DarkRaven123

The War Z - Copycat of DayZ announced.

http://www.pcgamer.c...llels-to-day-z/

For those not bothering to click the link :

Here’s a breakdown of features, taken verbatim from the press release:

• Big open worlds to explore between 200 to 400 square kilometers
  • Two modes of play: Normal and Hardcore
  • Combination of first-person and third-person perspectives
  • Meld of PvE (player versus environment) and PvP (player versus player)
  • Strong Role Playing Elements
  • Multiple playable characters with customizable features
  • Unique social elements, including bounties, help requests, trap setting, etc.
  • Safe settlements where players can purchase, sell and store items as well as post notes for other players
  • Dozens of unique skills that can be learned and improved
  • Up to 250 players per game server
  • New weapons and items become available as players explore the game world
  • Full developer support with regularly scheduled, free content updates
  • Dedicated public servers as well as private servers that can be completely self-managed in game client
  • Single purchase, downloadable client with ability to play full game without subscriptions or requiring in-game transactions

WarZ-610x343.jpg

What do you guys think?

Honestly, if they get the same general feel of the game right, and have a better inventory system implemented at the start, I can see it poaching a fair amount of users.

The hardcore will stay here of course, but the majority, will possibly head over, as it sounds like a much more accessible game.

Also, does anyone know who is backing Hammerhead?

Edited by DarkRaven123
  • Like 3

You know, I actually did search.

Ah well, thats what happens when you sleep when America is awake.

Well, did take longer than I expected to copy dayz :P

The Thing i like about WarZ is there is map like new york big Building Dont Get me rong Love dayZ LOVE IT but they do Need More map that map is getting Old for me

• Like 1

Gooby Pls.

They had this in development before DayZ was released. Sooooo not really ripoff. They do say they are taking some ideas from here, but thats not a bad thing.

• Like 2

I would never leave the original after many look-alikes come around as its fucking stupid. DayZ may be HORRIBLY broken at the moment but sooner or later it's going to be perfect and you can be proud to call yourself an alpha tester who didnt pussy out and leave when shit got a bit harder than call of duty.

• Like 1

I would never leave the original after many look-alikes come around as its fucking stupid. DayZ may be HORRIBLY broken at the moment but sooner or later it's going to be perfect and you can be proud to call yourself an alpha tester who didnt pussy out and leave when shit got a bit harder than call of duty.

Shit is always harder than CoD in DayZ. Shit hits the fan at least once a day when I play.

Haters gonna hate.

Edited by z-layrex

Well to me it already looks further into development that DayZ, then again they got a full team working on it.

We have an entire community which is the only important thing! :D

Argh, I love being a part of something unique. I enjoy all of the people. Now with options, it helps the kids nerd rage and tailor to their needs of jumping ship when the slightest problem or gameplay issue arises.

Looks good, this isnt about who was first. If this game is better most of the people will play it, dont hate something you're not familiar with.

Also the map with big cities looks more appealing to me.

Just read a bit more about it, steam cells, safe zones, gold coins, quests. Thats pretty far from a good zombie survival like dayz is.

Edited by sambody

It looks perfect. Perfect for all the people that constantly make shit suggestions on here, its like someone bundled up all the crap and stuck it in one game.

Now all those people can stop whining and go and play that , everyone's happy.

• Like 3

Just read a bit more about it, steam cells, safe zones, gold coins, quests. Thats pretty far from a good zombie survival like dayz is.

Ugh. None of that seems like fun. Maybe a safe zone to hang out without the fear of dying every moment. But then I'm not sure that is good either. Currency, really? Lol, that seems to discredit the whole thing.

Nice community? On the forums yes , but ingame its shit unless u know a group already...maybe when dayz was only on its first 2 servers it was a good community

• Like 1

Nice community? On the forums yes , but ingame its shit unless u know a group already...maybe when dayz was only on its first 2 servers it was a good community

I happen to think this is a pretty fucking brilliant community, on and offline.

• Like 1

I will keep my eye on it but it looks like it will be a completely different game for instance perma death only occurs on hardcore mode, currency e.t.c.

Not sure why they went with WarZ, if they are using it as a publicity stunt they could have done better with The End of Dayz or something along those lines.

As for the DayZ community, they are nice until you disagree with something but then every community is that way.

• Like 1