Bass50

LU159 Admin keeping server private

Can you please outline the power and rights that an Admin is supposed to have. because it seems that any and every function in admin is apparently an abuse.

If we are the ones paying the money for others to play free can you please define what rights we are supposed to have.

"Not interested in Arma."

Well why the fuck did you buy it in the first place?

Also, the rights you have:

2 - Understand what powers admins have. We can:

- Lock the server

- Restart the server

- Password the server

- Restart the mission in-game

- Kick or ban players

You can lock the server if the current patch is buggy and it crashes the server when people smash enter to join so it stops them from doing it

You can restart the server if the current patch is buggy and there is a fuckload of desync, but you NEED to warn people with RCON first (make a message regarding the server restart and giving them time to get to safe place (4-10 minutes))

You CAN password the server, but it isn't ALLOWED.

You can restart the mission in-game via Admin Panel (shift+p), but you NEED to warn people with RCON first (make a message regarding the server restart and giving them time to get to safe place (4-10 minutes))

You can KICK or BAN players, but you need to have a GOOD REASON for it. Someone KILLING YOU is NOT a good reason.

EDIT: I'm not a server admin but I know how to do your job better than you do for fucks sake...

Edited by kitta

Also, the rights you have:

You can lock the server if the current patch is buggy and it crashes the server when people smash enter to join so it stops them from doing it

You can restart the server if the current patch is buggy and there is a fuckload of desync, but you NEED to warn people with RCON first (make a message regarding the server restart and giving them time to get to safe place (4-10 minutes))

You CAN password the server, but it isn't ALLOWED.

You can restart the mission in-game via Admin Panel (shift+p), but you NEED to warn people with RCON first (make a message regarding the server restart and giving them time to get to safe place (4-10 minutes))

You can KICK or BAN players, but you need to have a GOOD REASON for it. Someone KILLING YOU is NOT a good reason.

EDIT: I'm not a server admin but I know how to do your job better than you do for fucks sake...

All I read then was blah blah blah.

It's a contradiction. You CAN password the server but you're not allowed to.

Then why say you CAN when you can't

This is the first game I've known where you can essentially run you're own server but at the same time have next to zero control over what goes on.

So clearly you are a better admin... Because essentially you are good at doing nothing.

Congratulations

Edited by Sloppzz

No, I'm a better admin because I follow the RULES that are made by the MAIN DEV of this mod, not because I do nothing.

EDIT: At least would be a better one if I had the money to waste.

Edited by kitta
  • Like 1

All I read then was blah blah blah.

It's a contradiction. You CAN password the server but you're not allowed to.

Then why say you CAN when you can't

This is the first game I've known where you can essentially run you're own server but at the same time have next to zero control over what goes on.

So clearly you are a better admin... Because essentially you are good at doing nothing.

Congratulations

obamadealwithit_gif.gif

I only hear shit from your mouth.

It is the same as stealing in a store, You CAN steal it but you are not allowed to.

Edited by Reap3r

Really ZombieLoveChild, there's no use denying after the replies you guys posted in this thread.

Either way, my intention was to warn you guys not to do it again by drawing attention to it. Obviously I don't want the server taken down so if you guys do take it down that would be a shame.

Sloppzz, thanks for your last reply I do appreciate it.

DayZ

And if the single instance of banning is with a group of troll players, murdering people over and over again with a definate intention to just mess up everyone else's game experience. Does an Admin have a right to ban grief players?

You are my hero.

- You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.

So no basically.

No, I'm a better admin because I follow the RULES that are made by the MAIN DEV of this mod, not because I do nothing.

EDIT: At least would be a better one if I had the money to waste.

That it is.

I find it little bit odd to "learn the game" at the NWAF :D especially when server has few players usually everybody are then looting the barracks' and the surroundings :)

Edited by Caine
  • Like 1

Gotta love people renting a Day Z server and not knowing the rules.

Btw, if you were teaching to people the game then the TS did actually help you. PvP is part of the game you should teach those people that, not everyone is friendly :)

I find it little bit odd to "learn the game" at the NWAF :D especially when server has few players usually everybody are then looting the barracks' and the surroundings :)

There are exceptions to every expectation.

Really ZombieLoveChild, there's no use denying after the replies you guys posted in this thread.

Either way, my intention was to warn you guys not to do it again by drawing attention to it. Obviously I don't want the server taken down so if you guys do take it down that would be a shame.

Sloppzz, thanks for your last reply I do appreciate it.

Hi Bass

You are welcome. I won't be online till later so the server wont be up until then, but once it's on feel free to pop online and say hi.

Guys can we put an end to this thread now?

Thanks

Gotta love people renting a Day Z server and not knowing the rules.

Btw, if you were teaching to people the game then the TS did actually help you. PvP is part of the game you should teach those people that, not everyone is friendly :)

We know. but there is a difference between PvP and an organised murder squad trolling an entire server including its owners.

Clear cut case, hopefully server is blacklisted instantly.

Clear cut case?

Where is your proof?

A YouTube video and a forum post.

About as clear cut as muddy water.

I've just said lets out the matter to bed. An isolated incident and it's been cleared up. It wasn't admin abuse but we did what we felt was right at the time based on what was going on.

Don't be an idiot and keep bringing it up

Several different players' experiences are cooperating.

One player even posted a video of you guys kicking.

You guys admitting to kicking players.

Seems like perfect reason to disconnect your server from the hive.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

We know. but there is a difference between PvP and an organised murder squad trolling an entire server including its owners.

I understand its sucks for the people that get killed, but yea its still PvP action that they organize themself and kill everyone on sight doesnt really matter imo.

One player posted a video of one single kick. That's conclusive.

Again I repeat we kicked based on what we believed was blatant trolling. We never admitted kicking multiple players.

Your argument is flawed straight away. So please take your business elsewhere

I've spoken to Bass privately about this so as far as I'm concerned the matter is closed

Back you go... Goodbye.

Edited by Sloppzz

You dont have to worry about that. We are not interested in continuing with it.

There is obvious serious ambiguity and issues with regard to player/admin rights.

At the moment it simply seems like this.

Pay money for a server and you have less rights than anyone else, Its ok to grief play a server and its only correct to pay to be griefed.

I understand the mechanics and the purpose of the game and at the moment it is very open to exploitation and grief play, obvious issues that need to be addressed as the game is developed. But does an admin not have the right to police the server they have paid for in a way they feel is fare to them selves and other players?

- You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.

The above rules list states

But please define 'Something you do not like'. because im sure this varies wildly from individual to individual and will always be an issue of contention.

Police, as in kick players who shoots at you?

I understand its sucks for the people that get killed, but yea its still PvP action that they organize themself and kill everyone on sight doesnt really matter imo.

I can take being killed as it comes to me, its part of the game.

But guys with every weapon, all the cars, with a definate intention to persue, harrass and murder players on the server who are just trying to enjoy the game and teach new players how to play i feel is a matter for Admin intervention.

There is abviously no point in running a server if you are powerless to prevent grief and exploitation. Im not sure of the exact numbers of privately funded servers that exist within the DayZ-cosm but if this is the general level of horseshit you have to endure when trying to run and admin a server then there is no point. i wonder how many servers would vanish from the server list once people begin to realise what a waste of money and time it is.

Police, as in kick players who shoots at you?

You can turn this into a black white issue if you wish to dumb it down, but if this game is to develope issues like this need to be addressed.

My argument here is simple. Why pay money to have zero control and become victims to the broader community of but hurt fan boys.

So lets get this straight. We have no cars or means of transport. We get killed oh bugger never mind its all part of the game i guess. We spawn run all the way back to airbase to get what is left of our gear to get killed again buy people that are super mobile because they have vehicles. This happens over and over we dont stand a chance because they are mobile and we are not so for them its like shooting fish in a barel which is no fun for us. You then killed us again 30 mins later. If you had left it at that we could have swallowed it but you have made it personal and are out to get us over and over again. Which is no fun what so ever!

Why pay money to have zero control and become victims to the broader community of but hurt fan boys.

Read the rules about renting a server, if you dont agree to them dont pay for one. Paying for a server and then complaining about the limitions you have as an admin is just stupid. I agree admins should have more rights. But I aswell agreed to these rules when renting the server, and I aswell have to follow them just like the host of LU159 and all other admins.

Edited by Chauz
  • Like 1