DigitGreen (DayZ)

Sins of a hacking gamer...

We didn't need a wall of text to know you are a douchebag. Just look at that avatar.

No ignorance here.

I've played video games for over 14 out of my 17 years, as the time flowed, I grew, became more intelligent, and more wise. The same could be said for my video game life, I grew as a gamer, opened my horisions and saw many different kinds of games, game play, and story telling. My gaming skill grew, and my two strongest points are FPS and Adventure, and I learned a lot about how to play games.Never give up, even if a level seems completely impossible. It took me three weeks to beat a boss monster in Final Fantasy X, and it drew my family nuts. But eventually (after I learned to actually add enhancements to my character...) I beat it, and it felt good to do it on my own. (well, someone showed me now to add the enhancements, but the battle it self was on my own.) I would always find a tough spot in a game, Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts 1, (and two yeah... but one? *shudders*) beating Halo 3 on legendary, and other challenges that the devs would always throw at us. I always over came them, and I always did it with no help.

:D

Your comedic value is :beans:

Back in the day CoD used to be a good game..what was that 2003ish ? Before the developers destroyed it with achievments and all of the other crap..the hackers totally destroyed the online fun. It went to shit. A lot of games and simulations also went to shit and became unplayable because of script kiddies/ hackers whatever you want to call them. By hacking you are helping games be destroyed. So you spawned a few crates of guns only for yourself. doesnt affect anyone ? People come along, find the crate get the gun..pew pew..they die and lose the gear, what about when they want it back ? Hmmm.. maybe they decide to spawn their own box to get their gear back because they have never had the (insert righteous gun here ) ..and it is easy too right ?

It does affect everyone. Games become unplayable, servers go down, sometimes genuine people get banned. Luckily enough i have not come across a complete server death, fireballs, weapons crate, been teleported or anything else yet in dayz, yeh yeh..fuckn touch wood ! I am pretty sure that eveyone who does not hack does it because , basically..why? As soon as you do the challenge is gone. you just fucked your own game by making it a zero challenge. Did you buy the game just to beat it as quick as you can any way possible -or for the enjoyment you hope it will bring and getting past the obstacles set within ?

Might as well play poker with 5 year olds once you start cheating, it has the same benefits. 0.

All cheaters ..because thats all they are, there is sfa in the way of skill used, they may all sit around and pat themselves on the back, but it is just cheating. Pure and simple. Want to get to the end game instantly, want the highest score on a server, want the best gear, just want to grief..whatever. Lame as fuck and shows their low view of themselves while trying to elevate it in the eyes of others.

The other side is us guys who do not cheat, the affected. We end up not playing games because of the cheaters, i would not touch another CoD or Battlefield game with a ten foot pole because of the ruination of the series by cheaters, but i dont wish cancer on them or death, that is just a kneejerk and childish reaction. Yeah they suck..but death or cancer..lol ?..our useless system wont even knock off pedo's or murderer's , and cheaters are nowhere near that.

You earned your ban, you piped up and put it out there, i can respect you for that, your post is a lot more readable than many of the inane rubbish and rant posts you see on this forum . You definitely stirred up a hornets nest and it should make you aware of how bitter people are towards others wrecking their leisure time.

Good luck on resisting ruining your own game and others in the future dude, we have all fucked up in one way or another and had to ask for another chance, just dont fuck it up, it is not only yourself you will be screwing over :)

The tldr guys on this board are a lazy ass bunch yeh lol, why bother with the tldr ? Stick with the facebook memes and one liners, it seems the new lazy culture is here to stay. I honestly wonder if they have ever opened a book.

• Like 2

I... ugh... why did I expect to get a reasonable, intelligent response? Someone restore my faith in this forums please...

Be more succinct, something about using scripts and then feeling disillusioned with the game (that you're no longer playing) or guilty probably? W/e

Thanks OP your post restored a little faith in ..................................Battle eye.

I read everything you wrote and really really couldn't be happier about your ban. I know your trying to teach everyone a lesson but really op you made a fool of yourself. Op I do not feel sorry one bit, you got what you deserved.

Back in the day CoD used to be a good game..what was that 2003ish ? Before the developers destroyed it with achievments and all of the other crap..the hackers totally destroyed the online fun. It went to shit. A lot of games and simulations also went to shit and became unplayable because of script kiddies/ hackers whatever you want to call them. By hacking you are helping games be destroyed. So you spawned a few crates of guns only for yourself. doesnt affect anyone ? People come along, find the crate get the gun..pew pew..they die and lose the gear, what about when they want it back ? Hmmm.. maybe they decide to spawn their own box to get their gear back because they have never had the (insert righteous gun here ) ..and it is easy too right ?

It does affect everyone. Games become unplayable, servers go down, sometimes genuine people get banned. Luckily enough i have not come across a complete server death, fireballs, weapons crate, been teleported or anything else yet in dayz, yeh yeh..fuckn touch wood ! I am pretty sure that eveyone who does not hack does it because , basically..why? As soon as you do the challenge is gone. you just fucked your own game by making it a zero challenge. Did you buy the game just to beat it as quick as you can any way possible -or for the enjoyment you hope it will bring and getting past the obstacles set within ?

Might as well play poker with 5 year olds once you start cheating, it has the same benefits. 0.

All cheaters ..because thats all they are, there is sfa in the way of skill used, they may all sit around and pat themselves on the back, but it is just cheating. Pure and simple. Want to get to the end game instantly, want the highest score on a server, want the best gear, just want to grief..whatever. Lame as fuck and shows their low view of themselves while trying to elevate it in the eyes of others.

The other side is us guys who do not cheat, the affected. We end up not playing games because of the cheaters, i would not touch another CoD or Battlefield game with a ten foot pole because of the ruination of the series by cheaters, but i dont wish cancer on them or death, that is just a kneejerk and childish reaction. Yeah they suck..but death or cancer..lol ?..our useless system wont even knock off pedo's or murderer's , and cheaters are nowhere near that.

You earned your ban, you piped up and put it out there, i can respect you for that, your post is a lot more readable than many of the inane rubbish and rant posts you see on this forum . You definitely stirred up a hornets nest and it should make you aware of how bitter people are towards others wrecking their leisure time.

Good luck on resisting ruining your own game and others in the future dude, we have all fucked up in one way or another and had to ask for another chance, just dont fuck it up, it is not only yourself you will be screwing over :)

The tldr guys on this board are a lazy ass bunch yeh lol, why bother with the tldr ? Stick with the facebook memes and one liners, it seems the new lazy culture is here to stay. I honestly wonder if they have ever opened a book.

This is what I waited for, after 9 pages of 50-60% of crap, troll, or mediocre posts, a well put together, rational, fair response was finally made, thank you... thank you Hetstaine.

Now in reply:

In the first paragraph, you said that what I was doing actually did affect other people. And you know what, you are absolutely right.

While I was in game with the scripts, I actually tried to place the boxes in places where no one could find them, because I didn't want the server filled with all of the guns. I didn't think about it then, but all scripts, hacks and cheats do affect other's, even if you don't try too. Thank you for showing me that.

Have you played CoD: WaW lately? Don't, most of the server you go into will have hackers. Some keep them to themselves, and some give it to everyone. Now that seems nice and for the first few times it was a little fun. But at least ONCE I want to play regularly. I haven't thought of that when hacking DayZ but now I see it's the same thing. All hack, no matter what they do, is bad. No excuses.

All in all, wonderful insight into this, and I thank you for accepting my post.

Thanks OP your post restored a little faith in ..................................Battle eye.

I read everything you wrote and really really couldn't be happier about your ban. I know your trying to teach everyone a lesson but really op you made a fool of yourself. Op I do not feel sorry one bit, you got what you deserved.

I don't want you to feel sorry for me, that's not the point of this.

No worries Digital, we have all fucked up somewhere along the way, fuk me, i have heaps, you want a book ? lol. Its what you do afterwards that counts. Hey it might just be a game but still , we wouldnt all be here if it didn't mean something, even the ragers :)

There have been a few guys here that have put up some good post's i thought , they should give you some faith in people, even on the interwebz..just gotta sift past all of the kneejerk reactions, sometimes it can be oldskool , like the maniac crowds at a witchburning :D

No worries Digital, we have all fucked up somewhere along the way, fuk me, i have heaps, you want a book ? lol. Its what you do afterwards that counts. Hey it might just be a game but still , we wouldnt all be here if it didn't mean something, even the ragers :)

There have been a few guys here that have put up some good post's i thought , they should give you some faith in people, even on the interwebz..just gotta sift past all of the kneejerk reactions, sometimes it can be oldskool , like the maniac crowds at a witchburning :D

Yeah, out of most of the crap, there has been good posts, whether or not they agreed with me. Even if you disagreed with everything I said, I still would have loved your post, because it was a great post nevertheless.

Well, good news and bad new, however you want to take it. I just re bought ARMA:CO on a new account! If you ever want to play with me, PM me or... whatever... I don't now.

• Like 1

Well, good news and bad new, however you want to take it. I just re bought ARMA:CO on a new account! If you ever want to play with me, PM me or... whatever... I don't now.

Yeah, everyone wants to play with someone who freaked out after losing gear and decided to hack. I'm saddened to hear you've decided to purchase the game again

Fair enough for coming clean. Hope you decide to play again in the future the fun way (without the hax).

Just as a point - you didn't lose your items to a glitch, you are supposed to randomly lose things when swimming.

How the heck do you randomly lose a backpack (or anything in one) when swimming?

Give it another 17 years (more or less) and you'll no doubt realise that your online antics and subsequent epiphanies don't matter to yourself in the slightest, let alone to an anonymous gaggle of forum dwellers. This realisation might coincide with another seemingly unrelated one, which may involve a childrens TV show about ponies.

Give it another 17 years (more or less) and you'll no doubt realise that your online antics and subsequent epiphanies don't matter to yourself in the slightest, let alone to an anonymous gaggle of forum dwellers. This realisation might coincide with another seemingly unrelated one, which may involve a childrens TV show about ponies.

Nope, he's 17 and has the world allllll figured out. Just like the rest of us did when we were kids, too.

Everyone makes "mistakes".

And don't bother expecting intellectual-like replies. People just like to flame.

What is with this "tl;dr" bullshit? Do you all lack the mind power to do so?

I think it was good of you to share this.

• Like 1

I know you're not, because that would be hard. You don't like things that are hard or challenging, you just want to cheat code it all away. Here's some Lindgard for you: "If you would read a man’s Disposition, see him Game; you will then learn more of him in one hour, than in seven Years Conversation." Translated for this century: "Talk is hot air. If you want to know a man, watch him compete."

You can prattle away all you want on the forum, but you've laid yourself bare for everyone to see. You like to see things done, but not in the face of adversity, not if it requires hard work. You want lessons? Here's a lesson - life is hard and shitty, and you can't Up Down Left Right A B Start Select your car payments away. So you could respond to me, but you know my points are solid and irrefutable because you know in your heart they're true. You just want to respond to the easy comments or find someone to hold your head and say, "wipe your tears, it's okay," or talk about your pony show or whatever.

You can't even be contrite without sucking at it. You disgust me.

Finally someone that actually see him the way I see it.

I am definitely not a guy without empathy but OP is obviously far from a genuine attempt to say I am sorry.

Some did mentioned and I pretty much agree with it wholeheartedly that it is indeed too dramatic with all these paragraphs of writing, I mean seriously ? Would anyone actually learn anything from all the gibberish that was written by OP ? Writing so much stuff about how someone grew up cheated bla bla banned and FINALLY BAM ! Someone decided to turn over a new leaf from a game ? If there's anything to learn for yourself, IT IS LIFE itself and not taking shortcuts.

Since you bought yourself the game again, please don't come back to the forum and start grabbing attention all over again, if you're gonna get banned again. Buy the game again and play it clean, we really don't need thread like yours ( the forum is already filled with enough trash topics ) but yours really got me off the bat in a way that you're playing people for their empathy and people actually fell for it and have actually started defending you.

Edited by reiben

First of all, no s**t it won't matter, by that time, I would have much more important things to worry about. Secondly, stop bringing up bronies, that has nothing to do with this thread.

Nope, he's 17 and has the world allllll figured out. Just like the rest of us did when we were kids, too.

Oh believe me I know I have much more to learn, you never stop learning, even if you are the smartest.

Writing so much stuff about how someone grew up cheated bla bla banned and FINALLY BAM ! Someone decided to turn over a new leaf from a game ? If there's anything to learn for yourself, IT IS LIFE itself and not taking shortcuts.

Yeah... that's what I said what about it?

I know you're not, because that would be hard. You don't like things that are hard or challenging, you just want to cheat code it all away. Here's some Lindgard for you: "If you would read a man’s Disposition, see him Game; you will then learn more of him in one hour, than in seven Years Conversation." Translated for this century: "Talk is hot air. If you want to know a man, watch him compete."

You can prattle away all you want on the forum, but you've laid yourself bare for everyone to see. You like to see things done, but not in the face of adversity, not if it requires hard work. You want lessons? Here's a lesson - life is hard and shitty, and you can't Up Down Left Right A B Start Select your car payments away.

Congratulations, you just repeated everything I just said in the last few paragraphs of my original post. No sense of telling me what I already learned.

or talk about your pony show or whatever.

And stop bringing up ponies, I said nothing about them so why do you?

Too long; Didn't read.

LOL, there's a bunch of ignorant people on here. If its too long to read don't reply - do us all a favour and save us having to waste our time reading crappy pointless replies.

I take my hat off to the OP. I've done similar things in other kinds of games and I agree it totally spoils it - not just for everyone else but for you. I've had god mode in a couple of MMOs and kitted myself out for a while and you soon realise there's nothing to do and the items you spawned are worth nothing because you never earnt them.

That said, what you should do moving forward is report any exploits you come across to Rocket =) I would hope that this game gets to the point where its not worth the effort for people to use scripts and hacks etc as theres not much you could exploit with them. Perma bans are all fine and well but that doesnt stop the problem. Typically the kind of people that want to disrupt the game use trojans to steal steam accounts and then use innocent peoples accounts to carry out the work. Plus, once a career hacker is banned - that's fuel to the fire for most of the hackers ive come across...

I completed GTA 3 and Vice City 100%. Can't do that with cheats.

Anyway, good luck to you I guess.