Inception.

Why do you people do these things?

So after I intentionally killed myself to have a fresh start, I went to Cherno to do a basic loot run.

After about 10 minutes of gathering an AK and supplies, I head to the church. Just as I was about to go in, some fuckwit with an M107 sprays me.

What I want to know is this: Why do you do these things? Why take a high-value/high-powered gun [sniper] to Cherno and kill off fresh spawns?

EDIT: I'm not a noob. I know where to go, how to play. I am part of an experienced squad. I just felt like not killing someone for a change.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 3

dey r jrkasses lawl

gooby pls

• Like 3

Either someone was there to troll, or it could be someone waiting for a friend (and killing everyone else that isn't him).

Its most likely because they can, because they have upper hand (Better equip and position) and also because our little sandbox does not have that many sand and tools atm.

Because these guys are just bad at this game and can't fight real bandits.

• Like 6

They probably do it because they find it amusing, or in hopes someone posts a thread in the forums about them so they can get some kind of lame gratification that they butthurt someone who is trying to enjoy a game mod with an interesting open ended goal. Alot of people hate mindless pvp, but it does add a level of excitement, and helps keep a very simple and incomplete game from getting stale. If you hate ruthless pvpers why not become a bandit hunter or join a guild of said members instead of clogging the forums?

I've been in a bush with M107 and rangefinder near Elektro at some point. Why did I do it? It was hillarious to imagine all the rage it caused. Oh, and it was pretty gratifying how with that combo I could just pinpoint a location and instagib anyone who stood still even for a second (I am a crap sniper, the combo just is so ludicrously powerful). In the long run it gets quite boring though so I stashed my M107 and gave the rangefinder to a friend and got an assault rifle. It's more fun to loot your kills and in general heated firefights are far more fun than a duckshoot.

Oh by the way, M107 and AS50 should be removed from the game. The other sniper rifles are fine though. Then again once all the dupe bugs and ammo refil are gone maybe they'll just be rare enough weapons to be fine. The ammo refill especially is very good for snipers since they only ever really need to move to get food/water/heat in the middle of a forest currently.

Edited by Elmokki
  • Like 1

What I want to know is this: Why do you do these things? Why take a high-value/high-powered gun [sniper] to Cherno and kill off fresh spawns?

At least he didn't break your legs and drag you into the nearest horde.

Because this mod became stupid and boring. There is nothing else to do. Owning random noobs is always fun. The question is - why NOT to do it ? No punishment for killing. Only joy and loot. Besides, again, there is nothing else to do. The mod is dead. PVP deathmatch.

Don't forget kids, the hills with those nasty snipers is a good place for payback and loots!

Thank you Mr sniper killer of fresh fish for your GPS/Range finder and M107/M9 SD and 6 clips for each, it was much obliged, sadly you didn't have your civilian clothing on because I really wanted your ghille!

I've been in a bush with M107 and rangefinder near Elektro at some point. Why did I do it? It was hillarious to imagine all the rage it caused...

Oh by the way, M107 and AS50 should be removed from the game...

You've had your chance to use the M107 so now its OK to remove it from the game and deny any future players the opportunity?

Conratulations, your douchebaggery level has just maxed out! You win DayZ!!

Edited by Wawazat

Because these guys are just bad at this game and can't fight real bandits.

^ this

They do it because they can and they aren't man enough to go against real players with a chance of killing them back. (they would probably Alt/F4 if it happened anyway)

Its fun for them because there is no risk

So after I intentionally killed myself to have a fresh start, I went to Cherno to do a basic loot run.

After about 10 minutes of gathering an AK and supplies, I head to the church. Just as I was about to go in, some fuckwit with an M107 sprays me.

they russian

.....What I want to know is this: Why do you do these things? Why take a high-value/high-powered gun [sniper] to Cherno and kill off fresh spawns?

I've a question or two for you Inception,

If this kind of thing didn't happen in DayZ, would DayZ be better or worse off for it ?

As already said, we'll never know what possessed him/her to waste rare ammo on a new spawn.

Why do people go back to the coast with a full survival kit and good weapons when they could live in the woods for eternity ?

In almost 30 years of gaming I've never had a game test me as much as DayZ does and on so many levels too. It's also an interesting look into the human psyche too.

What else you want them to do? They are either going to be deathmatching on NW airfield, stary, cherno or electro. There is nothing else to do after you have a camp with tens of guns and some vehicles.

They do it because they feel like it...it is as simple as that, and I do not see any problem with it.

I died yesterday in the North, losing an L85 with thermal scope, GPS and NVG's...The gunshot that killed me scared the crap out of me, but the death was as always amazing...I was in the middle of nowhere and I had let myself relax too much. It was dissapointing to lose that equipment but at the same time I could now look forward to my first fresh spawn since the removal of the pistol. I spawned on the coast at cherno, headed into the apartments at the hospital and exited with pistol, medical supplies and plenty of food. I heard gunfire so I decided to break for the forest and head inland to find a rifle.

As soon as I ran into the open I took fire from three seperate directions...scared the crap out of me but you have never seen anyone zig-zag so wildly before. I guess they were all crap shots because I made it to cover having dodged perhaps 9 shots on the way.

Anyway by the time I hit the forest I was as happy as hell...my character had been alive for 5 minutes and had survived his first encounter :)

they russian

So 99% of dayz players are russians? Dear god

I'm surprised that more people don't take a friendly approach when they're fully geared up, try to give out ammo, food, medicine, etc, to the newbies.

I guess they just don't get much satisfaction from helping.

Saying that makes me feel old, and I'm only 15.

• Like 1

Would you have complained when you went in there to kill him for his rare gear? No.

It's common to see someone with rare gear shoot at everyone.

Yes, I know he could have duped it but if he did, he's not going to survive long in this game considering he depends on exploits.

Edited by AntonioTheDeadly