have.

[/quote']

- ATI HD5870

- US2

- Works fine after first loading, the fps drops to 12fps 100% of the time after respawning

- Always happens after respawning. I have to reload ARMA to fix it.

I've tried setting all video settings to low without any noticeable difference in framerate once the problem starts.

I found a temporary fix for myself: a complete restart of the game.

I found a temporary fix for myself: a complete restart of the game.

This only works for me sometimes... Sometimes first boot into the game will have terrible FPS lag.

[/quote']

-Ati Radeon HD6950 overclocked

-All servers that I know of

-Immediately

-always

Well i have a 550ti and i've found that the drivers were also messing up when updated and it was over heating also ever since i got this game. I normally play us 2 and us 11 and slc 1.

It also takes less then 10 minutes to have it happen.

Happens every time i play the game and now i can't noticed due to no video card :(.

[/quote']

- msi nvidia 560gtx ti

- all servers i've been on so far & all locations afaik

- after joining a second server. first server I join has no issues at all. when I want to join a new server I need to restart my game first for good fps.

- every time (after joining the 2nd server)

Sapphire ATI 5770 1GB.

Mainly around towns/zombies, Servers all of them i have tried so far (EU/UK).

Sometimes immediately sometimes up to 20min.

Constantly happens.

Usually to fix it i have to restart the game.

video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

Servers: ive joined several dallas and chicago servers with no change best luck ive had so far is with a portland server that was up last night that does not seem to be up anymore

when it starts: generally it is immediately in all locations, if one does manage to get into the game with no lag once you die you have a very high chance to lag when you respawn

how often it happens: about 80% of the time its broken

player fixes tried:

-ive tried the battleeye fix which did nothing for me

-restarting the game when lag presents itself does work sometimes but it is not a good fix

-ive tried switching high settings to low then back again which also does not work for me

-adding -winxp in the target line of your launcher does increase fps a bit but it is still unplayable

-joining servers with lower playerbase does not work for me

-dont know if this one was listed but i found that a fresh dayz install does get rid of the fps issue for a short period on first launch but reappears as soon as you die(at least for me)

id also like to add that prior to the 1.5.8.2 patch i had no complaints it ran as smooth as a babies bottom thanks for all your hard work in advance rocket

[/quote']

- Sapphire HD 7870

- any server

- immediately since I'm near a city

- Sapphire Radeon 4850 512MB (Catalyst 9.6), Phenom 9850BE, 4GB DDR2

- Experiencing this everywhere

- First server I join is fine, all the servers after that lag like hell. After restart, first server is fine and after that all the servers lag

Worked totally fine before patch and hotfix.

edit. Oh, and even if I don't get on the first server, the second server I try to join will still lag.

[/quote']

- NVIDIA GTX 275

- I wish I knew, it happened on a few servers. Then I got back to my usuals one and disappeared. I also restarted the game

- Right off the start, then gets worse over time.

- If I'm on the "wrong" server: always.