Sign in to follow this  
Wrath (DayZ)

100% of people I've engaged D/C

Yeah this shit is the most annoying thing in the world. The most annoying part is when you kill them before they can DC but then they DC while dead and the body vanishes from existence...

Shot two people today. No D/C. Me and my group had an intense firefight outside NE Airfield yesterday, my friend killed two, they killed one of us. No D/C. :) Not all people are cheaters, so there is hope!

The problem I see with many of the systems is when people get dc by lag, server issues, battery force disconnects, etc. A system isn't a quick fix if it punishes people for legitimate issues.

When is it ok to dc anyways? I've been shot at right as was logging for the night, had already stayed up for 2 hours when I had work really early in the morning. Am I required to stay there and fight and kill or die just to not be labels combat dc? 5 mins? 10? 30?

Personally I also see a difference between people who PvP other players all the time and combat dc when tables are turned, than the lone wolf who could fight but chooses to run away and log. Especially considering the amount of sever jumping to spawn behind someone to kill them I've been exposed to when not logging out right away.

I think it should be something along the lines of: if you are in shock or there are players/zombies near to you, then you should have a logout timer. Otherwise, I don't really care too much.

If you are just out in the middle of nowhere with no people/zombies around, just let them log out immediately.

I'd vote for this. It's the most viable solution so far in the forum.

What would you guys rather have?

A whole lot of servers you can join and play the same character you've been working on in a persistent world setting?

Or

A lot of whitelisted servers where you have to start a new character when you join and the mods ban people who grief and alt-f4 during combat? Remember, these server are all going to have different rules and nonsense you'll have to go through just to get to play (ala minecraft).

There was a time when a team of bandits got the drop on me, while I was playing solo.

I had an AK, they had M4 CCO's, M203's, and a rocket launcher. I fired blindly at them when they started shooting, and I ran into a grocery store. I camped the back enterance, and I killed one guy, and then all of a sudden, the game told me that 5 guys DC'd.

• Like 1

Hoping whatever Rocket is doing to address this issue solves the problem. Absolutely sick of it - I don't even bother to engage snipers when I know where they are. If I haven't got a gun that can 1 shot them (i.e. a Lee Enfield) they'll log out before I can kill them.

I just run around death matching in Cherno/Elektro these days, because stalking players only to have them disconnect as soon as you engage them isn't fun. I'm sure it will be fixed in time though.

We know this is alpha, but a log out timer or something never crossed your minds as you made this mod?

90% of people i meet in a firefight DC. Basically you either die or they DC. Snipers are the worst most pussy ass gamers i've seen.

Shoot DC move... Shoot DC move... Is there really anyone left who doesn't? I've died plenty of times with full backpacks of great loot running from 1 zombie with no ammo and passing out. Did it suck? Hell yes.Did DC'n even cross my mind? Hell no. Like alot of things in life it comes down to if you have balls or not. Here's a suggestion if you can't take a death like a man and would rather DC to save your loot and have you real world penis shrink the next day, YOU SHOULDN'T BE PLAYING DAYZ. Go play cod leave dayz to real gamers. I can barley take this arma engine, low fps and countless bugs but that's not in our reach to change. This is. You choose to DC you choose to be a pussy and ruin the game but why?

• Like 1

So over the last 3 or 4 days me and my friends have been living up north around the NWAF and that general area. We've played well as a close nit team and got the jump on at least 15-20 people.

Every single person we've fought has disconnected. Every. Single. One.

Try playing Counter-Strike or something. The problem is that you're bad at shooting games. The trick is to get good at shooting people in the face, that way they have no time to disconnect. If you have friends with you and you still can't manage to kill a single player before they disconnect - you should do target practice or something.

no i like alt f4. its the only way i can tolerate this game from kos dick weeds like you.

Permaban this cunt. Now.

• Like 1

Try playing Counter-Strike or something. The problem is that you're bad at shooting games. The trick is to get good at shooting people in the face, that way they have no time to disconnect. If you have friends with you and you still can't manage to kill a single player before they disconnect - you should do target practice or something.

Thanks for the incorrect assumption. I have played CS since beta. I'm VERY capable of 'getting epic headshots'. But you mistake this game for a COD-like FPS. Me and my squad regularly engage people at over 300m away, we have a compliment of 2x M16 1x FAL and an M249 support gunner. We lay a lot of rounds down at central body mass, we don't have a designated marksman yet. There is no way we can get 'epic headshots' at those ranges with those guns. Even with a sniper rifle I very much doubt anyone could do that easily on a moving target.

Anyway, your stupidity aside, 'being bad at this game' is no excuse for the rampant retardedness of alt+f4. As soon as the first bullet leaves our weapons the opfor are vanishing.

Edit: we are all very experienced in shooters for probably longer than you've been alive.

Edited by Wrath

I think the solution is to make it like logging out in an MMO. You hit the "logout" button and your guy has to stay perfectly still for 60 seconds before you actually quit. If you take one step or shoot the timer stops and you have to hit the "quit" button again. If you alt+f4 your body stays in the world for 2 minutes vulnerable.

If you think MMOs make you wait 60 seconds, then you've never played one. It's typically about 10-15 seconds. 60 seconds is fucking retarded.

If you're in shock, logging out simply makes your character remain in the server until the shock wears off.

Simple and effective.

Get a real d/c while running from zombies?

Deal with it.

If you think MMOs make you wait 60 seconds, then you've never played one. It's typically about 10-15 seconds. 60 seconds is fucking retarded.

Way to miss the point, genius.

how about everytime you log in you have a timer like your waking up youd be there but couldnt move youd need to log off somewhere safe

A lot of whiners about combat DC hypocrites IMO since they whine about carebears whining...then they whine about combat DC.

If you cannot get a one shot one kill or a consecutive shot off then well its just like hunting wildlife...if you miss you lose.

Example i combat DC'd once or twice the one time right. LISTEN dont just stop reading cause i said i combat DC'd.

So what happened i was UNARMED in the town near NE airfield there was a guy in the market he just started shooting....with an automatic weapon...he had already shot 2 clips at me and im still alive...i run into the market he says over DC "ya die mother fucker...." I hit the esc button then abort...if he couldn't kill me by then he didn't deserve the kill. If your seriously going to say "you should have sat there and die" your an idiot, i had no weapon i was no threat and he was just doing it for the hell of it. I ran down the hill in front of the market he shot at me from there...he missed most shots hit me 4 times or so but he couldn't kill me before i did the 5 second process so he didn't deserve to win IMO.

I have not experienced this as much as the original poster. I do think the best solution is to have a timer such as the unconcious timer for 1 minute (complete vulnerability) until logout, and alt-f4 = 2 minute vulnerability penalty. This does not require as much script changing as some of the other suggestions in this thread.

IMO dying, losing your shit, starting from the beginning, is one of the best parts of the game (collecting and scavenging) -- so stop being a horder and a wimp, who knows maybe you can defeat the odds.

If you cannot get a one shot one kill or a consecutive shot off then well its just like hunting wildlife...if you miss you lose.

Yeah if I miss i take another shot, and another and another if need be, until I no longer have a shot because the target has run away or hid. Not because the target is able to warp space time.

Not a very good argument...

This argument is stupid, and anyone that uses this argument is stupid. Can you morons stop being this dumb?

they should just put a 10min lockout on your character if you log out in combat, or even 30mins i think that would work, hell even make it longer. I have never logged during combat i think its pathetic, yet i have people do it to me all the time, infact today i killed some guy with a sniper and the silenced m4a1 or whatever it is and because he alt F4'd his body despawned and i got nothing. The funny thing was he was camping a heli crash and i snook up on him, pathetic asshole.