rocket

Build 1.5.8 rolling update

I'm working on locating the issue of the FPS that some users are experiencing. A hotfix will be released as soon as this is prepared.

I'm working on locating the issue of the FPS that some users are experiencing. A hotfix will be released as soon as this is prepared.

Good :) This lag is really strange.

As impressive as some of the thinking was that went into the mod..

- the FPS breakdown on some servers is a major, major issue. IMO fixing that should be a total priority. none of the changes matter until that works.

- still hoping for a DIRECT CHAT fix...second most important, after the FPS.

- the environmental factors are a fascinating addition that could be expanded upon - in particular, warm clothing would be an obvious start. maybe even the ability to MAKE a fur coat! running around in bearskin would certainly appeal to the survivalist in most of us...

- IMO firewood should ONLY be needed OUTSIDE of the forest...like inside a house. Inside the forrest or even the wilderness in general I don't think it should be needed. I am generally Luke-warm about this, I think it could be binned without much bother. However, limited matches (20 matches a box?) and a ZIPPO lighter would be cool...

- Zombie spawn and behavior a bit awkward...spawning right in front of you is no fun...and reaching through walls a bit of a downer...although I had Z take a chomp out of my shoulder through a window, which was pretty...ahem...wizard.

- carrying dynamics. i think this needs major attention, especially if we are going towards a SIM-SURVIVAL approach. A full ALICE pack should be up to 35-40kgs weight, at which point speed and "stealthiness" should go to hell, while fluid needs should sky-rocket. At the same time, the current loadout system means that a "bandage" is given as the same slot as 30 round 7.62mm mag...while in space-dimension terms you could get 3 bandages and in weight terms 6 for each full 7.62 mag. This is not easy to fix: 10 flares do for instance take up a bit of space, maybe similar to a can of beans, but a flashlight being 3x the size is clearly wrong etc. but in essence, I think you should be able to carry a lot more in the larger packs, but you should also "pay" for it. i certainly will never forget "learning" to move around with a 35kg pack + basic load (lesson: move very careful).

also...this would allow for a little bit more loot (and a little bit less "empty cans")...

- ...how about sleeping bags? ensure that you do not suffer environmental damage or fluid loss while you are out of game?

Cheers,

S

ALL HAIL ROCKET! :)

FFF download new files, install it, connect some server to check new features, relocated on the coast again WTF? ok let's check on the map where i am.... 2 seconds... headshot, lose 2 weeks character without a chance to fight. Hope you die slowly.

OK enough for today.

WTF' date=' an moderator (oktabyr) threatened me because I used the word "carebear" and compared it to a racial slur.

[/quote']

That's because it is a slur, albeit not a racial one. It is used disparagingly to refer to players that have a different play style than the person who is using the slur.

Not always. In EvE for instance it is sometimes used affectionately to refer to fellow corp members who prefer PvE over PvP. Like many terms whether it is offensive or not really depends on context. e.g. if it is preceded by the f word it is probably pejorative.

I know this doesn't really belong here, but since someone brought the topic up:

The term "CareBear" is generally a dismissive attack on another player, it's also a very weak one that relies on little justification of one's stance. I think that people should be banned for using the term, not because it's a "slur" but because it's a cheap way of dismissing someone else's opinions without engaging in actual discussion/debate.

I disagree with many of the people who keep getting called "CareBears" but I'm not going to throw a dumbass name out there to stereotype their responses to the game because I don't have enough grey matter to formulate a complete opinion and expound upon it.

It's the same with people who call other people "casual" in the gaming world. I'm sick of seeing this kind of shit in our gaming culture, you're not a "hardcore gamer" because you can act like an ass while calling someone "casual," and you're not a "hardcore Dayz player" because you called someone a "CareBear."

Your post has nothing to do here ThatGuy, go get pissed elsewhere.

To stay related to the hotfix, tried 4-5 european servers with low ping and nothing changed from 1.5.7 to 1.5.8.2 performance-wise. I updated manually my Battleye .dll file right after applying hotfix.

More info on the fps lag issue would be GREATLY appreciated, particularly:

- Video Card manufacturer of those experiencing it

- Locations/Servers experiencing it

- How long into the game does it happen (immediately, after x mins, etc...)

- How often it happens (always, sometimes, constantly, etc...)

Dude, just set the fog to what it was before the patch.

Imo you lose temp quite easy which is fine but sprinting for a full minute in real life gets met quite warm even in a T-Shirt while in the game I barely gain temp from it.

Rocket for what I have seen: Nearly all off the players that have problems are using amd proccesors and/or amd gpu's.

More info on the fps lag issue would be GREATLY appreciated' date=' particularly:

[/quote']

GPU: AMD HD6790 1GB

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 805

Locations: All EU servers

When: Started this morning out of the blue after getting shot

How often: Hasn't vanished since then.

More info on the fps lag issue would be GREATLY appreciated' date=' particularly:

[/quote']

The lag for me happened from today, last night It was fine with 1.5.8.2 no issues running smooth as butter as did 1.5.7

but some reason today I logged into a usa a swedish and uk server and the general start up as u enter the game and get the location text noise at bottom right where u can see where u spawned was moving slow like one tick and letter appearing every 2 seconds. usually it is fast and smooth.

someone said to update the battleeye dll file as it helps a little, so i tried that and it does help a fair bit to behonest but the lag is still present like with the location text thing appearing just not as slow as it was. The trouble for me is the game feels generally laggy when moving about now and I have not changed a thing with settings or system etc..

the card here is a 4870HD xt ati - and a dual core cpu clocked to 3.2ghz

my gf has an i5 and a 6870 card and notices a difference in performance also. just not as bad as mine, just her machine i guess is able to take the problem better due to more ability in bandwidth of the machine.

hope its fixed soon or u find the issue at least as its not fun right now with it like it is :(

good luck :)

p.s its strange as its not graphics lag perse' as the game itself is fine out of the dayz mod, Im betting its a network/comms to hive issue somewhere?

- Nvidia GTX 690

- Anywhere, especially outside in bright light

- Immediate apparent input lag, becomes unacceptable after 10 mins

- On all servers where it is daytime (could it be related to [FIXED] Fog is way too thick?)

FPS starts around 50, gradually lowers to mid-30s within 10 minutes.

FPS with 1.5.7 was steady 60 everywhere (vsync on).

For the record: I don't mean to be a self-entitled asshole with an expensive videocard, but I do know what this card can do in vanilla Arma2 OA and what it used to do in 1.5.7.

Rocket for what I have seen: Nearly all off the players that have problems are using amd proccesors and/or amd gpu's.

What are you talking about? Look in the bug report forum. Most of them have Intel & Nvidia, as do I. Not that that matters, the issue is the visibility distance that was increased with the patch.

And a note to everyone: please do not refer to low framerate as "lag". It's confusing. Lag means poor connection, high latency.

WTF' date=' an moderator (oktabyr) threatened me because I used the word "carebear" and compared it to a racial slur.

[/quote']

That's because it is a slur, albeit not a racial one. It is used disparagingly to refer to players that have a different play style than the person who is using the slur.

If rocket calls us "fuckers" and puffies I am going to use carebear all I want.

What are you talking about? Look in the technical forum. Most of them have Intel & Nvidia' date=' as do I. Not that that matters, the issue is the visibility distance that was increased with the patch.

[/quote']

Complete bs, nearly everyone in that thread has either an amd proccesor and/or amd gpu. The ones that dont have either sli or a dual gpu like the 590 gtx or 690 gtx. So I guess that dual gpu's are just as bad for arma as sli and crossfire is. Rocket probally made a mistake while fixing the fog. Also: arma 2 isnt using gpu's to the max for some reason, its only using around 20-40% instead of 70-99%, some guy posted msi afterburner pics showing it, and others said that they have the same problem.

- GeForce 555M (Notebook Lenovo Y570i)

- any server (EU 11-14, DE 8, RU 1 2 3, US...)

- Fps problem always begins in one minute after i started playing and contitues for about three-five minutes. After that all becomes ok for a minute, then issue appears again and so on.

I got a AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE + XFX HD 5770 XXX 1GB OC and I vary from 50-30 FPS, didn't have the game prior to patch so can't comment on that.

I've noticed the FPS drop if I leave a server and join another one. If I quit Arma and come back, everything is back to normal.

Video - Two nVidia GTX 460's in SLI

card: laptop integrated ATI Radeon HD 6490M

server: i was only at EU17 today

when: immediately; at the cost after I have died it was significantly worse than in the north - but still pretty bad there too)

it's constant

In my opinion, it is not related to graphics.. I played OK before the update (on mid-low settings) now it's unplayable even on the lowest settings.

-amd phenom II 1090t

-Sapphire radeon hd 6850 1gb

-Pretty much any server I tried (EU, UK, NL)

-FPS is low from the get-go, 10-14 fps, location doesn't really matter (happened to the north-west in the woods and near small villages, as well as in the bigger cities of Elektro and Cherno).

[/quote']

Clevo notebook

Nvidia geforce 260M gtx,

Dual core at 1,8 ghz

I'm experiencing the 3-10 fps issue on different servers, not one in particuliar. For instance, on TX3, which ping is 140, I have normal play sessions where my fps is above 30. Then with no particuliar reason, the fps can drop down to 5-10 fps. Only way to have it back to normal is disconnecting.

It can happen immediately when I log in (Objects around the world have problems to load, like if I'm inside a house it will stay in low LOD and low textures for a while). It also happens randomly without any reason, on different servers (even with 50 ping).