PC. (DayZ)

Dayz Standalone, Do arma 2 players need to pay again?

I think they should get standalone ASAP

Why? Because Arma 2's engine is SHIT and they'd also have 29323x more freedome. Example: Creating and adding new areas, textures, enterable buildings etc

You mean like

taviana2_2.jpg

Dayz is a mod. You bought ArmA 2 for the rights to play Arma 2, which also means the current Dayz. If Dayz is made as another game, you'll need to buy the rights to play that as well.

Sh..Shion?

Yeah, like even if you aren't a fan of the single player/coop campaign stuff the freaking Warzone gametype for multiplayer is a freaking blast, played it with my clan yesterday when I hadn't updated our DayZ server yet and it was awesome.

ArmA 2 warfare is a blast, too bad most are missing out on it as there is nothing else like it.

And yes EVERYBODY will have to pay again. I'm hoping for a DLC myself as ArmA 3 is what I'm waiting for more than DayZ.

of coiurse you would, we didnt pay rocket for dayz, we paid bohemia and steam or other distributor for arma 2.

if dayz goes standalone, then we will pay rocket and his team for day z

Ha. This kid thinks people actually play Arma 2 for Arma 2.

This kid has no clue.

OP makes a good point.. I still remember that horrible day Rocket came to my house with a gun and forced me to buy ArmAII:CO for DayZ only.

No wait... I made a conciousness decision to hand over my cash in order to try out DayZ, a game mod I was more than aware was in Alpha mod and was unlikely would forever remain on the ArmaII engine.

Suck it up and stop whining.

chortle chortle chortle

OP makes a good point.. I still remember that horrible day Rocket came to my house with a gun and forced me to buy ArmAII:CO for DayZ only.

No wait... I made a conciousness decision to hand over my cash in order to try out DayZ, a game mod I was more than aware was in Alpha mod and was unlikely would forever remain on the ArmaII engine.

Suck it up and stop whining.

Screw what you are saying, i like your name :3

Giggity.

Long as they don't tack on a $50 cost. I would be willing, I enjoy the game and my $30 I paid for Arma went to Arma. I want this game to succeed so I am ok with my money going to Dayz.

Ofc we will. Although it will be a one time payment similar to MineCraft so who knows, maybe it will be cheaper in Alpha and gradually increase in price through BETA etc.

Hey guys, i got a question;

If you bought Arma 2 : CO,

Do you need to pay AGAIN for the standalone version?

Because its a little unfair when you bought arma 2 for dayz only..

Of course. Do you think they would make a standalone for no extra money? and its perfectly justifiable because DayZ is not a full game and it is not available at retail. You bought Arma 2, if you want to play DayZ standalone you will have to buy that too, DayZ the alpha mod is irrelevant in this equation.

I will not pay for it. Absolutely not. I purchased Arma 2 for DayZ. Arma 2 sucks. I didn't play it for a long time for a reason. Tried it and hated it. Essentially, I've already paid for DayZ and I won't do it again. Unless it's the Arma 3 version.

HAHAHAHA you made my forum day :) thx man

What a moron, so you dont wanna buy dayz standalone .. BUT, you would buy it, but only if it comes in the box of Arma 3 ? .. a game which you would never play because you think it sucks ?.. I see what you did there, clever clever OP. :D

you're actually required by law to buy it. and it will cost $500

next time read carefully before agreeing to the Terms of Service

Wow, why wouldn't you.

Could you get more selfish and self-centered OP.

Ha. This kid thinks people actually play Arma 2 for Arma 2.

Do you ever post anything beneficial?

Also how does that make him a kid? Are you retarded?

no, you dont have to pay again since you didnt pay dayZ. So you will have to pay Dayz standalone ,not again. You paid for arma II CO, not dayz. I paid for skyrim , not the good mods made after that. get the point? ......

Rofl, you haven't paid anything for DayZ. You've payed to play it, but you haven't done anything to help it. Yes you will have to buy the standalone. It's not at all unfair. You're lucky to be able to play at this stage in the development. Such a stupid question, how old are you?

I like ArmA, it's a pretty good game if you don't get caught up in the campaign. Lots of powerful mission editing tools, a variety of gameplay options and, of course, laser guided missiles. When I laze a thing and my buddy shoots it with a hellfire from like eight miles away, it's incredibly gratifying for both of us. Arma doesn't suck, it's just for a niche audience, the same kind of weirdos who bought A-10C or Falcon 4.0 or Plane/Train/Boat SImulator.

So anyway, you bought an incredibly nerdy toy because there was a good mod for it. Imagine you'd found a blueprint online for a really good butt plug made out of Erector Set pieces. You go out and buy the Erector Set, build the plug, and enjoy it immensely. Then the designer goes and builds a version out of custom-welded aircraft aluminum with pearlescent enamel and a custom monogram on the tip. You'd buy that, too, and then you'd have a really good butt plug and an erector set, both bought and paid for. Just because you don't really like playing with the Erector and just bought it to use the one butt plug design doesn't mean it's not a good toy and worth the purchase price, it just means that you don't play with it now that you found a new way to get what you got out of it.

What I'm saying, in a nutshell, is that you like to shove metal objects up your pooper.

Edited by Beez

...... It's pretty bad when a company's product isn't even popular until after a player makes a mod for it that is a completely different theme from the original game.

Pretty bad? ARMA was/is a hardcore soldier sim; a genre that only appeals to people who are interested in sims of that nature. DayZ came along and put a new, more appealing spin on the game. Zombie shooters are going to have a bigger fanbase than soldier sims, in the same way that MS Flight Simulator is going to be more niche than Ace Combat/ HAWX. To critisise a game because it is a niche genre is a failed argument IMO.

My memory may fail me a little, but wasn't Counter Strike originally a mod of Half Life? It then became a standalone game due to its massive success?

I wonder if people whinged because they "bought HL so they could play CS, and then they brought out CS:Source standalone and why should I pay for it again?"

DayZ is a mod, and a free one at that. Stop this 'entitled' attitude that seems rife here, DayZ & Rocket owe us nothing. Its a FREE game, and its in Alpha state too, so its going to be bugged. The mod is a success and is very likely to be released in a standalone format. When that happens, we'll have a solid, bug free game that I'll happily pay for if I'm still interested in the game by this point.

If you only bought ARMA to play DayZ, you're not retarded for doing so, as others have suggested, but it is a shame that you feel more entitled to receive discounts, preferential treatment or whatever, than people like me who've bought ARMA for the game it was, then found the mod years later.

HAHAHAHA you made my forum day :) thx man

What a moron, so you dont wanna buy dayz standalone .. BUT, you would buy it, but only if it comes in the box of Arma 3 ? .. a game which you would never play because you think it sucks ?.. I see what you did there, clever clever OP. :D

It seems contradictory at first glance. But when you get ArmA3, you get the capability for someone to create a mod that may be more amazing than dayZ.

But if you get dayZ standalone, that's all you get. No mods so if it sucks then you're stuck.