Dr Wasteland MD

Need Medical Assistance? We can help.

Hello everyone! I'm fairly new to DayZ; this is only my second day playing it. I've been making the trek to the NW airfield, but I find myself low on blood, with no food, plenty to drink. In fact I have just under 3000 blood, so I keep losing consciousness. I'm not looking for a full blood transfusion. Any food at all would be great. I have plenty of bandages that I can trade (8, and I only want to keep 2 - 3).

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I am on the west end of Gorka. If anyone is willing to help. please contact me at:

e-mail: ddimitro@hawk.iit.edu

steam: angryblaze

... or PM me or respond here. :P

Thanks in advance!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I no longer need assistance; a fellow forum member, "hopelless", helped me out a lot. Thanks!

Edited by Kazmobile

Two ways, you can friend anyone on the OP in your general area on Steam and send a PM ... or you can just tell us here what you need and generally where you are and anyone who is in the area can pick it up. I'm not available right now but others may be able to help.

Joe

The preferred means of communication is to friend someone in your area DIRECTLY on steam. Posts on this forum can be overlooked as there are SO many new posts each day.

Still available, PM me if you need medical help. ;) I'm currently in proximity of NW Airfield.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I no longer need assistance; a fellow forum member, "hopelless", helped me out a lot. Thanks!

• Like 1

i could use some blood and food, am in the nothern most log house in mogilevka. steam id: insider91363

gots killed, though hopelless tried to come to my aide so he gets me beans

Edited by TehDoctor

I am in need of a blood transfusion and a morphine auto injector, I am kinda close to Demon Castle, please pm me if you are available.

I was just killed, will be ready soon hopefully..

I was just killed, will be ready soon hopefully..

ah sucks to here man.. hope you get your bearings fast

• Like 1

How do you know it was within one minute?

Why would you post one day that you need help, come to fill out an RMA with us, tell me its been days, then that youre dead, then still request help from someone else in these forums?

Did you ever stop to think that maybe the way people treat you, is indeed the way you deserve to be treated? If you a part of so many online forums, and they all treat you unfairly, whats the common denominator?

Liar may of been harsh, I am a nice guy. So, with that said, Ill let it go.

Whoever reads this, don't judge me. This is what I saw in the few days time of him asking for help

________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:44 PM By Shard

I need help badly mates, I've got a huge amount of blood loss. (Only 500 or so left)

Location: Hospital in Chernogorsk, or whatever it is called. The easterly most hopsital.

I've got weapons and good stuff. I've just gotten out of a PVP fight, and I HAVE BLOOD BAGS.

If ANYONE can help me, please please PLEASE add me as a friend on Steam.

Username is owatch, here is a link where you can add me via the owner of the mod: http://steamcommunit...254&searchtext=

Or email me at: Ilovemalware.___

Thanks a ton.

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:53 PM By Shard

Still need medical help, Come on, someone?

COUPLE DAYS OF REST? WERE YOU HELPED AND DIDN'T THANK ANYONE? DID YOU DIE AND NOT POST A NON NEED FOR RESCUE ANYMORE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC?

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:36 PM By Shard

Hello Medical Team, I am in need of Assistance Dearly. Low blood level with the threat of STARVATION are my primary issues.

I am north of the southern Military base. Please, and please do. Help me.

My steam ID is: owatch (The same logo is next to my name as is the one next to my username here on this website)

I really need help. Please add me as a Friend on Steam.

(By the way, I carry a bloodbag, so if necessary that can be used for the blood transfusion) What I do not have is food.

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:09 PM By Shard

Anyone going to help me? ( I posted earlier and got no help)

I'm North of the Southern Military field. I need food, but carry blood for the transfusion. Please help me.

Add me on Steam: owatch

See the logo next to my name, its the same on steam, so look for it.

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:15 PM By Shard

Anyone? Please! Come on Kyle!

I can't rely on anyone until I am added as a Friend on Steam.

Because that is where I will post additional Information

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:59 PM By Shard

UGH. Anyone else?

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:05 PM By Shard

I've never actually been helped by a Medic yet. Despite posting here for 2 days. Only other players saved me.

Shit happens; we die, we loose our stuff, camps get raided. Are you paying us to do this? No. We do it because we like to.

Oh look, another huge break in time... did you die? Did a medic save you? Did you save yourself? No thanks publicly if a medic did save you... no cancellation of rescue if you got saved by someone else or helped yourself... or died.. rude imho.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:00 PM by Shard

I need help.

Low blood, In the control tower in NW Airfield. My server has nobody on it almost all the time. It will be high ping for others though. But not a problem because PVP won't happen.

Please assist.

Send me a message on Steam, User: owatch (Has the same profile pic as I have)

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:48 PM by Shard

Can't anyone help me. I've posted here 3 times for help. And I never got any.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:40 PM by Shard

snapback.pngDr Wasteland MD, on 19 July 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

It's best to friend a medic on steam and talk to them directly. Our goal is to be more efficient in how we deliver our services, but for right now, you're just going to have to stumble through with the rest of the patients.

So, am I going to get help? I've got one medic friend and he can't help me. (Offline)

The server I am using is EMPTY right now. Nobody in it. Literally. And I'm up to date. I'll give it to you on Steam if I am added.

Just need blood.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:32 PM by Shard

.....dum dee dum.

bump-?

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:38 PM by Shard

I wish I could be helped. I don't feel safe posting a plea in the forums and having someone shoot me dead.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:11 AM by Shard

I am not trying to spam the thread, and I have already signed up to the websites required.

Its just I've posted 3 times, waited 2 days for one, and never got the help I needed. I still have not gotten help to this day.

And then I get accused of spamming. Which is just irritating.

No members so far can help either.

(those that added me)

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:50 AM by Shard

(Not trying to spam) But can anyone currently reading this thread help me?

Shard, if you want help, I wouldnt recommend doing the above again.

Alright Brian, let me do some explaining to you.

Firstly, when you want help. Sometimes you give the medic your username so that they can contact you on Steam, for example. And then help you. It's really quite useful you know.

So, therefore, when they get shot. How do they tell me? Oh! They tell me over the steam chat. And if they happened to log on a 30 seconds earlier, and then report they got shot to me 30 seconds after. Then I know they died within a minute, because 30+30=60. And 60 seconds is a minute. Easy stuff.

Point two: "Why would you post one day that you need help, come to fill out an RMA with us, tell me its been days, then that youre dead, then still request help from someone else in these forums?"

Well, you see now Brian. I didn't suddenly post one day that I needed help. I would usually post once, and then twice. As time went by. This was because I wasn't getting any help. And I could CLEARY see others being helped around me within hours while I never got any. So over the course of a few days. My posts would continue to be ignored. So after someone told me to stop "spamming" the thread. I went and grudgingly filled out an RMA with RatedMgaming to see if I could potentially get the help there. So when I fill out the form. Of course it has been days. Because I never got the help I needed. And the reason I still request help in the forums is because I never get help, so I'll continue to leave posts for help in the medic thread.

What you then said: Did you ever stop to think that maybe the way people treat you, is indeed the way you deserve to be treated? If you a part of so many online forums, and they all treat you unfairly, whats the common denominator?

Nope, I usually get along well in forums. Occasionally issue's pop up, and I know the polite way doesn't always stick when your trying to get a point across. Mostly this comes from youtube.com . I'm sure you know that flame wars and whatnot are very very common across it. Especially without any comment restrictions. Most of the time I do not get treated unfairly. And nor do I treat other people unfairly. Your point isn't as true as you wish it would be.

Next: "COUPLE DAYS OF REST? WERE YOU HELPED AND DIDN'T THANK ANYONE? DID YOU DIE AND NOT POST A NON NEED FOR RESCUE ANYMORE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC?"

I died. And I didn't get help anyway. So why bother posting in the thread. If they contacted me I could have easily told them too. (I hope you send this to everyone who doesn't follow up on their help requests, or else it might seem personal)

And the next: "Shit happens; we die, we loose our stuff, camps get raided. Are you paying us to do this? No. We do it because we like to.

Oh look, another huge break in time... did you die? Did a medic save you? Did you save yourself? No thanks publicly if a medic did save you... no cancellation of rescue if you got saved by someone else or helped yourself... or died.. rude imho."

Sure, shit does happen. That sucks. But why don't you look back through the thread and see how many people get help in between my posts. A lot. Funny, how they do and I don't. I suppose I could assume I am purposely being ignored. But that's ridiculous. Like calling someone else a liar. But then again don't judge me. Just check the thread yourself.

I've never given public thanks for a medic that saved me. Because none has saved me. I thought you quote me earlier saying I've never gotten help yet. Its an invalid point.

And if they die trying. I thank them over Steam, and tell them I am sorry they died.

" Shard, if you want help, I wouldnt recommend doing the above again."

Yeah, because posting a single request totally worked out didn't it. Oh wait, it didn't. And meanwhile, plenty of others have already gotten help in the meantime. And they only posted once.

Oh, and my skype info is still on the thread. Please take it down. Or I'll see about contacting a site admin. I've asked once already. And Dr. Wasteland has also agreed.

Edited by Shard

I'm sticking around the northeast though there doesn't seem to be a lot of people looking for help up here. I'm bored of just scavenging and dodging players constantly... I want to heal someone dammit.

I'm sticking around the northeast though there doesn't seem to be a lot of people looking for help up here. I'm bored of just scavenging and dodging players constantly... I want to heal someone dammit.

head on over to the wild west ;) [nw airfield area] always high demand and high risk

P.S. i believe there was a mention of a devils castle or something a short while ago?

Edited by hopelless
  • Like 1

Road Dogg was requesting my reference so he can get on the list. He saved me and two others by bringing us food, morphine, painkillers, and drink while we were huddled in the outskirts of Zelenogorsk. Nice guy, has saved several of us several times.

• Like 1

Yeah he wasn't ready to trust a nonlister. It's cool, I was planning on stashing my vehicle until I determine how trustworthy a patient is when I'm not feeling it 100% either. Lack of certainty is part of what's fun about day z though.

Last person I saw in game was right after I died... he was shooting at me from the market in elektro and I managed to get up close with a hatchet out (JUST spawned). He starts saying "Dude... Dude!" and I was like shit... I was just going to kill you becasue you were trying to kill me. I am no bandit. I saw he hand a coyote backpack (I haven't seen one ingame in the 2 months I've had the game), yet I didn't kill him. He points me towards an alice pack and then picks up a pistol and begins plugging me yelling "I'm sorry I'm so sorry!"... bastard wasn't sorry enough to let me escape though, I made it outside and was about to turn a corner on the adjacent building when I caught one too many bullets. I tend to run from every player I meet but I really enjoy the game most when playing nicely with others... yet this game will beat the trust out of almost anyone.

• Like 1

im afraid if you keep letting these people post times, places, servers, bandits will have a little field day here. Good intentions but you need a better way to communicate with the injured than broadcasting it to everyone on the forums.

im afraid if you keep letting these people post times, places, servers, bandits will have a little field day here. Good intentions but you need a better way to communicate with the injured than broadcasting it to everyone on the forums.

Have people been posting the time/place/server they're going to be on? I assume everyone is leaving out at least one of these vital details.

Fully equipped and available now - for a short time. PM me quickly, if you need any medical help. ;) Current location: Stary Sobor

The server names are the vital information, everything else as location, status, etc is useless for a would-be bandit I guess. And I saw no one posting server names here.

Edited by Duny

What you have said makes no sense. Im done arguing with you after I make these points.. again...

If you needed a medic so bad, and no one came you rescue you, how'd you get from Berizinio to the NWAF?

If its because you died, maybe you should of said so in the main forums, then I wouldnt of felt bad and offered my help.

What still doesn't make sense is the fact you asked for our help on our site at 1000 ish and then at 1600 on the same day you said you died, then you come here to the dayz forums and asked for help again in the NWAF tower.. Regardless of what you say now and your reasoning's, shit dont add up.

For Example: This confused me..

I'm subscribed to a LOT of forums, and I mean a lot. And I can tell you I've gotten the same sort of issues I got on this thread with those others as well.

"Nope, I usually get along well in forums...."A

Seems like you were saying you get treated the same way on the other forums as you do here on the dayZ forums... ignored and ridiculed.. did you miss-type?

Maybe people skipped over your request for help because you kept asking every two hours. Maybe its your over all demeanor. Just saying. Im done. Good luck.

Also, side note, I havent denied anyone, but you after the fact you told me you died.

And another side note, RMG DTC has rescued well over 200 Survivors in the last week. mostly in "PvP Hostile Zones"

I have no problem going to where you were, it was your attitude.

And another side-side note, Dont threaten me with "higher ups" about your Public Skype Name.. Its not a secret, it's not a crime, its not hard to find or figure out. You use the same name and Icon for everything. I meant to remove it from the post, so dont be a prick.

Edited by Brian @ RMG
  • Like 1

geoduder at least a rough location will be necessary to entice some medics to offer their assistance. :)

With that little blood... it's almost... hopeless? Sorry. lol.

LOL

psa: deer stands are tall enough to break bones; there goes another life

LOL

psa: deer stands are tall enough to break bones; there goes another life

I believe I've done this before but also I think I remember having broken bones and crawling off of one without receiving damage when hitting the ground. Can you fall farther without taking damage if you're crawling?

I believe I've done this before but also I think I remember having broken bones and crawling off of one without receiving damage when hitting the ground. Can you fall farther without taking damage if you're crawling?

interesting.. however it might be something else.. the first time i climbed and fell when i got to the top i took no damage just had pain affect... after i actually got up and took items i decided to walk off since it didnt hurt but that time my bones broke