DigitGreen (DayZ)

Sins of a hacking gamer...

Losing stuff while swimming is not a glitch, its a feature, to keep you from swimming loaded with stuff you could NEVER swim with in real life. Wanna swim? Drop everything except your underwear, just like in real life.

Edited by Flatline

Losing stuff while swimming is not a glitch, its a feature, to keep you from swimming loaded with stuff you could NEVER swim with in real life. Wanna swim? Drop everything except your underwear, just like in real life.

It makes sense now, but at the time I did not know that. Oh well

So fucking long; didn't read.

Also, you started playing videogames at 3 years old? haha nice one

Edited by ArrThePirate

Losing gear while swimming is not a glitch man lol.

Once and hacker always a hacker, Enjoy the ban on my server if i catch you there.

I'm sorry that you feel that way, I'm sure I can't convince you that I have changed, so just tell me what server you own and I'll be sure to avoid it, I want no trouble. That is, if I ever get back on DayZ at all.

Losing gear while swimming is not a glitch man lol.

I realise that now, it was mentioned before in the comments.

Too much text?

I don't want to live in this world anymore.

No seriously, that was way too much to read. Not everyone has infinite time to read some sort of "Hacker's Manifesto". I'm grateful to the fellow who provided the TL;DR.

I for one read the whole post, and if I lost all my stuff like that, I woulda wrote it off as a feature. I'm still not sure if that's a glitch or if it's on purpose. Anyways, that sucks man, cheats and hacks are always there, tempting us, it's only out will that stops us from using them. Well that and my computer is buggy enough as it is without messing with stuff, but still, it's alpha dude. I would expect my head to explode any minute looking at a road sign, be it due to glitch or player in this game in the state it's in. Sorry for the ban man.

Edited by Muffinsforever
  • Like 1

No seriously, that was way too much to read. Not everyone has infinite time to read some sort of "Hacker's Manifesto". I'm grateful to the fellow who provided the TL;DR.

So you lack the time to read a post on the internet, what's the point of telling anyone? If you have nothing intelligent to say, move on to a post that interests you. End of story.

Cheaters apologize all the time, playing the I so sowy card trying to get their bans lifted.

They are never sorry they cheated, they are only sorry they got caught.

I never asked anyone to unban me, and frankly, I don't want to be unbanned. I said "If I ever get to play DayZ." And by that, I mean buying another copy, not trying to beg for an unban or any childish shit like that. I'm more mature than that...

If I ever be able to get back on DayZ, then I'll be more than grateful, and I'll try harder than ever to survive, no hacks, scripts, or cheats at all, and this goes for every single video game I will ever play for the rest of my life.

Dallas is entirely right. You're not sorry, just sore that you got caught.

A reasonably well written post, but it doesn't change anything - you cheated because you felt entitled (in an alpha, which is really shockingly dumb, where you can lose items at a moments notice for no reason whatsoever) to the gear. Then you cheated again twice for convenience, proving your initial sentiments about only doing it to bypass a bug are entirely false.

Were you to ever play DayZ again, I expect that you wouldn't cheat. Until you felt the reward outweighed the risk. Posting this here isn't brave or noble, though hopefully it may prove a useful lesson to others. That is the only good that can come of this. Saying you're "coming clean" shows you want a clean slate, and you're not going to get it.

You know, there are so few people who are willing to admit (to others and themselves) that they've done wrong after cheating/hacking that I'm inclined to applaud this guy just on general principle. So good on you for admitting your mistake.

Why?

It's spelled "horizon", just FYI.

So... the lesson learned: Cheaters = short-term fun, long regret

"Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

You are in control of your own destiny, if you have the willpower to shape it in your way.

You know, there are so few people who are willing to admit (to others and themselves) that they've done wrong after cheating/hacking that I'm inclined to applaud this guy just on general principle. So good on you for admitting your mistake.

It's spelled "horizon", just FYI.

Thank you for being one of the few people to see that right away. Good on you in return.

You make one mistake and it ruins it for someone, Christ almighty this web...

What people need to realize is that nobody is perfect. Come on people, don't come here and act like angels who have never done anything wrong in their lives.

Everybody makes mistakes and does bad things. What separates good people from the bad, is the people who have courage enough to admit their mistakes and make up for them. He came here to say he is sorry to you all, and he has come to terms with his punishment.

Digital_Insanity, I have this to say to you: I have much, much more respect for you, than I have for all the assholes in this thread telling you your a bad person just to feel a bit better about them selves. The only way to lead a good life is to admit ones flaws and try to build on ones strengths. And yet again, I enjoyed reading your so-called "wall of text", it was one of the most thoughtful and well written posts I've read on the forum.

I do hope you'll be back actually, if you can afford it. I trust you not to make the same mistake again, as I am sure you are not going to. A game like DayZ especially, is fun due to the fact that you are afraid of loosing the precious gear you acquire. Sometimes you do loose it anyways, either out of lack of knowledge (like in your case), or due to glitches... It is annoying, but once you cross that line, it's so easy to just do it one more time... and then the experience is ruined until you actually manage to stop cheating. In the end, the one you are cheating the most is yourself, you are in effect ruining your own experience with the game.

• Like 1

Alright, first of all, I cannot tell you how many times I have died with great, rare shit, and still started anew and got back to it, only to die again. The only reason why I did this was because it was a glitch, and that it was not supposed to happen. I know I shouldn't have done that never the less, but now I'm apologizing for exploiting the game. The least you could do is forgive me and just walk away. This was a mistake I made, and I will never do it again.

Also I'm not some asshole who kills other players for sport or anger, I do it out of survival.

I actually read that wall of text.

It is not a glitch. Well, some might argue it is, but it's also been argued that it isn't. Go swimming with a backpack full of that and see what happens? Yeah, it's not a glitch

But guess what! It's ALPHA, EXPECT to lose your stuff to glitches, over and over again. There is absolutely NO excuse to hack because of it. Why do you think you're so self entitled that you can ruin other peoples game play because YOU screwed up? Gullie suit? You didn't have that but you did after you hacked. Clear advantage right there.

You wall of text basically stated:-

You've hacked all your short gaming life got owned the minute you went up against non hackers, died in a game, got upset and tried to blame the working mechanics as though it's a bug and how it gives you more credibility to hacking, got busted, banned then trying to say how you're sorry and won't ever do it again. It's because you got busted you're saying this, you have absolutely nothing left to lose now.

I didn't realize that until now, If I knew it wasn't a glitch, I would have never used hacks.

No offense, but if you used them for the one reason, I could only assume you would have eventually used them for another. Had you not been caught, who's to tell how far you would have taken it? That's all speculation though.....

The thing that gets me...... The game is in it's alpha stages... it's a public test to better the game it will eventually be. You have to accept that at any moment, you might lose everything, no matter how long you have been alive, or how badass your PC is, or how many kills you have. I almost wish there was a huge flash screen when you loaded in that said just that. "You are playing an alpha test of a game that will eventually come out. You may lose your shit at any moment."

Hopefully you did learn your lesson, I wish more scripters would, as I have already run into half a dozen since I started playing.

Also, I think if you go back to where you entered the water you can find your gear....

What people need to realize is that nobody is perfect. Come on people, don't come here and act like angels who have never done anything wrong in their lives.

Everybody makes mistakes and does bad things. What separates good people from the bad, is the people who have courage enough to admit their mistakes and make up for them. He came here to say he is sorry to you all, and he has come to terms with his punishment.

Digital_Insanity, I have this to say to you: I have much, much more respect for you, than I have for all the assholes in this thread telling you your a bad person just to feel a bit better about them selves. The only way to lead a good life is to admit ones flaws and try to build on ones strengths. And yet again, I enjoyed reading your so-called "wall of text", it was one of the most thoughtful and well written posts I've read on the forum.

I do hope you'll be back actually, if you can afford it. I trust you not to make the same mistake again, as I am sure you are not going to. A game like DayZ especially, is fun due to the fact that you are afraid of loosing the precious gear you acquire. Sometimes you do loose it anyways, either out of lack of knowledge (like in your case), or due to glitches... It is annoying, but once you cross that line, it's so easy to just do it one more time... and then the experience is ruined until you actually manage to stop cheating. In the end, the one you are cheating the most is yourself, you are in effect ruining your own experience with the game.

What a load of crock. People are trying to make themselves feel better about themselves by telling him hacking is wrong? Get real. I personally hate hackers, always have. I'm sure many feel the same. I've done plenty wrong in my life too, but there's a difference, I don't deliberately do crap that effects others. A hacker KNOWS they are doing wrong. It effects OTHER peoples game play. Cheating in a single player game? Sure, go ahead. Cheating in a MP game? No excuse what so ever and a ban is exactly what's needed, and it should stay permanent, otherwise everyone will do it just "once" and then come saying how it's a mistake etc etc when caught.

It's easy to say "I won't do it again" once caught.

Dallas is entirely right. You're not sorry, just sore that you got caught.

A reasonably well written post, but it doesn't change anything - you cheated because you felt entitled (in an alpha, which is really shockingly dumb, where you can lose items at a moments notice for no reason whatsoever) to the gear. Then you cheated again twice for convenience, proving your initial sentiments about only doing it to bypass a bug are entirely false.

You're right, that's what part of the original Post said in a nutshell.

Were you to ever play DayZ again, I expect that you wouldn't cheat. Until you felt the reward outweighed the risk. Posting this here isn't brave or noble, though hopefully it may prove a useful lesson to others. That is the only good that can come of this. Saying you're "coming clean" shows you want a clean slate, and you're not going to get it.

That on the other hand, is incorrect. If I just started to cheat again, doing the same thing I just did, then I have learned nothing, which you fail to understand, is the point of this whole thread. Making a mistake, learning from it, and using it to prevent yourself from doing it again. That is what I am trying to do, and I am going to try my hardest to never cheat again. Who knows, maybe I will let the beauty of cheating seduce me into using it again. I'm not going to let it happen, but maybe It'll "slip" If I do that, then this whole post would be for nothing, and all of our time here would have been wasted. Which is why it drives me further to never use scripts again. I can't make you agree that I will never cheat again, hell, I may, but I can tell you that I do fell regret, and I will try to avoid this situation in the future.

Also, I do not want a clean slate, my name is now known as "that guy who cheated and made a butthurt post about it." and I accept that, what I am trying to do, is to become something better than that. Sure I could make another profile and start on a clean slate, but that's just "cheating" and nothing is learned from that, and I will never do it again.

Saying you're "coming clean" shows you want a clean slate, and you're not going to get it.

It's damn well not a problem getting a clean slate... he could have bought the game again, telling no-one and stopped cheating. By doing what he is doing now, he instead have the balls to actually take responsibility of what he did, and there is respect in that.

Oh, and one more thing. This weekend one guy bursted into a movie theater, killing almost 20 people, injuring more, as you must have heard. One year ago, on this exact date, one of my best friends was killed in the Utøya terrorist attack among 68 other people, in addition to those who died in the Norwegian governmental office... Cut this guy a break, there are people who are much, much worse than hackers... it's just a video game after all... Try to see things in perspective.