Sign in to follow this  
astroz0mbie

Clearing out zombies - crash site

I found a crash site and my zombie count was at 25 or so... playing on a low count server (like 2 people).

I started shooting them trying to clear out some of them to give me time to get in and out...

within a few seconds... maybe 5 or 10,

the zombie count went right back up to 25...

Am I missing something? Or are we not supposed to be able to clear out an area for our safety?

Usually you'll find that zeds respawn as you are clearing them out at crash sites.

So far this has happened to me and my friends just about every time, but only one new spawn.

Our usual approach is to clear a route to the helicopter, grab whatever we can and get out before new zeds land on your head (literally in some cases).

As for clearing out an area for your own safety; the longer you stay in one area, more zeds will spawn nearby and from what I've read they will move in the direction of nearby survivors (surrounding buildings etc) and most importantly; they will investigate noises. So a shot might not trigger them if they are far away, but they will go to the location where you fired your gun last (easily observed when firing weapons inside buildings or sniper rifles from a long distance).

ive only encountered a chopper site 2 times in 280 hrs of gameplay.

Both times was at night

My method to negotiate both situations was throw a flare to the far left + right of the objective as the infected will approach them. ( if u want to avoid gunshots of course )

Dont really know what happen to you but im guessing to just put it down to alpha + bugs = strange bits. I mean did r u saying they respawned ?

Road flares are definitely the easiest way to open up a crash site for looting, although other players will notice from a far greater distance than if you were to kill the zombies.

You could, if you have the balls, crawl in and out without disturbing the zombies. It's scary, but possible.

Road flares are definitely the easiest way to open up a crash site for looting, although other players will notice from a far greater distance than if you were to kill the zombies.

You could, if you have the balls, crawl in and out without disturbing the zombies. It's scary, but possible.

just had done that yesterday, as I had feeling that there is someone around - which turned to be horrifying true few moments later...

I generally shoot two or three from a distance and then crouch/crawl in, i have buddys around with fire support warning me if i agro something.

If I ever find one then I just make sure that I've got someone covering me, we kill all but 1 or 2 (so that it doesn't count the area as empty and respawn them) and then loot and run.

ive only encountered a chopper site 2 times in 280 hrs of gameplay.

Both times was at night

My method to negotiate both situations was throw a flare to the far left + right of the objective as the infected will approach them. ( if u want to avoid gunshots of course )

Dont really know what happen to you but im guessing to just put it down to alpha + bugs = strange bits. I mean did r u saying they respawned ?

2 in 280 hours wtf?

Seriously they aren't that hard to find, go north find fields run around = profit.

I've not once not found one when I went looking, either day or night.

With regards to the OP just belly crawl to the heli and avoid combat altogether unless you're after ammo clips.

Smoke grenades as previously stated and you can also wait a few minutes and they will wander a safe distance from the wreckage.

I find that smoke grenades sometimes makes zombies start running - occasionally at you, most of the time just randomly. It can be quite scary. Flares don't seem to do this unless you're really close.

All you need is a rifle or something with decent range.

Go as far as possible and pop off 2 or 3. They wont aggro you. Only the one you shot. Opens up a lane for you to approach.

Be careful of that one monkey zombie that always seems to come bouncing toward you while your looting

I did the crawling in whilst my balls dragged on the grass, got to the first heli and nothing, got to second whilst dodging Zs and then gunshot pinged all around so I had to get the hellof out dodge. Fun but heart was racing. So to the OP, scan the hills first

watch out for crashsites, people tend to camp around them and wait for their victim

Edited by Baltsar