drakenof

Why did you nerfed the loot percentage ?

It's already hard enough to find something interesting in this mod ( 2 airfields and that's about it ), it was really unnecessary to nerf this aspect.

There's already not enough variety and diversity in places where the interesting stuff spawns ( please stop with the airfields already... ) now if you start to nerf this aspect even more, the mod will be just plain boring and frustrating.

The player keeps loosing " power " ( thinking about the recent Makarov, sounds and feel like a BB gun ) still the zeds remains broken as fuck ( hitting / going through walls, detect the player through walls, zigzag run can't aim for shit, horrible random KO system ). Survival, why not, but this is not even survival anymore.

And please, just don't talk about " realism ". What is realistic in : one M9 and two tin cans in a fucking huge ass military complex ? Absolutely nothing.

v4CIw.jpg

Also think some of the more powerful weapons were also toned down in damage, making ammo more needed. Used to be able to use my m16 to take down zombies in one shot in the chest at close range, now it is two.

On that note, are the SW and NW airfields really the only places with quality loot spawns? That seems to take some of the fun out of progression knowing the only way to "level up" is to go to one of two pvp zones, rather than searching across the map.

That seems to take some of the fun out of progression knowing the only way to "level up" is to go to one of two pvp zones, rather than searching across the map.

They are the two major places for quality loot ( in quantity ) indeed.

Because of the high percentage of " rare " interiors ( barracks, hangars, control tower etc... ).

And like you said, it takes a ton of the fun out knowing where you are to " ultimately " go. I'm not even talking how much those places are full of retards killing themselves.

And now imagine the above situation with nerfed loot percentage... it's just worse.

They're almost the only place worth going, and like said on another thread it's just a matter of time before it kills the mod entirely.

I don't mind high quality gear being more north, but having it in only military complexes really puts a downer on things. I plan on going north, and eventually going there, but damn do I not want to do it every time. I suppose there's a reason I stay on the coast, at least things are a little more volatile there.

Yeah, it's fine to have some better opportunities for loot away from the starting areas to provide a moderate incentive to travel, but without funneling people into certain areas by making the rewards so disparate.

I understand that the main issue is the number of item spawn points at the airfield rather than only being able to get loot there? Maybe certain areas could have lower respawn rates; some way to make it more viable to search elsewhere. More chance to find a more diverse range of military gear and ammo in out-of-the-way non-military complexes might be good, too.

I don't know the viability of this in ARMA mods, but what of custom towns/shacks out in the woods? Obviously not right now, due to more pressing issues, but a possibility?

I think the recent change the the Makarov was a good thing, it keeps bandits (curse them) from spawning and then destroying anyone they find.

Also the reason they put "lewt" in certain places is to promote teamwork and competition for items.

I wouldn't worry about it though man, eventually I'll find you and "borrow" all of your equipment anyway. ^.^

I wouldn't worry about it though man' date=' eventually I'll find you and "borrow" all of your equipment anyway. ^.^

[/quote']

Come back to us! Come back! Humanity misses you! Spend a day at the hospital tending to the wounded and reclaim your human soul before you are indistinguishable from one of the infected.

Come back to us! Come back! Humanity misses you! Spend a day at the hospital tending to the wounded and reclaim your human soul before you are indistinguishable from one of the infected.

I'd spend a day at a hospital if I could get the doors open.

You can shoot out the front glass windows of the hospitals that have them. Someone even said you can break them open with a liquor bottle thrown at them. Inside is a plethora of blood bags, pills, injectors of both kinds.

And I think that both kinds of hospitals usually spawn medical supplies up on the roof. Check inside the brown boxes as well they are usually chocked full of med gear.

You can shoot out the front glass windows of the hospitals that have them. Someone even said you can break them open with a liquor bottle thrown at them. Inside is a plethora of blood bags' date=' pills, injectors of both kinds.

And I think that both kinds of hospitals usually spawn medical supplies up on the roof. Check inside the brown boxes as well they are usually chocked full of med gear.

[/quote']

I fired, but nothing shattered. I didn't dare fire too many rounds though. I prefer not to let people (and more importantly when in town,) or zombies know where I am. I'll play around some more. I've seen the boxes, and I've managed to get on the roof before but found just a few supplies, mostly bandages.

I like now that there isn't much stuff. Challenge. Had to go through several towns until I found Alice bag, had default coyote bag till that moment.

Tho, there is still too much canned food and drinks. No danger to die to hunger...

You call that challenge, i call that boring. Walking 103830459 KM on foot to find a fucking pack is not my definition of challenge.

Going in to town at night, where there's a huge possibility of crawling up a zombies leg? Knowing that if you light a flare you will attract attention from other hunters and scavengers? Had to figure out how to remove some dude that looked fairly hostile while avoiding tripping the zombie's sensitive ears?

Shut the fuck up already' date=' it's a mod, in alpha state of course there is problems, just deal the fuck with it and be thankful the'yre so quick to release hotfixes.[/quote']

Wow you sure told me son.

Sadly my sentence concerned the TECHNICAL PROBLEMS of DayZ. Network issues and shit, not percentage and other " small " things that can easily be fixed.

But keep trying hard.

Promote Teamwork ? WHAT TEAMWORK, I SPENT ALL DAY TODAY, TRYING T GET 2 PEOPLE TO THE NW AIRFIELD.

I Finally get there, Make a safe haven for people,

Then this Asswhipe by the name Commisar Girlfriend Comes there with a sniper, SPECIFICCALLY to shoot us.

After telling people to come to the airfield, where there is Food, Water, Weapons, Everything they need.

Nooooo

NO Teamwork, Just plain assholes that think Shooting people For the shits and Giggles is Fun.

Well... thanks for your feedback but what is the relationship with your story and our subject : loot percentage and spawnplace variation ? :)

There was an error within the loot spawning code that did not accept values larger than 1. I kept wondering why rubbish did not appear more, so I kept increasing the value. Then I fixed the error (rubbish was at 2.5) and suddenly rubbish was everywhere.

This has been altered with 1.5.2, which will be released sometime today.

Sometimes (always?) fixing bugs results in other bugs. Some of these only really appear when exposed to large numbers of people.

I spent 3 Hours, to Get to that Fking Airfield, to Get the weapons i need, Then BAM - Commissar Girlfriend comes there and shoots people on purpose. wtf.

Whats with all the Pvping ffs.

And The RANDOM SPAWN.

Why

Why spawn All the way south, when shot in the north. What walk 10 000 M Again. Fuk no

There was an error within the loot spawning code that did not accept values larger than 1. I kept wondering why rubbish did not appear more' date=' so I kept increasing the value. Then I fixed the error (rubbish was at 2.5) and suddenly rubbish was everywhere.

This has been altered with 1.5.2, which will be released sometime today.

Sometimes (always?) fixing bugs results in other bugs. Some of these only really appear when exposed to large numbers of people.

[/quote']

Thank you.

Another question though, are you planning to add more spawnplaces, or " randomise " the spawnplaces ? Because having to go to the airfields everytime you want something interesting is already getting old. Like super old.

I spent 3 Hours' date=' to Get to that Fking Airfield, to Get the weapons i need, Then BAM - Commissar Girlfriend comes there and shoots people on purpose. wtf.

Whats with all the Pvping ffs.

And The RANDOM SPAWN.

Why

Why spawn All the way south, when shot in the north. What walk 10 000 M Again. Fuk no

[/quote']

I think your looking at this wrong, firstly the Airfields and Hospitals are heavily contested for a reason, they have the best gear.

Also many of the people in these areas are carrying quality weapons that will make them feel like a juicy target.

I only ever enter these places;

A) With my EU group FREELANCE

B) With sniper support/overwatch

C) After keeping an eye on the area ensuring its empty

And we do not let people come in and "help" us loot the place, these zones are too dangerous to risk "charity".

Towns, Villages and the Wilderness however are a different ball game.