_Gunslinger_

Bandits, Paranoids and Scumbags

You don't want to punish the guys who head north, put the effort into acquiring decent gear (either through searching, theft or murder) and pick fights with other well-equipped players. They're actually playing the game and Rocket wholesale supports murdering in that context. I don't mind getting blown away and losing my gear to a bandit with a sniper rifle, I had the capacity to fight back, and if I didn't see him it's my own damn fault.

Watch one of those so called bandits die, and right after he respawns, you would not notice the difference between the bandit, and the scumbag. They both grab the lee enfield they come across, they both use it to shoot every player they come across indiscriminately and take whatever there is worth taking on them (if they bother to take the risk to actually loot the body).

Unfortunately mrducky has a point. It's a slippery slope to navigate. The only suggestion I can make there is based on that Threat variable I mentioned earlier. You get a bandit skin if you continue to murder players with a Threat value significantly lower than your own. It makes genuine PvP bandits a little more cautious during their fresh spawn (is this guy worth killing?) and very quickly comes down on players that wage a sustained campaign on the coast. You'd still have players duking it out with Enfields and pistols, but that's more acceptable in the scope of the game. You are armed and have the capacity to fight back, and you're a genuine threat to the other player.

So you're the type who takes advantage of the people who try and remain civil toward each other? You're killing the game dude, and would get put into place if people knew what you do.

How is this man "killing the game."

I want you to give me 5 dot points as to why banditry kills on players is ruining the game. If anything, this game without the PvP aspect would have floundered and become incredibly stale within a few weeks.

No, instead the game is 700k + strong, and only the vocal minority are the ones complaining day in, day out about it.

Its starting to become pathetic now. I've been on the forums for maybe 2 weeks now, and there is a thread like this every 5 minutes.

If you have nothing constructive to add to the "Pro PvE/Whiners/Anti-PvP" discussion, stop posting this dribble. Please, for all our sakes.

• Like 2

Proud to be a Scumbag. Except I'm a classy, CoD hating scumbag. Sporting an AS50 and over 100 kills to my name.

There needs to be some kind of consequence to murder
some kind of consequence to murder
consequence to murder

Stop whining and do something about it. You have to be the consequence to murder.

I am the hero that Cherno deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

So you'll hunt me, because I can respawn.

So you're the type who takes advantage of the people who try and remain civil toward each other? You're killing the game dude, and would get put into place if people knew what you do.

Carefull, you're going to make me cry !!!

Honnestly, PVP is what makes the game intresting, from a certain point, which you do not yet seem to have reached, the game becomes booring ...

- Zombies:

Once you know how to avoid them, how to kill them without any weapons (I know how to), how to dump a train of zombies you freshly gathered for fun on another player (done it alot, it's extremly fun ^^), once you are able to go through a town, loot all the stuff you need and get out, loot helicopters using Flares ... Zombies become toys, harmless little things, a booring mechanic that happens to be part of the game.

- Players:

Well, players are all 3 of those "choices" combined.

Irl, a man will kill another if it allows him to survive for just 1 more day ... you probably have no idea of what human nature really is, as most of you little scums have grown up in a bubble called carebear land. I was doing studies to become a thanatopracter, when you learn to deal with real dead people on a daily basis, you are on the front line of what humanity really is. Restoring mutilated people to make them look calm on their death bed is not an easy thing to do ... going to get the deceased body of an old person who has been abandoned by their familie ... yeah human nature sure is that pretty cute little thing you have been tought, when in reality, it's so far from the idea people have tought you.

So quit the crap, there are no "good samaritans", there will be even less in a real zapocalipse ... when one is forced to survive, he will do what ever he deems necessary, and that includes eliminating any threat before it has the possibility to hatch.

- Bandits:

Thay no longer exist ... and believe me, it's not because people shoot eachother on sight, that is but the meer concenquence ...

It no longer exists because people have "discovered" how to save their lives using Alt+F4 / Abort-Disconnect ... if people stayed in game, banditry, robbing people would still exist, and would make for extremly fun videos on youtube ...

If anything, it's really people who only care about Gear who are destroying the game.

WHY ?

Well, thay spend time gathering gear, thay get paranoid about losing their gear, and start shooting on sight ... I have passed that stage, I have matured within the game.

I am role playing the Bandit/Hunter, cause I enjoy "punishing" the greedy little scums that you are ...

You don't see bandits come to the forum whining cause thay lost their gear, or because thay got killed ...

No, I get killed, cool Well played to the person who managed to kill me. Here is a video of me saying GG to a person who killed me using my Admin "powers".

I did not kick him, I said GG ... So how am I the one damaging the game ?

Please come back an cry more, so I can fill my canteen and quench my thirst on your tears.

Edited by P5ykoOHD
  • Like 1

I don't even stay around main cities so i never run into "cod kiddies" except when i respawn, but i still don't understand the enjoyment you can get out of killing unarmed/lightly armed players. What really pisses me off is that people don't understand the difference between "bandits" and "pkers/Cod Kids". Bandits like you said kill because they want your items (beans).

But the guy sitting on the Cherno towers with a scoped rifle is not a Bandit, he's an asshole.

Enough with the threads ranting about how dangerous areas are. They aren't. You're lucky to see anyone. Be glad you even got a bullet to the chest.

Anyone else find if funny that a person going by the name "Gunslinger" is crying about people who kill other people? I think it's great. lol

This is a simulator, and in the zombie apocalypse there will be people killing other people for any number of reasons. If you don't like this you should probably play a new game and maybe change your name. hi.

How is this man "killing the game."

I want you to give me 5 dot points as to why banditry kills on players is ruining the game. If anything, this game without the PvP aspect would have floundered and become incredibly stale within a few weeks.

No, instead the game is 700k + strong, and only the vocal minority are the ones complaining day in, day out about it.

Its starting to become pathetic now. I've been on the forums for maybe 2 weeks now, and there is a thread like this every 5 minutes.

If you have nothing constructive to add to the "Pro PvE/Whiners/Anti-PvP" discussion, stop posting this dribble. Please, for all our sakes.

Murders prey upon people, taking advantage of anthers civility to ensure they get the first shot and kill, often calling out "friendly" before shooting them to help them gain advantage when the opportunity presents itself. This creates a hostile and distrustful gaming community with limited social interaction opportunities, an environment counter to the purpose of online gaming. This impairs community growth and is counter-productive for positive communal experiences, as we can see in just about any topic on the forums. This is highlighted in the Fort Friendly attempt to create a friendly ingame environment for players who want to come and socialize, possibly even finding team members for a party and pick up basic supplies. Despite the initial success of the project It attracted people who just wanted to kill other people and brag about how they destroyed a communal project within just two days.

The case is furthered by the fact that just a month ago the average life expectancy was over 4 hours, with murders being far less common than it is today, and banditry was actually 'positive' and immersive thing. Now people are shooting each other for no reason and causing major upheavals within the DayZ community. Banditry has been hijacked by the CoD murderers and this has caused a massive and sudden drop in life expectancy to just 35 minutes. You say that those who are upset by pointless killings represent only a "minority" but what proof do you have? Forumites represent a very small percentage of the community who are largely voiceless in game. Yet developers use it as a sample of the larger customer base on many occasions. if you have a forum community of 1000 people, and 80% are unhappy with X feature, chances are they will accurately represent the much larger community who do not post on social forums.

I don't see many people at all asking that PvP be removed, and i'd be quite against the idea.Instead it needs to be tweaked, possibly opening up Opfor for bandits (or murders now I should say) and turn off friendly fire- or reduce the damage inflicted by it. This way murders can't antagonize the community at will, and survivors can see that they are a bandit and not friendly. This would largely eliminate the biggest complaints within the community and still provide PvP that makes the game so paranoidly fun.

Murders prey upon people, taking advantage of anthers civility to ensure they get the first shot and kill, often calling out "friendly" before shooting them to help them gain advantage when the opportunity presents itself. This creates a hostile and distrustful gaming community with limited social interaction opportunities, an environment counter to the purpose of online gaming. This impairs community growth and is counter-productive for positive communal experiences, as we can see in just about any topic on the forums. This is highlighted in the Fort Friendly attempt to create a friendly ingame environment for players who want to come and socialize, possibly even finding team members for a party and pick up basic supplies. Despite the initial success of the project It attracted people who just wanted to kill other people and brag about how they destroyed a communal project within just two days.

The case is furthered by the fact that just a month ago the average life expectancy was over 4 hours, with murders being far less common than it is today, and banditry was actually 'positive' and immersive thing. Now people are shooting each other for no reason and causing major upheavals within the DayZ community. Banditry has been hijacked by the CoD murderers and this has caused a massive and sudden drop in life expectancy to just 35 minutes. You say that those who are upset by pointless killings represent only a "minority" but what proof do you have? Forumites represent a very small percentage of the community who are largely voiceless in game. Yet developers use it as a sample of the larger customer base on many occasions. if you have a forum community of 1000 people, and 80% are unhappy with X feature, chances are they will accurately represent the much larger community who do not post on social forums.

I don't see many people at all asking that PvP be removed, and i'd be quite against the idea.Instead it needs to be tweaked, possibly opening up Opfor for bandits (or murders now I should say) and turn off friendly fire- or reduce the damage inflicted by it. This way murders can't antagonize the community at will, and survivors can see that they are a bandit and not friendly. This would largely eliminate the biggest complaints within the community and still provide PvP that makes the game so paranoidly fun.

Yes in a perfect world there would be a change to PvP.

Unfortunately its the zombie apocalypse.

And it looks to be 50/50 with the amount of people who like PvP the way it is and those who hate it.

You just don't see the people who enjoy the PvP, because they have nothing to whine about.

• Like 1

You guys forget 1 MAJOR thing ...

Life expectancy is not dictated by the murders / kills ... it is massivly influenced by the fact people "Respawn" to find better spawns ... murders being only a little part in the cause of those respawns.

The numbers do not reflect the reality of the situation.

If people stopped chain respawning till thay got to where thay want to respawn, the life expectancy would go sky high.

That stuck out, and I didn't read the rest because of it. ;)

You might want to read the rest. jus to have a littme more insight.

Always fun to see that the player killing devotees (zealots) first defence of their chosen play style involves rabidly frothing at the mouth and accusing anyone whose opinions differ from theirs of being butthurt and crying.

All this despite Rockets assurances that he has no intention of changing PvP as it stands.

Their well developed persecution complexes border on outright paranoia and their immediate response is to attack others for expressing their own opinions. Whilst their own butthurt and tears drench the forums in almost every thread that they feel differs from their view of DayZ.

I'm not sure whether to describe it as ironic or simply as hypocrisy?

Personally, I think Rocket revels in their tears as much as he revels in the tears of those they disagree with.

Edited by heretic
  • Like 1

Kinda tired of all the hate on CoD, sure the series has gone to utter shit but at least one good thing came from it. Promod (mainly for CoD4) would like to see anyone on these forums be great at that and still carry on the way they do here.

On topic: "There needs to be some kind of consequence to murder" = No. If i murder in self defense, i should get punished?

CoD 4 and ProMod were the last good days of the series.

I shoot everyone (almost) and I LOVE it when they rage, "we were no threat to you, you cunts" etc etc makes me smile. This is mostly up in the north to be fair where people may have taken hours to get up to the airfield or starry and have at least that to lose, lol.