Shard (DayZ)

Made a piece of art for dayz.

I made this In blender, and it took me a while to make. But I think it accurately paints a picture of the world dayz takes place in.

Thanks for seeing this.

Dayz Concept art.

Dayz.png

Edited by Shard
  • Like 3

No offense, but that is just terrible. It looks like indie-adventure game art from 1998. Should be in the gallery forum as well, not GD.

You forgot to color the AK.

There is a forum for this in Gallery.

I don't see why people are being so harsh but okay.

You are missing smooth modifiers over there. Try adding smoothing groups/chamfered edges.

Also, map those models and bake some textures if you know how to.

Good look on it.

Your AK proportions are off on most of the parts, but at least its a good start.

Try 3D Studio Max :)

I use blender too, it's awesome.

It looks like your missing some textures (scratches and so on). They really add realism to any model, even if they're basic. Also try using more subtle lighting (keylights ect.). It'll stop it looking like a 3D image. Keep on going though.

If you need any links to some good TUTS, gimme a shout.

Edited by Fraggle

I use to make weapons in 3D in my spare time as well

Check it out if you want

http://rms3d.com/Weapons.html

You will see what I mean by correct proportions for AK.

Click on any of the weapon there to open its page

Really nice work....are the wireframes the actual finished resolution? If so all bump and texture work really nice too. You should do it full time. Do you do vehicles? EDIT: Duh...you do do it full time. Edited by playZ

Really nice work....are the wireframes the actual finished resolution? If so all bump and texture work really nice too. You should do it full time. Do you do vehicles?

thank you for such nice words sir

I havent been doing vehicles in my free time, but I've done a few before in my career

I do actually do this for a living :)

I use to make weapons in 3D in my spare time as well

Check it out if you want

http://rms3d.com/Weapons.html

You will see what I mean by correct proportions for AK.

Click on any of the weapon there to open its page

Yep, they make mine look like trash lol. Awesome stuff

Yep, they make mine look like trash lol. Awesome stuff

Dont say that !!!

Yours look great my friend. Dont ever stop what you are doing. The more you do it, the better you become at it. Blender is a great tool to start with. You sure have a talent and most importantly you have desire and passion for this.

Try steping up a little bit into the next territory. Try getting yourself a copy of 3D Studio Max and downloading a few tutorials. Its a very powerful tool, especially for modeling, texturing, materials and lighting.

You will fall in love with it, and next thing you know, you will be making models and playing with them in a comercial engine.

Never give up what you love my friend. You doing GREAT !!!

Yeah..your resume is impressive. I've been teaching myself maya for awhile. I've gotten paid once...woot.

Edited by playZ

Yeah..your resume is impressive. I've been teaching myself maya for awhile. I've gotten paid once...woot.

Thanks again PlayZ

My resume is old :)

I have a lot more bigger adventures now that Im working on.

Maya is a great tool as well. Very flexible and resoursful. Most of our artists at our company love it

Dont say that !!!

Yours look great my friend. Dont ever stop what you are doing. The more you do it, the better you become at it. Blender is a great tool to start with. You sure have a talent and most importantly you have desire and passion for this.

Try steping up a little bit into the next territory. Try getting yourself a copy of 3D Studio Max and downloading a few tutorials. Its a very powerful tool, especially for modeling, texturing, materials and lighting.

You will fall in love with it, and next thing you know, you will be making models and playing with them in a comercial engine.

Never give up what you love my friend. You doing GREAT !!!

I have 3d Studio max. But I find it too different to learn. So I've gotten into a bad habit of not using it. I'll try more often, as it is better.

I have 3d Studio max. But I find it too different to learn. So I've gotten into a bad habit of not using it. I'll try more often, as it is better.

never be affraid to try new things (minus the drugs of course :D )

3D Studio Max could get somewhat confusing for a new person, but the best way to learn besides video tutorials is to start pressing all the buttons :)

The more people learn, the more amazing mods like Day Z will come out. Because tools are there for us to use, it just takes people to use them