Lazee

Should I use M107 mag or AS50 NATO mag for my AS50?

Hey guys so which mags should I use for my AS50, I know the 5rnd NATO mags do alot more damage but does this actually make a difference. For example if im sniping at really long ranges such as 900m-1600m will the lesser damage of the M107 mags coupled with damage drop off prevent me from getting a 1shot 1kill?

Cheers

Laze

I'd imagine the difference would be negligible, but I'm no expert on .50 caliber sniper rifles.

What he said lol ^^ /beat me to it.

Edited by Blindingsun

Should use the AS50 rounds for sure.

Something little people know is that the AS50 with M107 rounds becomes terribly inaccurate.

Only with its own rounds it will be pinpoint accurate.

Proof:

The same is true for STANAG vs STANAG SD mags with the M4A1 Holo. The holographic sight isn't accurate if you use SD mags.

Edited by chaR

Something little people know is that the AS50 with M107 rounds becomes terribly inaccurate.

well that's funny cos I was using my as50 with 107 rounds just 5 mins ago and was getting headshots at 500 meters on zeds. no problems. it's not inaccurate at all. sorry.

well that's funny cos I was using my as50 with 107 rounds just 5 mins ago and was getting headshots at 500 meters on zeds. no problems. it's not inaccurate at all. sorry.

500meters is nothing though. I do that shit with my M14 AIM.

Edited by chaR
  • Like 1

500meters is nothing though.

fairly is considering the fogging in game recently cuts the map off at 700m most of the time.

Yeah in DayZ M107 and AS50 mags are just as accurate as each other.

However SD rounds with unsilenced weapons have less power and thus a larger drop off

fairly is considering the fogging in game recently cuts the map off at 700m most of the time.

Fog shifts incase you havn't noticed. I've sniped a guy at 1100meters.

EDIT: And pretty sure I couldve sniped even further if he was further.

Edited by chaR

Proof:

The same is true for STANAG vs STANAG SD mags with the M4A1 Holo. The holographic sight isn't accurate if you use SD mags.

I don't get that video.. the target is at 1000 m, yet he zeroes it to 400 and uses the mil dots like a DMR? Why not just zero it to 1000 and use the centre of the crosshair?!

there is a difference in long shots,with m107 bullet you need to give 1 mil more then with original NATO as I know.

also the AS bullet hit (the black point on the wall when the bullet hit) is x2 bigger then m107 bullet.

probably more gunpowder there...

thats at 500m...go longer and you'll see the difference...and by longer i'm talking about 1000+ meters.

Gl sniping people at 1k+ on DayZ

Fog shifts incase you havn't noticed. I've sniped a guy at 1100meters.

EDIT: And pretty sure I couldve sniped even further if he was further.

• Like 1

...its not hard to snipe at 1k m+ luckily this mod doesn't have the wind to take into effect like the ACE mod does. but a static player at 1k is just as easy as a player at 500m. if you have issues hitting a moving target downrange, suggest you download the ace mod and hit the sniper training, moving target at 500 all the way to 1000 i believe.

I don't get that video.. the target is at 1000 m, yet he zeroes it to 400 and uses the mil dots like a DMR? Why not just zero it to 1000 and use the centre of the crosshair?!

He's using the mildots to show the difference between both rounds. If he had set both to 1000 meters, then the round would have hit the same point with both guns.

I doubt anybody has sniped anything at 1000+ meters since Arma2 patch 1.62...

AS50 mag is quieter too. It's damage is extremely cool, however, if you don't have enough mags, use M107 for PVP (still 1-hit kill and easier to find) and AS for vehicles. Honestly though, 30 AS50 rounds (6 mags) is heaps, as usually you won't get that many kills before you disconnect.