whatup2003

Get rid of all the sniper rifles

Because once people get sniper rifles and/or rangefinders, all they do is camping in the woods outside of high population areas and snipe people. (I know most of the people I know did it, so did I for a brief period of time). At this point you are so far away from the zeds and you don't feel that this is a zombie appcalypse survival game at all. It's more like a sniping game with "zombie: the human detector" game.

Please consider getting rid of all the sniper rifles so everyone will need to get their hands dirty in some real zombie action.

TL;DR: Dayz shouldn't be a "Sniper Elite multiplayer with zombies in the distance as decorations". AND NO, I'm not the "snipee", this is your bored sniper speaking.

EDIT: I made the title of OP a bit extreme to raise attention, but I can settle with having less powerful snipers, less sniper and their ammo spawns, and fix the ammo bug.

Edited by realm13
  • Like 8

Aw, you need a tissue?

Any idea how hard it is to even obtain a rifle in this game? Even the most common, CZ 550, has less than a 2% rate I believe.

• Like 2

Nope.

Survival game.

Not allowed to kill each other.

Removing one of the biggest and most useful weaponry in the game.

Nope.

• Like 5

So cute, he even have carebear-like avatar.

I own an AS-50 and rangefinder and I don't go snipe people on the coast. I let this for the useless scum, I have more important work to do.

• Like 2

Just to be clear, I'm not "butthurt" because I get sniped. I'm bored because all that left for me is to snipe people with my sniper buddies. I'm perfectly fine with PVP, but sniping makes it too easy. That's what I meant.

• Like 2

So cute, he even have carebear-like avatar.

I own an AS-50 and rangefinder and I don't go snipe people on the coast. I let this for the useless scum, I have more important work to do.

You mean sit behind the screen, shooting people in a game & feel important?

I'm amazed by how many kiddies jump into conclusion of me being the victim of sniping even when I said I was being the sniper myself in the OP. WTF people, can't you read anything beside the title of the post?

Edited by realm13
  • Like 1

Nope.

Survival game.

Not allowed to kill each other.

Removing one of the biggest and most useful weaponry in the game.

Nope.

Why the hell would you like to REMOVE weapons?

Edited by Tiaitchsi

I'm amazed by how many kiddies jump into conclusion...

its not a surprise to see a post like this from person who has 13 in nickname. this supposed to be age right?

Because sniper rifles take you out of the immersion of the zombie appocalypse feeling. Because sniper rifles makes the "end game" too easy thus too boring. Also because of the mag glitch where you can loot 1 mag and sit in the woods forever without finding more.

Need any more reasons?

• Like 1

I'm amazed by how many kiddies jump into conclusion of me being the victim of sniping even when I said I was being the sniper myself in the OP. WTF people, can't you read anything beside the title of the post?

How about instead of actually whining about snipers, you move your arse away from the beach and play the game properly?

Shooting a weapon takes alot of concentration and skill when at range.just look at all the videos on you tube of guys missing at freaking 100 yards.You watch the videos and see the barrel moving from breathing.But in A2 it seems easy.No knock on dayz as it uses A2.Would love to see a system added where the weapon sway is erratic but in a small circle and when you hold Rmouse it stabilizes over say 3 seconds to where it is now....then just stays there for a second and back to erratic.Something to simulate the concentrating right before trigger pull.

its not a surprise to see a post like this from person who has 13 in nickname. this supposed to be age right?

No, it's my lucky number. I'm probably older than all you kiddies on this forum.

How about instead of actually whining about snipers, you move your arse away from the beach and play the game properly?

Play what game? I already have everything. I don't need to replenish anything beside water and food. I can stay in the woods forever. Tell me what's left to do.

The CZ and the DMR should stay. Maybe the m24 too. But the noob rifles (M107 and AS50) should go because at least the first 3 require a bit of practice to use. Maybe then there will be less nubs wanting to be Charles Whitman.

Shooting a weapon takes alot of concentration and skill when at range.just look at all the videos on you tube of guys missing at freaking 100 yards.You watch the videos and see the barrel moving from breathing.But in A2 it seems easy.No knock on dayz as it uses A2.Would love to see a system added where the weapon sway is erratic but in a small circle and when you hold Rmouse it stabilizes over say 3 seconds to where it is now....then just stays there for a second and back to erratic.Something to simulate the concentrating right before trigger pull.

I'm not saying sniping doesn't take skill. I'm saying staying in the woods and sniping totally kills the feeling of a ZOMBIE appocalypse game.

Lets get rid of the guns altogether and... the "zombies", as you put it, too. Who likes dying? Not you, no.

Lets replace the "zombies" with ponies and replace the guns with cute accessories! That would be the perfect game for you wouldn't it?

Oh wait, that already exists:

http://www.hasbro.co...:en_MY&DUMPIT=0

Off you go.

Edited by itputsthelotion
  • Like 2

Unconstructive thread is unconstructive.

• Like 1

Lets get rid of the guns altogether and... the "zombies", as you put it, too. Who likes dying? Not you, no.

Lets replace the "zombies" with ponies and replace the guns with cute accessories! That would be the perfect game for you wouldn't it?

Oh wait, that already exists:

http://www.hasbro.co...:en_MY&DUMPIT=0

Off you go.

Clearly your low IQ prevents you from comprehending my point in this thread.

Off YOU go.

• Like 1

Unconstructive thread is unconstructive.

Useless reply is useless.

Bird brain is bird brain.

Herp derp.

• Like 1

Name one successful zombie game with people safely sitting miles away from any zombie threat and picking people off with snipers.

Just name one and I'll be going.

No. Just no. Learn to build yourself to the top of the food chain instead of whining about it.