Decaps

Is anyone NOT a murderer?

Been playing this for a couple of weeks now, feel like it's impossible to not be a murderer. I mean I'm sure we all tried to make friends at some point when we first started and met other players along the coast, but then slowly began to understand what a cruel world it is and how often our good intentions reward us with a shot to the chest. I've seen a lot of posts with people saying how they play passive, how they aren't bandits or murderers. So can ANYONE provide a screen shot of a at least day 5 or higher character with little to no murders (Only if these murders are from getting shot at first) and with actual bandit kills (because not killing players is just ridiculous, means you're either hiding in the woods 24/7 or playing on empty servers) ?

I would've been able to send you confirmation of 22 days alive with zero murders, but last night I was murdered lol

You don't need to be playing empty servers or hiding in the woods either, you just need to be patient and careful

Edited by Addicted

I wasnt until the day two "friendlies" asked for help and shot me on sight. Now I'll shoot anyone on my way but i'm usually up north so dont find many survivors.

I've got two kills currently.

One from a serverhopper inside a barracks who had just killed my friend, and another from a sniper laying in a tree-line watching a field.

I would expect these both to be bandits, but apparently the serverhopper dc's at the first sign of danger or sticks to very empty servers and the sniper is either really bad or had just started.

Very early on in the game I noticed that playing without asking questions is more rewarding than constantly trying to act like the good guy.

This is a world where you have to survive, by any means necessary, I'm not going to take my chances with a person I have never ever met before. If I see people I can do two things, first thing is evade them (if they haven't seen me yet) or I kill them. (If they have)

It's as simple as that, I am not going to take any risks because there is a chance that that new-spawn guy will find himself an axe and backrape me.

My last character was 12 days old and had only one murder (which was a complete accident... killed my buddy Luke. I asked like FIVE times "You're not moving??" "NO!" "You're not moving AT ALL DUDE, AT ALL???" "NO, I'M NOT MOVING AT ALL!!!" *BLAM* Turns out he was holding alt and looking around (which makes your head move around)

But yeah. I play as if I was actually surviving a zombie apoc. I wouldn't just murder everyone. I would kill to stay alive, if need be. But not just shoot on sight.

Nope.

typically the only people who aren't murderers are new spawns who don't have anything to murder you with... they're usually friendly and keen to group up.

I've yet to come across anyone in the northern airfields who was friendly

so far a bunch of empty good guy/passive player stories with no SS to back up anything.

I tend to keep very far away from people who are armed and just keep follow them from a far distance. If they come across someone and are actively hostile, I know to avoid them. If they are friendly with the other person, or if the other person fires first, I'll usually take the risk and see if I can help them.

I also roam the shore occasionally, looking for unarmed people who are obviously new and help them out for a little while. Usually, I'll just give them some pointers and send them on their way with my old hatchet.

I don't always live very long, so I can't really give a screenshot of the stats you would want, but it's fun to be helpful / a stalker. I don't think I've ever really had a murder though, since I'm a terrible shot. :V

I tend to keep very far away from people who are armed and just keep follow them from a far distance. If they come across someone and are actively hostile, I know to avoid them. If they are friendly with the other person, or if the other person fires first, I'll usually take the risk and see if I can help them.

I also roam the shore occasionally, looking for unarmed people who are obviously new and help them out for a little while. Usually, I'll just give them some pointers and send them on their way with my old hatchet.

I don't always live very long, so I can't really give a screenshot of the stats you would want, but it's fun to be helpful / a stalker. I don't think I've ever really had a murder though, since I'm a terrible shot. :V

Everyone is a bandit. If you aren't, you will be soon.

Also, 5 days without murdering another player takes... a normal working person spawning a character on Monday night, and then logging out and playing on a Friday like they normally would. (Just kidding, they'd be at the bar.)

Alive for 12 days now. Not a single murder, crippled one hostile, shot at a few times, friendly encounters 1.

When i see other survivors i never shoot on sight unless they have been hostile.

Alive for 12 days now. Not a single murder, crippled one hostile, shot at a few times, friendly encounters 1.

When i see other survivors i never shoot on sight unless they have been hostile.

You are really really lucky

I play every day with a friend, came under fire from a noob with a winchester and legged it into a building, then smoked and ran.

10 minutes later got aimed at with a crossbow but shouted at him and pointed an AK at him and he took the hint.

Raided the NW airfield for the first time yesterday and bloody well got infected so now in some trouble.

http://postimage.org/image/tgxheowav/

I watched two guys raiding a crash site before I got to it and my the temptation was high....

Edited by blueskin

I used to be friendly, would always tell them I'm friendly and generally try to leave them alone, they'd shoot me.

Eventually It became a "Answer me or I will shoot you." Kinda deal.

Now I play on empty servers w/ a friend or 2 for fun,

Been playing this for a couple of weeks now, feel like it's impossible to not be a murderer. I mean I'm sure we all tried to make friends at some point when we first started and met other players along the coast,

we did? no

last respawn durp through the edge of electro becasue i spawned at that crap hole and just grabbed an axe on the outskirts and left

'hey dude, im friendly dont shoot'

'wut, shoot you with my axe? it dont work that way' -me

'hahahah, hey wanan team up'

'not really, gl dude' - me

i wonder off into the woods

had a 2 weeker that had 1 murder(self defense) and spent all his time running around the map in a huge band between nwaf - slenegrosk and berezino - staroye

just dodging people and ninja looting was interesting for a while, now i do the same thing but hunt people while im at it

I watched two guys raiding a crash site before I got to it and my the temptation was high....

hey look some honesty, its tempting to just squeeze that trigger, its easy, its useful

quit making i was forced to QQ excuses(the rest of your) you chose to, it prolongs your game and you get free beanz, just be honest you kill becasue you can 95% of the time just like the rest of us

just embrase your inner asshat and have some fun

Edited by stuffnthings

Had a 16 days old character, 0 murders, 20 bandit kills, huge amount of zombie kills.

Then I got killed by a helicopter cheater.

Now I'm on 1-2 days, 1 murder (she shoot at me first thou), about 90 zombie kills and 0 bandit kills so far. Thou I almost got as good gear as before, due to lucky finds and trades.

• Like 1

if i see you before you see me i target you. if you pass fine....if you catch on and spin my way...well your probably already dead.

I had my first pvp kill 3 nights ago in the NWAF barracks, at night. I crawled out of the back room, he was silhouetted in the door. He short first, I returned fire and kept shooting. Because it was dark, I don't know at what point I killed him, because whenever I stopped firing I could still see movement and silhouettes at the door, so I keep firing. It downs on me that they're actually zombies, and then there was one right on top of me and I died. I died suddenly, so I don't know if he had hit me and I didn't realize, or if a zombie just got really lucky. Think that character was on day 3-4

Day 20

Murder 0

Helped 8 fresh spawns

Traded 3 times.

but thats just that life till now. :)

It is damn difficult not to murder in the game. Or well, its is not really difficult... It is easy not to shoot. It is just mainly stupid if you want to survive or you want to have any long lasting fun in the game.

There really often is no other sensible way to survive (other than hiding in forests and loot the small towns shooting zombies - and I can tell you it can get boring real fast. The zeds are just an annoyance, not a threat).

Even the unarmed players... As unfortunate as it is, they are more often actually hostile than friendly. Unless the guy is a real noob, he's probably a respawned bandit of some group of players and will be constantly reporting your position and weaponry to his friends over TS/mumble/skype/whatever. He may not be able to directly attack you without a weapon, but he's still indirectly working to kill you. So the unarmed players are your enemy just as likely as the armed ones. Their means of hostility are just different.

All in all, if you want to survive - you should be ready to murder and shoot even the unarmed. If you want to stick to a principle of not shooting others unless shot at, etc. - then fine, but expect to have a game experience where your life is shorter and you will be the one doing the dying. Alternatively you can live a longer but boring life by completely avoiding all other players and surving that way.

It's your call.

Whatever you do, always expect all other players to be hostile, particularly any groups. Because apart from the noobs, players in this game are mostly hostile.

During the last month or so, I don't remember encountering another high end geared player, that would have actually been friendly. The only friendlies I have encountered were ones that were unarmed or had only a hatchet.

But even from those guys, I'd say around 25% were clearly hostile. (And that's quite a lot, considering that those guys were pretty much being forced by the game NOT to be openly hostile.)... Yet, 2 hatchet guys just had to try to take a swing at me, failing at it, 2 unarmed guys just had to try to run behind me to grab stuff from my backpack despite numerous attempts to move away, 1 started to shoot at other unarmed guys the moment he found a gun, and 1 instructed his friends over external comms to ambush me, and thus actually managed to kill me. How hostile the rest of the maybe 75% unarmed/hatchet encounters would have really been, had they actually found a gun, while I was still there... I'll never know... I can only assume that probably half of them would have used the first chance they got to shoot me in the back.

And none of this hostility from the unarmed/hatchet guys was due to them thinking that I'm hostile. Obviously, if I had been hostile with my gun, then they had been dead. I would not have bothered to try to communicate with them (to which, several opted never to respond). So, I guess most unarmed guys are just bandits respawned. Probably would make most sense to just shoot them on sight.

I've been clean of murders the whole time I've played (though only played about a week now).. It's tempting to just shoot others, makes it safer and easier tbh than trying to communicate or just avoid them. I've been shot multiple times, with and without noticing the other survivor myself.

It's a pain how ridiculous the community in game seems to be. Last night, me and my friend were duo surviving on a server with 4 other players which we knew 2 to be at the south coast raiding towns (ran into them earlier and had a small chat). We decided to go to Stary Sobor and see if we could find some ammo for my friends M16. Remember that there was 4 other players on the server.. As we approached the barracks, we didn't see nor hear anyone else (was checking constantly to the hills nearby where people usually camp and saw no one) but as soon as my friend went to the barracks area while I staid to keep an over watch, boom, dead. Someone literally have been camping, on an almost empty server for prey to come by at a hill nearby. Only way I've missed him would have been him not moving at all for the past 2h which we spent in the area (super careful gameplay other than the barracks incident).

Ridiculous sometimes but guess that's the spirit of the game. Just feels frustrating sometimes. :P