xNos

Safe Zone Idea

I think they should make small towns have the potential to become "Safe Zones" Where zombies can't spawn/get in, and pvp is disabled. So players can rest, and trade gear. Safe zones could be made by clearing out all the zombies in that town, and cading all of the main street entrances. :beans:

• Like 4

But you'll have those bandits sitting outside the Safe Zone picking off every survivor they can.

• Like 3

A good safe zone idea is not to have one

• Like 1

But you'll have those bandits sitting outside the Safe Zone picking off every survivor they can.

Then do the same to them.

I do like the idea of safe zones but really i think it would be exploited and be used stupidly so i'd suggest not adding them.

Edited by Catalogue
  • Like 1

safe zone is the dumbest idea I have heard in a while. Even more stupid than a zombie pet.

• Like 1

You'll have people hiding back with a sniper waiting for someone to walk into the town to shoot.

If you want to stand around in a city go play world of warcraft...

It's not the question of "want" even. It's basically cause there is nothing to do "out there" cause of all the instanced ;)

I wish I was a hacker, so I could spawn a ship in the middle of a field.

I'd call it Skadovsk, and set up a bar in it. We'd allow bandits and stalkers survivors alike, but your gun must be lowered at all times. Free to trade anything. There would be a doctor with a Hemoglobin addiction and a alcoholic gun technician, as well as a guy who sells extremely rare items for an absurd amount of money Mountain Dew.

• Like 3

I think they should make small towns have the potential to become "Safe Zones" Where zombies can't spawn/get in, and pvp is disabled. So players can rest, and trade gear. Safe zones could be made by clearing out all the zombies in that town, and cading all of the main street entrances. :beans:

No. If you want a safe zone, you want to play a different game.

I think they should make a zone specifically for people who ask for safe zones.

It's just a giant room separated into two halves by a single wall which has holes cut in it at regular intervals.

On one half the of the room we keep all the people who have ever asked for a safe zone. And they have to take off their pants and push their dick & balls through one of the holes.

And on the other side, zombies. Hundreds of hungry zombies.

Zombie glory holes.

That's what I'm talking about.

• Like 3

Next.

GTFO... hate forum elitists like yourself.

On a serious note, I like the idea of a safe zone (you probably got it from The War Z right?) as it would allow the community to come together and interact, though I feel that with the limitations of the Arma engine, this may not be possible and if it is, it will be extremely bugged and hackers would have a party in such areas. Rocket may also see it as less realistic. The safe zone for The War Z was the one that got me more interest, as it would allow me to play a zombie survial mmo, but still interact with a vast amount of people.

GTFO... hate forum elitists like yourself.

On a serious note, I like the idea of a safe zone (you probably got it from The War Z right?) as it would allow the community to come together and interact, though I feel that with the limitations of the Arma engine, this may not be possible and if it is, it will be extremely bugged and hackers would have a party in such areas. Rocket may also see it as less realistic. The safe zone for The War Z was the one that got me more interest, as it would allow me to play a zombie survial mmo, but still interact with a vast amount of people.

u so srs guy

Bad idea, takes away from the "spirit" and realism of the game. Too artificial and contrived. If you like the sounds of WarZ, wait for that and go play it....it will also have raids and gold coins.

I don't like the idea. There are no safe zones in a real apocalypse. Although I get my ass handed to me on the reg by bandits, I don't personally like the idea.

Is there any hill near your safezone? 600-800 meter should be far enough. If you see me with my AS50 dont shot me, im friendly

WarZ "WE HAZ SAFE ZONES GUIZ"

DayZ, We don't, don't ask, don't like?, don't play then ;)

You can kill people in the WarZ safe zones just as you can in DayZ normal towns.