Bass50

LU159 Admin keeping server private

You spent money to support yourself, not the community. Now get back to your high paying job and buy yourself a nice warm cup of shut the fuck up.

And you get back to sponging off mommy and daddy or the government.

EDIT: And, FWIW, my server has been full for 3 months now with people 'in the community' so I hardly support just myself. But you know, when you pay for something you kind of want to be able to customize it and assure yourself a place to play. Entitled clowns like you cry though when a server is full and an admin kicks someone so he can join his OWN server that he PAID for.

Edited by PulpJulesW

And you get back to sponging off mommy and daddy or the government.

EDIT: And, FWIW, my server has been full for 3 months now with people 'in the community' so I hardly support just myself. But you know, when you pay for something you kind of want to be able to customize it and assure yourself a place to play. Entitled clowns like you cry though when a server is full and an admin kicks someone so he can join his OWN server that he PAID for.

I agree with you, would be nice to get more freedom on the server, but you knew you were limited in your power if you want to be connected to the Hive while getting a server.

Right chaps lets put this one to bed. Our server has been running for nearly 4 weeks now. We did kick base and possibly a couple of inocents because of name changes and in hind sight we now see the error of our ways and are sorry. I can honestly say i was not awear of the tight rules for hosting a server. We were just so keen 2 get it running we just clicked yes yes yes in our rush to get it running for our dayz fix. Since this thread was started not a single person has been kicked. The chap that started the thread Base has been contacted via pri message and we have said sorry and all partys envolved are happy and playing dayz as it was ment 2 be played. I am going to say sorry again. And just to point out finaly that this only affected a couple of people and we are now well awear of the rules.

• Like 3

One thing that i find on these threads a lot if name calling, why cant you just settle it in a better way. Just shows you cant act appropriately in this kind of situation.

One thing that i find on these threads a lot if name calling, why cant you just settle it in a better way. Just shows you cant act appropriately in this kind of situation.

To set example to the rest of wanna be gods admins. Obviously

Pretty sure that is what some admins want.

*cough* Private hive with independent databse would solve all your problems and even more, like lags.*cough*

You spent money to support yourself, not the community. Now get back to your high paying job and buy yourself a nice warm cup of shut the fuck up.

When you'll have free time from either the school or DayZ, ask your parents about the price of money.

To set example to the rest of wanna be gods admins. Obviously

Wow, how does it feel to be a parasite with a sense of power?

Oh, didn't know that i'm talking with mr. "I like to change my settings during fight", No wondering that i smell hypocrisy in this thread, lol.

Edited by Desertstriker

*cough* Private hive with independent databse would solve all your problems and even more, like lags.*cough*

When you'll have free time from either the school or DayZ, ask your parents about the price of money.

I really don't see how what you posted here furthers what this topic is about, you cannot defend what the server hosters were doing since they were obviously and blatantly violating the rules, thankfully they've apolagized and realized their errors but what you've said here just seems to be silly and out of place

I really don't see how what you posted here furthers what this topic is about, you cannot defend what the server hosters were doing since they were obviously and blatantly violating the rules, thankfully they've apolagized and realized their errors but what you've said here just seems to be silly and out of place

I hope this thread will be a teaching one for those, who want to maintain the server, that they need to maintain their own hive as well.

Otherwise they should be prepared for Hypocritical Orden the White financially poor douchebags knights of DayZ to whine on forums about servers' policy.

I am just telling the truth about how disgusting this looks from afar, lol.

Not interested in Arma.

Can you please outline the power and rights that an Admin is supposed to have. because it seems that any and every function in admin is apparently an abuse.

If we are the ones paying the money for others to play free can you please define what rights we are supposed to have.

We do not cheat, we do not spam kick, these guys have basically turned the server into their own murder play ground while we are paying for the privilage to be hunted and denied play time.

Maybe you should have actually READ the rules for admins, posted by Rocket, before you agreed to them. Its the bonehead admins that believe they can agree to something then ignore that agreement that are killing the game.

Your tears get no sympathy, we all had to learn the hard way. Die, loose your gear, learn form your mistake.

What tears? Why would there be tears? In case you have not noticed in my post above i have appolagised for not being awear of the rules. I was not the one that brought the server i just contribute to the cost. There for i never got a chance to see the terms and conditions. I just assumed it was the same as most other servers for other games where the admin can change all sorts and if they want it pri its up to them. Again i am sorry to the few people that were kicked can we please draw a line under this now as you guys were right. Fire 708 why carry on moaning now we have seen the error of our ways and said sorry. You are welcome to come onto our server and see for yourself that kicking does not happen anymore.

So basically some people in this thread claims (though it's a minority), that when you pay for server you should be able to do anything you want. But you are hosting a service, that has some rules (no need to explain why, because most of us understand what HIVE is). If you break those rules and you cannot connect to HIVE it's your fault. You can still keep your server - the thing you paid for.

Let's answer the "I have money -> I pay server -> I can „cheat" (or more likely obtain illegally) the loot" question.

What if I'm programmer? Can I say "I have skills -> I bypass BattleEye -> I cheat loot" just because I have the power to do so? Well if wasn't against the rules of DayZ service you could do that on your private server.

I feel kinda stupid for repeating what have been already said, but I contributed with the "Money -> Power" <=> "Skill -> Power" . Shall I ask Dean and some admin if I can hack my items into game if I can?

Once again you are going over what has all ready been said. Why? Again we were not awear of the strict rules. (and yes i know we should have been sorry) We are now awear of the rules thank you. With regards to us fighting our corner. Have you ever had an argument with your wife or girlfriend and know you are wrong but you have got yourself in so deep its easyer to just carry on the argument. I think we were guilty of that once you guys posted the rules. I have to say that lots of you have aimed some pretty how can i put it low life language at me. But if you go back and read my posts you will see that i have been polite all the way through and never once called anyone offensive names. So come on chaps play nice. How many times can one guy say sorry???

Our server is not black listed and is still part of the hive.

Edited by K1NGP1N