Dr Wasteland MD

Need Medical Assistance? We can help.

Im ready to get some help, I also see that The Bat is close by, and Im willing to help the one who helps me out.

i am just coming on to jump in to Stary so i can help. i dont have bloodbags but i have morphine and bandages

steam name in signature

ok so had one person add me on steam but never replies. so i am gonna call it a day. see you guys on sunday

ok so had one person add me on steam but never replies. so i am gonna call it a day. see you guys on sunday

Is it trimethylxanthine?

Yeah, same thing for me too. He never replies either.Sigh

Edit: Ah he did!!

Edited by Shard

Is it trimethylxanthine?

Yeah, same thing for me too. He never replies either.Sigh

nag Big Loaf lol

picking up Flame 81 as we speak

Edit* if we can find a server we can both join

Yeah, Im having big time issues again with the newest beta-patch, Wrong cd key error again. Im using sixupdater now MANUALLY via a guide. Takes forever but seems to do the trick. Although Charlieraf soon is going to skip town soon, so if someone else could assist me it would be great.

EDIT: Its all patched up and so forth. 1.62 and the newest patch is working. For some reason though I get yellow and questionmark on all servers...

Well well, im ready for a doctor now ;)

Edited by Flame81

Shard,

I can vouch that Trimethylxanthine is reliable and trustworthy. Stop spamming the thread and read the other posts refering to you.

I am not trying to spam the thread, and I have already signed up to the websites required.

Its just I've posted 3 times, waited 2 days for one, and never got the help I needed. I still have not gotten help to this day.

And then I get accused of spamming. Which is just irritating.

No members so far can help either.

(those that added me)

Edited by Shard

Hi guys, I'm in medical need again unfortunately. I'm just outside Pogorevka, I was looting the village and I aggroed a zombie, took him out but he got me and while bleeding I realized I hadn't any bandages left :(

I logged out with 10k, you're my only hope to survive friends.

here's the exact location:

http://imageshack.us...2071900001.jpg/

steam name: andreamit

anyone near Pogorevka guys?

Is there a European branch to this? Is it unreasonable to request medical assistance right in the middle of NW airfield?

Is there a European branch to this? Is it unreasonable to request medical assistance right in the middle of NW airfield?

I will se if some more guys in the "5th Element" want to go for a high risk medic run again tonight (in maby 6-7 hours from now)

If so we will come for you!

Requesting assistance!

Name: Keylime314 (on skype steam and dayz)

Location: Balota Airstrip (next to the 2 warehouses/non-enterable building)

Request: I need some water and food urgently!

I'll moniter the forums for a little while send me a PM or message me on skype, this topic, or steam. I'll be waiting.

I do not need any help now. I actually meet a friendly dude JohnClideWanDamm or something that gave me a morphine shot in the middle of the looting paradise Stary Sober.

Crawled forever, but so worth it. Thumbs up for friendly surviviors!

I need some help at the factory South of Komarovo. Ran into a herd of Zeds. Blood is around 2500 and I am losing health from no food. My character isn't new, just returning to the coast to meet a friend. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Doctors.

Very much in need of assistance.

Name: Puffy (In-game) - Puffy Vulva (on steam)

Request: Painkillers and blood. Shaking like a madman right now.

EDIT: I am no longer in need of assistance, managed to make it into the store on a low population server and found everything I need.

Edited by PuffyV

Requesting assistance!

Name: Keylime314 (on skype steam and dayz)

Location: Balota Airstrip (next to the 2 warehouses/non-enterable building)

Request: I need some water and food urgently!

I'll moniter the forums for a little while send me a PM or message me on skype, this topic, or steam. I'll be waiting.

I've PMed you Keylime but my time window is very tight so depending on when you get back to me I may or may not be able to assist.

Joe

I broke my leg yesterday far from anywhere. I had a basic idea of where I was and knew it was a long crawl to the nearest hospital. I put a message up on the forums to find out what options I had and thankfully, Psychobob was willing to assist. After a private message, he jumped onto my server and made his way to me, sorted my broken leg and gave me some cooked meat.

So I think he should be added to the list. Very nice guy.

He also recorded the little adventure!

Edited by MeatAbstract
  • Like 2

I need help.

Low blood, In the control tower in NW Airfield. My server has nobody on it almost all the time. It will be high ping for others though. But not a problem because PVP won't happen.

Please assist.

Send me a message on Steam, User: owatch (Has the same profile pic as I have)

OK, I have time for much DayZ tonight. I am FAR away from you, non the less, I will make an effort to try helping you out. That place is very dangerous.

All you need is blood/food? I will try to loot some on the way too you.

Wish me luck.

Look at and really try to figure out where you are. http://dayzdb.com/map#4.048.053 and I'll add you on steam soon enough

Edited by Flame81

It was a dark and stormy night atop Kustryk hill south of Pulkovo ... well okay it wasn't actually dark, just getting on toward twilight and it wasn't stormy, more like kinda drizzly but it was a nasty little drizzle and and medic could catch his death in that kind of weather. My buddy, Trout, was lazing about as he usually does, the man is bone idle folks and not at all dedicated to the medical profession. He abandoned an opportunity to score some antibiotics just to avenge a teammate's death ... he was already dead for Pete's sake ... but I digress.

There I was when the call came in ... "Help, I'm bleeding and broken in the Firetower in Cherno, can you help me?" Well folks, as a dedicated medic, unlike my companion, I didn't hesitate for a moment and immediately responded, "Uh ... that's bandit territory ... and the Firetower is pretty much Ground Zero. Can't you get somewhere, you know, safer?" I may be dedicated but I'm not stupid after all.

"Well, yeah," the response came, "I probably can. Let me try to crawl down the stairs and out of town while I avoid Zombies and Bandits on my belly while bleeding ... I can try that." Frankly I didn't care for his tone, like it was MY fault that he'd have to crawl down the stairs and through some of the nastiest pieces of town. I had my practice to consider and my safety and the rent on my tent ... uh ... the future welfare of my patients. Also did I mention the nasty drizzle?

Nonetheless he said he'd try. I told him to get back with me when he was in the woods. Of course if he got scragged in the process I could just snuggle down in my sleeping bag and catch some more Z's ... the sleeping kind, not the other kind. Unfortunately it was not to be, another message crackled down the ether ... "Oh no, I ran into a bandit and killed him but he nailed me too and now I'm bleeding out and I used my last bandage. I won't last long. Can you come now?"

Some people are just inconsiderate you know? With a heavy sigh I told Trout that it was time to saddle up, he'd have to provide overwatch for me. He said "Geeze Joe, I'm pooped, I was up all night raiding treestands. Why don't you take it, good luck and keep your head down." With that he rolled over and started snoring again. I told you folks, bone idle and no dedication. I got back on the horn with my patient, "How far did you get, where are you now?" ... The response was not what I'd hoped, "I got down one level in the tower, I can't move any further or I'll bleed out." Like I said, inconsiderate.

"Fine, let me head on out, I'll run the whole way and just have to hope I don't get sniped or massively aggroed." I stood up and glanced around ... hmmmm ... this isn't right, according to the map there shouldn't be a road there, but there is. "Trout," I nudged him with my toe, okay maybe I kicked him, "Where are we?"

"We're where we stopped last night, on the hill southwest of Pustoshka, no lemme alone, I need my sleep."

Remember the dark and stormy night part that wasn't ... well I guess the location wasn't either. Now I was about twice as far away as I originally thought. I told my patient that I might a bit ... delayed ... but to hang in there. With that I started running ... and running ... and then there was the running part, followed by more running this time from an aggroed Zed who would NOT leave. I finally had to stop and plug him with my revolver. I was feeling a bit peekish at that point so I stopped and cooked some meat, I had to keep my strength up after all. Finally I made it to Cherno ... and the fun part.

I screwed up my courage, fast evaporating, and went into crouch mode as I navigated through the zombies expecting every moment to hear the crack of a sniper round well if I was lucky I'd hear the crack. But after a few tense moments I entered the Firetower and radioed my patient, "I'm here, I'll be coming up the stairs ... don't shoot."

"Please hurry, I'm not going to last long," was the weak reply. I could hear him moaning up above me. I cautiously crept up the stairs, one floor, two floors (hey, a 1911 mag I can use that), three floors and there he was. I was stunned at his callous betrayal of my trust ... he was wearing a New York Giants sweatshirt ... I nearly finished him off myself but I remembered my oath and promptly bandaged him to stop the bleeding.

But then I couldn't get him transfused or mend the broken bones ... DUH ... I needed to get the items into my main inventory. Finally he was whole again and then came the moment of truth, I was standing there with a hatchet in hand, my normal weapon (I'm a medic, why do I need a rifle after all) and he was well and healthy with an AKM in his hands. It's always touchy at that moment. I looked at him and said "Well, I'll be heading out, good luck to you."

"Thanks a bunch," he said, "I really appreciate the effort and the help. You take care of yourself." We shook hands and I turned and went down the stairs ... and out of Cherno.

This wasn't a particularly thrilling or nervous medical run, but it was a good run after all, I'm glad I made it.

Joe

• Like 5

I did it Joe, I did it!! I was able to stop hunting villinous BANDITS and gave medical aid. And you doubted me..... lol

Post by Barnheezy, this thread, page 88. Read it and weep my little fuzzy friend.

May I tell you a wee bit of a story? good...

(I lied, a long story)

After you guys logged off last night I was still tripping around about mid way up on the western side of map. It took 1 nite of gaming (and 2 lives) but I am all kitted up again with everything I need. Except a compass though.. those things seem to be the bane of my existence. :)

So I'm checking out a few houses/barns on ther eastern edge of Zelenogorsk (sp?). I hear a couple gun shots in the distance. Sounds large calibre. I'm slightly worried as somebodies obviously in the area. I check the next barn. Besides the 5 axes it has to offer there's nothing to take. Again hear a few shots, but now they are closer. I'm a lot more worried now. Seems they are just blasting their way into town maybe? Must be more than 1 guy... who knows?

In a panic I cower in the corner of the barn wondering what to do. I flip the trusty AK to full auto and listen. Unless he announces himself the first mofo to come through that door is gonna get mowed down. Silence.... then "BLAM, BLAM.... BLAM!!" Much closer. Thats what I needed to get motivated. I'm sitting in the only large structure in the area and 1 or more guys are coming my way. They're either gun happy and in a crowd or paniced and running from trouble. Either way.... I'm outta here!!

I check one of the two door ways from the barn, clear, so I slink out along the wall and around the corner. I crouch between the wall and a hay bale wondering what to do. Hide here and cover my corners is my best bet as it's to open to try running for it. I no sooner crouched into my hiding spot when I hear a frantic voice over Direct chat call out.

"Friendly coming in!!"

I hear a guy run in the door opposite of the one I had just literally left. I don't say a word...

I begin to hear a myriad of sounds I only know to well myself. THUMP! THUMP! Zombie strikes! The lusty screams of hungry infected. Then screams of a human being eaten alive. It was horrible to hear happening just on the other side of the wall from me! With visions of a slightly perturbed Joe Shaw, MD. in my head I think "FUCK THIS! Not on my watch baby!!" Before I can contemplate the follies of what I'm about to do I put my fellow man's needs ahead of personal safety.

With a bone chilling battle cry I burst from cover and kick in the door like an enraged Chuck-freaking-Norris AKM rounds spraying death before me! No, not really. I crept up to the barn door I had just come out of and peeked in side like a timid Care Bear that shits rainbows when startled. There was a man, another human!, and he ain't no bandit! He's got a small patrol pack, a double barrel shotgun slung over his shoulder, and a revolver hanging limply from his near dead hand. Two Z's crouched around his torso spreading out a picnic blanket and salt and pepper shakers.

Standing in the door way I level my AK on the head of the first Z. I'm gonna double tap this foul creature and quickly do the same to his dinner date as they are almost lined up perfectly. I squeeze the trigger.... "BRRRRRRRP!!!" Startled by the lethality of the AKM (I had forgotten to take the damn thing of full auto!) I stare at the carnage. Zombie goo spattered everywhere. How had I not hit Mr. Passed Out too? Shit... that was close. He then stirs and starts to regain conciousness. I quickly retreat to the second level of the barn so I can level my weapon on him from a vantage point. I had suddenly realised even though he was hurt and I had just saved him I still hadn't spoken to this guy and had no idea what he was about or how desperate he was.

"Get in the corner quickly" I tell him as infected start to come in both doors, attracted by my not so stealthy dispatch of their two former comrades. With single head shots I start to pop walkers left and right as they close in on the wounded guy. I watch as he bandages himself and then takes 2 steps towards a corner and drops to the floor unconcious again right in front of the mini-horde still coming in. "Oh shit!" He's messed up bad I can tell. After I secure the area I wait patiently as this guy takes 2 more attempts just to get to the corner, constantly dropping from blood loss.

We hide behind a tall stack of crates and while not pointing our guns at each other we exchange pleasantries like we just met at a garden party.

"I'm Trout."

"I'm Barnheezy."

"Hello".

"Hi. Thanks man. Not everyone's as friendly as you." He replies. "I was hurt and saw you enter the barn from the hill top. I was coming down to meet you and got swarmed in the field."

"Ya, I saw that." I replied, lieing. No sense letting him know he had scared the bejesus outta me. I continued "I'm a medic wanna-be. What do you need?" I only had a few cans of beans and painkillers but he could certainly use them at the moment. After he accepted my goods and was munching away I explained about Dr. Wasteland, his thread and my friend Joe Shaw. Of course he thought the whole thing a wonderful idea as he had assumed I was going to kill him on the spot. With the way clear around us for now we decide it best to get out of the barn and into some trees.

Once in cover I drop him my last can of beans and with my bino's survey Zelenogorsk (sp?). Seeing as there is no hospital here I offer to go into town on a bean run for him. It's a large place and I'll load up on all the cans I can carry and come back. But he politely declines, stating he was going to DC and post in the medic thread for a bloodbag and explain about what I had just done for him. I thanked him profusely for that while he thanked me profusely as well.

Turns out after he left I went down into town for my own needs and discovered a grocery store that was not on the map! WTF. I had more beans than I could carry! LOL Oh well, next time..... I DC. What a great night.

• Like 4

I did it Joe, I did it!! I was able to stop hunting villinous BANDITS and gave medical aid. And you doubted me..... lol

Post by Barnheezy, this thread, page 88. Read it and weep my little fuzzy friend.

... {snipped} ...

Excellent my friend, perhaps you're not so bone idle after all :D

I do hope our friends on this thread don't mind us taking the time for some role playing stories ... but that's what Doc Wasteland wanted from the start as I recall.

Joe