theg481

What do you do when you see another player?

What would you do?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do if you meet another player?

• Kill him
    • Let him go
    • Tell him your friendly
    • Run away from him
    • Other, leave a comment below

Hey guys,

I once met another player, and i rapidly killed him becouse i was scared that he would kill me.

But what would you guys do, if you see or meet another player?

Would you kill him? Tell him your friendly? Or something else? Leave a comment below!

Edited by Pr0zzK1D

just observe the guy, then leave... better off playing alone anyways, wont agro zombies that way...

If I know someone has seen me, I'll kill them.

If they're at a distance I keep an eye on them but don't go out my way to mug them :P

I mostly leave players alone, even if I have an AS50, seeing some guy a kilometer away from me, I rather just watch him go than try to put a bullet in him...

If I fear someone is too supicious, or is endangering my own safety, I might kill them. Might.

Many times I also run away, and I have survived many sudden firefights that way :P

Edited by Eric0965

Today my group of 6 saw some flares being thrown in Cherno. We headed in to investigate. Found a man from Australia named Jack who was trying to gain attention of any nearby survivors. He was low on blood so we gladly gave him a transfusion and moved along. We have now invited him to our voice comms.

Just my first playing in DAYZ. When i met another player, I just approached him and talked 'Friendly'. But many guys just shoot me :(

ya. it is not all people. However, They were almost bandit. If they saw me, their first action was 'Shooting ME'.

Now a Dayz. when I meet player, I just kill him.

No Negotiation, No Mercy, No Prisoner.

That is all.

Edited by tero1234

Kill him. Unless we're going in completely opposite directions and there is no way he's gonna get a shot on me.

No reason to do otherwise.

Edited by SillySil

I generally observe and track if possible. It quickly becomes obvious if they are bandits or not. If they are they get a bullet in the back of the head, if not, I try and make contact sometimes, or help them.

Personally, i would look at his gear and then decide what to do.

If he has good Weapons:

- Kill him.

If he has a gun:

- Try to approach him and tell him im Friendly

- If he shoots me, i would kill him.

If he has none guns:

- Get close to him, tell him im friendly and help him get some good stuff.

• Like 1

I'd try to let him live if he hadn't spotted me. if someone walks into me there is a good chance we will both open fire, so in that situation its kill or be killed.

Just 30 minutes ago i was leaving a town in the north and 2 players came out of the woods towards me but hadn't seen me, i lay down and could have easily killed them as i had a silenced PP-19 but as i was heading south at the time i let the pass by none the wiser.

I hate having to start on the beach again, and i guess everyone does. so for me killing another player is a last option situation. i just wish more people would adopt a similar mindset.

Edited by Justice0320
  • Like 1

It obviously depends on the situation. Usually I just shoot them though, sure. Unarmed people I may leave alive if I notice their lack of weapon quickly enough and some melee weapon people who tell they're friendly I may spare if they immediately move the other way when told to.

I may run too if the situation seems hopeless.

I have tried the friendly path so long and it have gotten me nowere thats why i kill literaly anyone i see unless they say they are friendly in the voice-chat :)

I stay prone but if they get too close and see me I have to shoot because otherwise they will kill me..

i would observe for a while and when i felt they were friendly sneak up and contact them through voice to see if they're interested in tagging along a ways or just going on our own separate ways

• Like 1

panic. observe. panic quit, finding a reason for me to stop playing.

Edited by omgwtfbbq

Normally i observe the other player. Unless i got the impression, that he has seen me then i kill him of course. It was long since i stumbled into a player that had seen me before i saw him.

Depends if they see me or not.

If not, sometimes I will play tricks on them over com, see if I can scare them into dc.

Never showing myself the whole time.

That's about as evil as I get.

Most of the time I'm friendly but keep my distance.

I don't let em tag along and warn them not to follow.

If I'm caught with one in the same building though ill leave them to it even if they are friendly.

I only kill when Attacked.

Limited resources, no need for a varied gene pool to maintain the species, kill 'em all.

Personally, i would look at his gear and then decide what to do.

If he has good Weapons:

- Kill him.

That part right there is why I avoid people cause its like your gonna go up to a guy an he has a shotgun but then he see's my weapon an goes wow! im going to kill him for his gun Which is the reason why I trust no one now. Which is why I will be avoiding you mister <_<

If I spot survivors first and they are some distance away, I observe for a few seconds or a minute to make sure he/she is alone. If indeed is alone, I shoot to kill. If there is 2 or more I retreat behind some bushes before getting the hell out. Pretty standard actually.

If I am discovered, spotted up close or just plain encountering another I usually fire right away. I have no time for games, as I have been betrayed before many times. Whoever is still alive after all the shooting did the right thing IMO. Trust nobody.

1. Observation, Chat when close but hide (not offer myself as a target) Assess, Help or leave.

2. Destroy their camp