Tabris07

Is a mic really mandatory?

So I'm interested in teaming up with people. I can do well as an individual, my characters usually survive for weeks at a time. Since the past few updates that increased the amount of killing on sight, I've been on my own. I used to team up with people all the time in the earlier days of the mod, but now it seems like the only way for me to find a group to join now is to have a mic and skype or something like that.

I don't have a mic, voice chat is not an option for me, but I would still like to find people I can team up with. Is there anyone out there who accepts people who don't have voice chat?

Almost impossoble mate i mean i run a clan myself and if some claims "oh i don't have a mic but can u come pick me up on the coast" it seems a little off and it makes it look like all he wants to do is raid our base and kill us once he gets a gun and doesn't want to join the Skype call because he doesn't want to talk to us while he does this.

I can suggest some pretty cheap microphones to you if you want me to.

Edited by nomonater

I'm aware that a silent player seems less trustworthy, I was hoping to make a topic like this on here so that someone who accepts people without a mic can see it and contact me.

I'm not bandit, but I do understand where you're coming from.

I might have some dusty PS3/360 microphones that may work. I rarely chat on either of those consoles either. I'm just not a very chatty person I guess. :P

You could set up your own group of friends that don't use microphones like yourself. There are other means of communication that you can use instead of speaking such as the Steam overlay, Xfire or Raptr, which you can use text to message each other.

Good Luck! I have yet to find a group that offers a place to someone with no mic. You can start a trend :)

• Like 2

Someone has already contacted me and I added them on steam. It would be nice if a no mic trend does start soon. :)

Yeah as you said, people without mics seem less trustworthy, simply because they don't talk. I'm not a very talkative person myself, but I use a mic when playing with my real life friends.

You should probably just invest in a mic anyway, it saved my life in one instance. I opened some church doors and 2 guys with military weapons were pointing them straight at me. I said over mic: "I'll just leave now..." and closed the door and walked away. I bet if I hadn't had my mic, they would've shot me on sight for not reacting.

Plus, text takes time to type, and you can't always do that when on the run or in a dire situation. Especially with zombies on your tail.

• Like 1

I'd say. Saying 'friendly' and communicating quickly beats typing any day. It's much faster and personal, which sometimes makes a difference.

Well at the end of the day a Cheap mic can often be worse than no Mic with the feedback and distortion but I think in this game it's the intense emphasis on Distrust that makes voice comms so vital, after all even people who aren't going to Just KOS will usually only have a second or two to decide if they want to shoot you or not and it can take long than that to type out a message even if they notice it at all at the bottom of the screen while focusing on you :)

Also with the emphasis on keeping moving you can move and talk but can't move and type ;)

But I hope you find a team who can work with you :)

Having been without a mic for a time before I sympathies

I mean go pick up a 25 dollar logitech there okay and a mic CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.

Hey, I'm new to the game. I would like to find a good server and team up with someone. I can use a mic but I would prefer not to.

I'm a chick, got a family and it's a bit weird talking to people in a game while my family is around.

I do not have a working mic and also wondering if anyone wants to team up through steam.

I normally just salute or try to avoid people in general. I have had friendly player encounters where neither of us have saide anything just saluted and circled around each other and continued on our way. If I am a few days in and well geared I will start to be much less trusting though and much more antisocial.

Edited by aks

I've got no problem with typed words. I get shot just as often (actually, more often) by players who speak 'friendly' than those who type it.

My hours are erratic, but shoot me a steam hello and maybe we can meet up.

Dr Caredear md

Well mic's are pretty cheap xd u can pick one at the dollar store :P.. Playing dayz without a mic isnt has fun

Hey, I'm new to the game. I would like to find a good server and team up with someone. I can use a mic but I would prefer not to.

I'm a chick, got a family and it's a bit weird talking to people in a game while my family is around.

You could team up with me, add me on steam if you have one: chunkeymonkey79 (how different). It's fine if you don't want to use a mic.

My picture on here is the same as my steam profile, just in case there's duplicates with my name.

I see some people here who are willing to team up without a mic. My steam id is Tabris05, so you can add me if you would like. :)

I'm looking for a buddy to play with, I've died because I didn't have someone covering my back while I was looting.. Any takers? My Skype is Buddymcfriend (same goes for my youtube channel, /buddymcfriend [i make let's plays of games]).

I feel you, but you can't play without mic forever.

I run skype and I have Astro's A40's. I use voice chat to figure out who's friendly or not... If they don't answer, well... you know the rest.

I managed to find and team up with some people so far. The typing does take some time when trying to communicate, but it is nice to see some friendlies after so long of witnessing KOS.

Typing probably isn't as efficient as voice communications but it still works.

Not having a mic will not work, what if you spot somebody? you can't tell your team cause your screwed, what if your getting shot at and you know where it's coming from but your team doesn't? your screwed once again, trust me it will not work, you need a mic to play this game, just go and buy a cheap one dude, i was 1 of those people who didn't want to chat to people i teamed up with at the start, but trust me the game is so much more enjoyable chatting and playing with others, i also have my own clan now.

• Like 1