WildGunsTomcat

Rocket, please read.

This thread was created to get in touch with the dev team and rocket to find out what is going on with our property, so unless ur any of them, kindly dont post here. Sick of this bashing shit, you people act like children. Oh and whoever accused us of hacking and had the wrong clan, i think you need to get ur shit straight before u post.

I <3 this community.....

no offence but this is ALPHA testing of a mod and your demanding things from them?

total disrespect towards the mod creators in my eyes

no offence but this is ALPHA testing of a mod and your demanding things from them?

So because we pay for a box and can't get access to it because Rocket was working on a legit problem....and we need to get in contact with him regarding this issue...

We're disrespectful toward the creators?

For asking about a box we've paid almost 200 bucks for?

And that makes us disrespectful?

Did you even read the OP?

Demanding things? Our box has been unable to be used for 6 days, we pay for it and rocket said he was working on it and here it is 6 days later, no word from anyone but we do however have that new server monitor program on there. This isnt about respect, its about the lack of communication.

insulting everyone doesn't really help your position

I'm not trying to insult anyone.

What I am is pissed off that we're constantly under attack from this community, and being accused of shit we didn't do.

I just got a negative rating from some dude calling me a hacker....

I've never hacked Arma EVER.

This is the kind of shit that this community has become about though.

Finger pointing and false accusations.

You need to stop with the insulting using terms like retarded, Tomcat. Do NOT use the childish, "Well, they started it ... " here.

Did you not see the post from one of your own guys saying that your Minecraft server is also not running, so maybe, just maybe, this has got sod all to do with Rocket and YOU should have done your homework before posting here.

I do not like all the vitriol directed at you in this thread, but if you retort with insults like retarded you are gonna quickly lose that sympathy I have for you. Go look at your box itself if other servers are also not running.

Dude, my fucking 6 year old cousin has better logic than this.

You need to stop with the insulting using terms like retarded' date=' Tomcat. Do NOT use the childish, "Well, they started it ... " here.

Did you not see the post from one of your own guys saying that your Minecraft server is also not running, so maybe, just maybe, this has got sod all to do with Rocket and YOU should have done your homework before posting here.

I do not like all the vitriol directed at you in this thread, but if you retort with insults like retarded you are gonna quickly lose that sympathy I have for you. Go look at your box itself if other servers are also not running.

[/quote']

Sturob. I don't believe I made myself clear. That's my mistake.

We cannot even get into the box. That's rocket's doing. Ask Nomad.

The entire box is on lockdown. We can't get into it.

We know it's the devs here, that's not in question.

Sorry I didn't make that clear, but I wouldn't have even made this thread if we could access the box.

And I'm not trying to insult, but when you're under constant fire from the community...calling you hackers when they mistake you for another clan....calling you turds...

I mean what are we supposed to do dude? You tell me what are we supposed to do?

What would any reasonable man do other than fight back?

i apoligise if your box is locked down due to this mod

it never gave that impression from the OP, just sounded a bit demanding

On a scale from 1 to 10 is this thread working as it was intended or could it have been posted in another more relevant forum, could the title of the thread have revealed more about the actual content, rather than demanding attention and does the first four pages serve to achieve it's original purpose?

On a scale from 1 to 10 is this thread working as it was intended or could it have been posted in another more relevant forum' date=' could the title of the thread have revealed more about the actual content, rather than demanding attention and does the first four pages serve to achieve it's original purpose?

[/quote']

I think that the OP pretty much says it all.

And yes, the title was meant to grab attention.

Rocket's.

How is it total disrespect when we are completely locked out of the box we pay 180$ a month for? We can't start up our Minecraft server, regular Arma server, or anything for that matter, the connections are all bounced, we're basically paying each month (as of right now) to say we have a pretty VPS. Perhaps Wildguns went about this the wrong way with the wording of the title, or perhaps people just jumped the gun and started spewing inaccuracies about Legion, thinking Legion is Goon Squad (which we are not), just as people assumed we were Pandemic Legion.

I would just like to ask the people of this forum, before you go and make anymore accusations and assumptions (remember folks, assume and it makes a ass out of you and me), please, don't hesitate to send me a PM for the correct information, or read the forums indepth. We're that group people love to hate, so I don't expect anyone to follow this, but I put it out there.

xHawk' pid='43841' dateline='1337619574']

How is it total disrespect when we are completely locked out of the box we pay 180$ a month for? We can't start up our Minecraft server' date=' regular Arma server, or anything for that matter, the connections are all bounced, we're basically paying each month (as of right now) to say we have a pretty VPS. Perhaps Wildguns went about this the wrong way with the wording of the title, or perhaps people just jumped the gun and started spewing inaccuracies about Legion, thinking Legion is Goon Squad (which we are not), just as people assumed we were Pandemic Legion.

I would just like to ask the people of this forum, before you go and make anymore accusations and assumptions (remember folks, assume and it makes a ass out of you and me), please, don't hesitate to send me a PM for the correct information, or read the forums indepth. We're that group people love to hate, so I don't expect anyone to follow this, but I put it out there.

[/quote']

Thank you.

Perhaps I could have worded the title differently, but the OP subject matter wasn't disrespectful...I just asked for a response in a businesslike and cordial manner.

Hell I even called Rocket sir.

A clan doesnt generate this much hatred by being nice/decent people, so turning around and saying everyone has no proof you are what people say is a little well, dumb. you simply do not garner such a piss poor rep if you are decent humans.

on topic however, why not use the email they use to setup servers? matt@dayzmod or whatever it was.. he deals with alot of the server stuff does he not?

A clan doesnt generate this much hatred by being nice/decent people' date=' so turning around and saying everyone has no proof you are what people say is a little well, dumb. you simply do not garner such a piss poor rep if you are decent humans.

on topic however, why not use the email they use to setup servers? matt@dayzmod or whatever it was.. he deals with alot of the server stuff does he not?

[/quote']

We garnered this much hatred because we simply policed our servers a little too harshly when we first started up.

That has been rectified and admitted to.

The simple fact is, people feel entitled. If you're on our server, and we want to make a slot for someone in the clan....we should be able to.

We pay 200 bucks a month for our servers. And it's not like we do it in a rude way, we warn people before we kick.

But, again, people feel like they're special snowflakes.

Also, the guy that had the chopper before saying we kicked him for having it...he has no real proof that anyone shut down the server because he had the chopper. It could have been a random restart or crash.

That's what I mean though, have PROOF before you accuse.

I think Rocket has bigger and better things to deal with other than some pimple face cheating clan.

The admin kept asking where I found the heli, I kept saying I did not not. Admin then said in chat "well I hope you enjoyed it while you could." then it was reset.

but hey....I am sure I could have video of the guy doing it and you still would say it wasnt enough proof.

A clan doesnt generate this much hatred by being nice/decent people' date=' so turning around and saying everyone has no proof you are what people say is a little well, dumb. you simply do not garner such a piss poor rep if you are decent humans.

[/quote']

We garnered this much hatred because we simply policed our servers a little too harshly when we first started up.

That has been rectified and admitted to.

The simple fact is, people feel entitled. If you're on our server, and we want to make a slot for someone in the clan....we should be able to.

We pay 200 bucks a month for our servers. And it's not like we do it in a rude way, we warn people before we kick.

But, again, people feel like they're special snowflakes.

Also, the guy that had the chopper before saying we kicked him for having it...he has no real proof that anyone shut down the server because he had the chopper. It could have been a random restart or crash.

That's what I mean though, have PROOF before you accuse.

Hi!

I'm sorry it has gotten time to get back to you.

We're recieving a ton of emails and we're working on setting up more servers.

Some other issues as well as the preparation of 1.5.8 update is also taking a lot of time.

This thread is not the place to discuss issues nor is posting "Rocket read this thread" going to help us process things faster. If a moderator can close this thread now that we've read it I'd appreciate it alot. To others, please refrain from posting public threads as they will not help processing problems faster.

We will get back to your mail in due time.

Best regards

Ander

DayZ Infra, DBA

Hi!

I'm sorry it has gotten time to get back to you.

We're recieving a ton of emails and we're working on setting up more servers.

Some other issues as well as the preparation of 1.5.8 update is also taking a lot of time.

This thread is not the place to discuss issues nor is posting "Rocket read this thread" going to help us process things faster. If a moderator can close this thread now that we've read it I'd appreciate it alot. To others' date=' please refrain from posting public threads as they will not help processing problems faster.

We will get back to your mail in due time.

Best regards

Ander

DayZ Infra, DBA

[/quote']

I appreciate the response.

We look forward to your response.

Just wondering but why would you allow them root/admin access to your server and give them enough permissions to lock you out of your own server?

Regardless of who they are whether the dayz team are trustworthy or not they shouldn't have full admin access to anyone's servers.

also

The rules regarding running a server do state that you cannot kick anyone to make room for someone else.

BEWARE - The same restrictions apply to Non-Dev run servers!

- IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED

- NO EXCESS KEYS OR MODS

- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES

- IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE YOUR SERVER TO THE LATEST VERSION OF DAYZ

- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.