Sugarkills

Can you sound whore in Day Z?

I have been playing Day Z for a few days now using my pc's speakers. Now I'm getting more into the game and taking things more seriously I was wondering if I switch the sound over to my headset will I be able to "sound whore"? For example if I hear a gun shot will I be able to identify the direction from which the shot came from or if I hear footsteps would I know which direction the person was coming from? Like you can in Call of Duty.

Thanks

Yeah, :D a headset would help. If you're down for spending money I really like Logitech headsets. I use a G35.

"sound whore"

pre-emptive text at its very finest ladies and gentlemen

you make it sound like an exploit...

how can you describe 'not having a terrible sound system' as 'whoring' ? :P

Very strange terminology.

Sometimes I get better separation on my headset, but I use speakers sometimes, too.

My headset is 7.1, though. I just don't like wearing it for so many hours.

Get a good headset, maybe with surround. - I for example use a Logitech G930 and its REALLY helpful ;)

Well, I don't know why you all suggest headsets. I can point out the approximate direction of a gun sound/footsteps/zombie noises with regular speakers. Works better with headphones ofc.

Edited by Atanar

uhhmm, are you supposed to be able to hear other players walk/crouch walk? because i just got shot from behind while fiddling with my backpack. figured it was safe because i would hear if someone clamped up the metal staircases (they made a shitload of sound when i walked on em) but there i was, happily rearranging my stolen supplies, when i suddenly get half an AKM mag in my neck =( so much for headsets i guess.

"Sound whoring" is something I always hear from console players.

Really?!? Hmm learn something new everyday. I've never heard this term. Maybe because I don't play COD.

I'm a sound whore, I have these things attached to my head that let me tell where sound is coming from irl. True story.

nice 7.1 surround sound headset... can usually tell where the shots are coming from... and i also hear twig snaps which scares the shit out of me thinking its a player