Dr Wasteland MD

Need Medical Assistance? We can help.

Aspiring European medic at your service!

Right, I've been meaning to put my name up here for a long time.

I've been looking for a change of pace and I don't want to succumb to banditry so I wish to do what I enjoy the most; help others.

Should you find yourself on DE, SE, UK or LU servers and needing help, look me up!

You'll find me under the same name on Steam or via a PM here on the forums.

Steam: trimethylxanthine

While I can't get anyone to vouch for me at this time, I hope you believe me when I say that you have nothing to fear from this coffee fueled Norwegian! :)

Edited by trimethylxanthine

Hey Guys need some Medical Assistance. I'm near Novy Sobor and have 4.2k blood, I have a blood bag on me and just need someone to give it to me :)

Steam name: Proudy1032

Hey folks sorry to bother you im just after climbing a ladder only for my player to not end up on the ledge and have there for broken my leg, ive managed to crawl to a barn co: 025 106 i know im sort of in a shitty place and if its to much out of your way dont worry about it but any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

[...] ive managed to crawl to a barn co: 025 106 [...]

You're in my domain now. Add me on steam (link in my profile) and we can discuss how to proceed.

• Like 1

Medic needs medical assistance!

Near Green mt. need a blood pack after being shot 3-4 times with a makarov :P. Think I'm left with around 1500 blood.

I just wanted to post to say a massive thanks to "Trimethylxanthine".

He came and rescued me just outside if Grishino earlier today. I was at 2000 blood and starving. He travelled a long way, patched me up to full health and gave me some food. We stuck together for a couple of hours and raided the NW Airfield pretty successfully.

In return I took him to my camp and have made it available for him and any of his trusted friends to use. I've also offered my services if he needs any assistance in the future.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

Thanks to Lynx for coming to help out :)

Also the two guys who offered to help, sorry didn't post sooner.

edit: I reposted this story on reddit - http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/wv3kb/how_i_made_a_new_friend_in_the_apocalypse/

Please leave an upvote if you like :D

Just thought I'd share this story. Just a heads up though it isn't your typical after-action report because I didn't receive a distress call here on the forums. The medical emergency arose while in-game!

So there I was trying to pitch a tent near Berezino. After what seemed like forever I finally got one really well hidden but it was stuck inside a tree and after I tried maneuvering around to target it without success the tent/tree broke my leg and somehow I died.

So I had to start over. No big deal. I managed to spawn in Komarovo. I ran through Balota picking up some basic supplies and found an mp5a5 (not my favorite gun but will have to do) I found 2 g17 mags and 3 mp5 mags and 1 mp5sd mag. After rummaging for supplies I ran into another survivor in the open field north of Elektro. I saw that he was unarmed and he saw that I had the mp5. I started saluting him and told him I was not going to hurt him. He cautiously approached and I told him he was welcome to join me. I was headed toward a barn closeby.

After some running we had some zombies on us which I took out with my mp5 (had to kill a ton of them) and even with something like 50 headshots and 70 zombie kills I was now running low on ammo. We finally got to the barn and I showed my new friend a hatchet in the barn that he should pick up. I then taught him how to equip and use the hatchet.

Moments later he accidentally fell from one of the higher platforms and broke his leg and started bleeding. I bandaged him up and told him I didn't have any of my medical supplies on me even though I am a medic. We were in the barn north of Topolka dam. He was unconscious at this point so I dragged him in the corner of the barn and told him I could run and get medical supplies in Elektro. Even though it's a dangerous area I know my way around it pretty well and it was the closest hospital where I could find what I needed to help him.

I gave him my steam and skype info and told him we should message each other on skype if something were to go wrong. By now it was getting really dark and I lit some blue chemlights in the barn so he could still see. I made sure he was good on food and water and I left to get supplies to help my new friend. After a long run I ended up in Elektro and in the middle of my route in the supermarket I hear footsteps. I ready my mp5 and as I check from the back of the store and look into the store another player comes and opens the door behind me and kills me with an axe (I was already pretty low on blood - about 6k). I hear maniacal laughter as he murders me with his axe.

Luckily I now spawn in Prigorodky and tell my new friend I may still be able to help him yet. Double timing towards Elektro I found some basic supplies along the way including some food, water, bandages, roadflares, chemlights, and a Winchester with an absurd amount of ammo (6 or 7 mags). Anyway I get to Elektro and find about 8 dead survivor bodies on my route. I quickly go through the supermarket and the church (I find a czech backpack) and finally get to the hospital where I load up on my medical supplies (2 epi pens, 5 blood bags, 5 morphines).

I then escape out of Elektro and head north toward my friend. Along the way I run into a few zombies but kill them with my winchester. This was really scary because it was now so dark I couldn't see 5m in front of me. It got even scarier now that I had to light a chemlight and carry it as I ran for the barn.

After what seemed like an epic journey I finally get to the barn and find my friend unconscious in the barn. I drag him to a safer spot in the barn and administer epinephrine to wake him up (he said his unconscious timer was ridiculously long). I then administer morphine and fix his leg. I then gave him a blood transfusion. I look around the barn and find a Lee Enfield with 3 mags. I upgrade to the Lee Enfield and give the 7 mags of my Winchester to my new friend who had found his own Winchester in the barn while I was gone.

I commend him for not exiting out of the game while he had a broken leg and was low on blood passing out constantly. He said a few times a couple zombies came into the barn and almost started eating him but he blew them away with his new Wnchester he found in the barn while I was gone.

During the entire time I ran to get supplies I was now on skype with my new friend and his other friend. His friend was telling him how lucky he is that I didn't shoot him like 99% of the players in DayZ would have. I could tell they were both pretty new to the game. Hell I've only been playing for about a week or two. Anyway my gear (on my old corpse) be damned I made two new friends and experienced this incredible rescue mission.

Edited by dcjoker
  • Like 6

I got into a firefight recently, and luckily I came out on top after he broke my legs and thought I was dead.

Anywho, I'm far outside the borders of Cherno with 1.7k blood and no life line.

Could I perhaps get a response?

EDIT: Maybe later today. I'm going to take a nap. :P

Edited by Vanglory

Big shout out and an even bigger thanks to LYNX for fixing my broken leg, and even having the generosity to leave me an extra dose of morphine! Cheers dude!

Well it comes to this... a freaking infection.

I guess I've been around the block a while... I was here when the outbreak first happened. Who woulda thought the Mayans were right and 2012 really was the end of the world? What a bitch I thought at the time... I lost my wife to cancer 3 years ago and now I see her as the lucky one. I had to watch her go through some of the most terrible things medical science can do to the human body and it wasn't enough to save her. But that didn't even come close to when the outbreak started. I saw my neighbor Oleg Kavorsky eat his own son... which gave me just enough time to get the hell out of Dodge. I still sometimes cry myself to sleep when that horrible memory surfaces. There's not enough whiskey left in this world to drown that out.

But you adapt, you survive. I saw humanity at its absolute worst... uninfected humans killing other survivors. And for what? An empty soda can? You'd think we'd band together and try and ride this out but no. This... this is bigger than something like the Nazis or the Japanese or even an alien invasion. This overrides any possible decency we could have for each other. But I couldn't become an animal like everyone else... I just couldn't. Maybe it's the memory of Miska Kavorsky looking at me while his father feasted on his entrails, those 9 year-old doe eyes begging me to do something.

Don't get me wrong, I've killed other humans... but only when I HAD TO. When I was pushed to it. And I still throw up every time afterwards. So I stay away from human contact, mostly stick to myself and the wilderness. You never think that all the stuff you learned and loved in the Young Pioneers - things like map reading, starting a fire, telling time and direction without a watch or compass - you'd never think those skills would serve you well down the road.

There's been a couple bright spots however... you take the little victories in life, right? I've managed to reach some true friends via VHF radios. We keep each others' spirits up and going. But still, it's a lonely existence. And every now and then, I'll have to make my way into town to get some supplies, hoping I don't run into any bandit groups that seem to be forming up all along the countryside.

Unfortunately, my last trip into town, I got lazy. I went in with my hatchet, to stay silent more from humans than Zeds. Normally, I sneak in, do my business, and get the hell out. Maybe I was thinking about Miska, maybe I was thinking about my wife, I dunno... but I felt rage, pure unadulterated rage and felt the need to kill some Zeds. Just to get it out. So I went after them, just started losing it and hacking at any walker I came across.

When I was done and was making my way back to my little home in the woods, I noticed a scratch on my left arm... or was it a bite mark? Soon after, I started coughing... and the coughing never went away. Maybe it's just a cold, I'd tell myself. The next few days I rested, drank and ate to keep my health up. I even started a fire, something I'm not apt to do as it attracts bandits. None of that helped. And then I realized...

Infection.

So here I am, just laying on my back looking at the stars on a hill top west of Sosnovka... and wondering when the infection will take me. I know I need antibiotics but I might as well ask for the Kremlin jewels while I'm at. So I can only hope that when the infection takes me, and I'll hopefully rejoin my wife in the afterlife, that I'll be whole and human, and not a Zed... not a monster.

• Like 3

This is *NOT* a medical emergency, just a request for assistance from a fellow medic or survivor sided with us.

I need to get a tent set up somewhere on the east coast, but it seems fate has deemed that I simply cannot find one to get up and going when I need one. I've taken a few bites but not bad (about 9k, not an emergency) and am loaded with supplies something fierce. If anyone is available to help me pitch a tent (giggity) I would appreciate the aid.

• Like 1

letonator,

look me up on steam. i have some tents and i can certainly spare one for medics. my steam name is the same as my forum name

anyone near mogilevka on 3k blood and bleeding out can show you a heli crash site what isnt far for you troubles

I guess I've been around the block a while... I was here when the outbreak first happened. Who woulda thought the Mayans were right and 2012 really was the end of the world? What a bitch I thought at the time... I lost my wife to cancer 3 years ago and now I see her as the lucky one. I had to watch her go through some of the most terrible things medical science can do to the human body and it wasn't enough to save her. But that didn't even come close to when the outbreak started. I saw my neighbor Oleg Kavorsky eat his own son... which gave me just enough time to get the hell out of Dodge. I still sometimes cry myself to sleep when that horrible memory surfaces. There's not enough whiskey left in this world to drown that out.

But you adapt, you survive. I saw humanity at its absolute worst... uninfected humans killing other survivors. And for what? An empty soda can? You'd think we'd band together and try and ride this out but no. This... this is bigger than something like the Nazis or the Japanese or even an alien invasion. This overrides any possible decency we could have for each other. But I couldn't become an animal like everyone else... I just couldn't. Maybe it's the memory of Miska Kavorsky looking at me while his father feasted on his entrails, those 9 year-old doe eyes begging me to do something.

Don't get me wrong, I've killed other humans... but only when I HAD TO. When I was pushed to it. And I still throw up every time afterwards. So I stay away from human contact, mostly stick to myself and the wilderness. You never think that all the stuff you learned and loved in the Young Pioneers - things like map reading, starting a fire, telling time and direction without a watch or compass - you'd never think those skills would serve you well down the road.

There's been a couple bright spots however... you take the little victories in life, right? I've managed to reach some true friends via VHF radios. We keep each others' spirits up and going. But still, it's a lonely existence. And every now and then, I'll have to make my way into town to get some supplies, hoping I don't run into any bandit groups that seem to be forming up all along the countryside.

Unfortunately, my last trip into town, I got lazy. I went in with my hatchet, to stay silent more from humans than Zeds. Normally, I sneak in, do my business, and get the hell out. Maybe I was thinking about Miska, maybe I was thinking about my wife, I dunno... but I felt rage, pure unadulterated rage and felt the need to kill some Zeds. Just to get it out. So I went after them, just started losing it and hacking at any walker I came across.

When I was done and was making my way back to my little home in the woods, I noticed a scratch on my left arm... or was it a bite mark? Soon after, I started coughing... and the coughing never went away. Maybe it's just a cold, I'd tell myself. The next few days I rested, drank and ate to keep my health up. I even started a fire, something I'm not apt to do as it attracts bandits. None of that helped. And then I realized...

Infection.

So here I am, just laying on my back looking at the stars on a hill top west of Sosnovka... and wondering when the infection will take me. I know I need antibiotics but I might as well ask for the Kremlin jewels while I'm at. So I can only hope that when the infection takes me, and I'll hopefully rejoin my wife in the afterlife, that I'll be whole and human, and not a Zed... not a monster.

Good read, better news. That infection will not kill you. Not ever. It will lower your max blood, but it won't claim you. Antibiotics pop up every now an then (in fact, a guy posted the other day that he had 3 packs.. you may want to search this thread and PM him). Just stay alive until a pack surfaces.

• Like 2

Ah medic close to kozlovoka i have a broken leg and would love some morphine if anyone is able to assist?

Kyle, you're absolutely correct about the infection of course but there are a couple of points for Kken to remember.

1. The coughing MAY tend to aggro Zombies and alert nearby players. I don't know if anyone has confirmed that but it's certainly possible and I believe the "Infection" thread by the Surgeon General states that.

2. I believe the maximum blood level is capped at 6000. With that, one hit from a Zombie can knock you unconscious and then you're really screwed. So if infected you have to be extremely careful.

The good news is that Medics as a group (not me personally though I keep looking) do have a greater likelihood of running across Antibiotics ... if only because we tend to "shop" at hospitals quite a bit B)

Hang in there,

Joe

Ah medic close to kozlovoka i have a broken leg and would love some morphine if anyone is able to assist?

Charlieraf, I'm near that general area and have to head South anyway, but it won't be immediately. If someone is closer that would probably be a better bet.

I'll PM you in any case.

Joe

[...]

So here I am, just laying on my back looking at the stars on a hill top west of Sosnovka... and wondering when the infection will take me.

Don't give up. As long as you can still see the infamous tower on top of Green Mountain on the horizon, rest assured, there's someone out there to answer your distress calls. I have one last pack of antibiotics, and for your story, you shall have it. Add me on steam (link in my profile) so we can arrange a meeting.

• Like 1

I am next to Nadezhdino, which is east of your location. If you cant wait for Joe, PM me.

I am next to Nadezhdino, which is east of your location. If you cant wait for Joe, PM me.

COle, he PMed me and was taken care of by our colleagues. I'll let him fill in the details.

Joe

anyone near mogilevka on 3k blood and bleeding out can show you a heli crash site what isnt far for you troubles

been sorted??

cheers for the reply cole trooper was in the area and managed to patch me up then i patched him up :P

Our camp is near there, if im on later (moving to a new pc may be a while) add me on steam "Crisco Joe" ill see if i can help.