Alopex

Beta 95168 - Double performance

fail patch, horrible staggering and fps cut by ~30-40%

Dont know what you kids are running but all of my friends (including me) with high end pcs seem to of lost fps

k first off dont update to the newest beta right away if you dont want to lose ability to connect to your favourite server.

wait till its a widespread update to all servers.

and can anyone plz tell me what 95168 does!?!?! i swear the last 4 beta patch changelogs have not given a SINGLE NEW bit of information for what the new patch does. what do the new patches actually do!~? seriously the changelogs dont give any new information for each of the latest patches.

I installed it but cant connect to a server using that patch.Any ideas?

Does sixlauncher update this for you? I seem to still be on 95054 or 95099, at least no updates since yesterday. Been having some performance issues, especially in cities, and I am eager to see if there is any difference with the new build.

Edited by Fryseboks

Note that server up-time still plays a large hand in client performance. As such, Tiggy and I usually reboot US 26 daily to maximize performance client-side. That said, the patch has still provided a significant performance boost on several systems that I use & have tested the patch with thus far.

The graphics hardware of these systems includes.. 512MB HD4850, 1GB HD5770, 1.5GB GTX460M, 1.5GB GTX460, and the aforementioned CFX 1GB HD4870s.

Presumably, other systems shall also see an improvement, BUT it is important to note that the single largest contributor to poor client performance, is long server up-time, so I highly recommend that server operators re-launch the server client frequently.

EDIT:

Also! Check this out too. I haven't tested it myself (yet) but others seem to be getting some pretty awesome results: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/36688-maximize-frame-rate-on-dayz-and-arma2-low-frames-fix/#entry348601

Edited by Alopex

I haven't noticed much of a difference, although I noticed a HUGE difference after following a guide which told me to change some settings in my Arma2 config files.

Good news though, I'll check it out tomorrow.

I haven't noticed much of a difference, although I noticed a HUGE difference after following a guide which told me to change some settings in my Arma2 config files.

Good news though, I'll check it out tomorrow.

Could you link to said guide please?

Updated. Have noticed no fps improvements, seems it's become even worse a bit. And servers don't hurry to update, so there are still not much servers and almost every is full.

Yeah, the performance is blistering considering all the game needs to render now is a black loading screen.

Installed it, no change in performance for me. A bit disappointing, but it was already running alright (22-35 fps), with everything on very high and postprocessing disabled.

didnt double for me but now the cities and or large group of Infected are much more stable.

latest patch, fucked it up completely for me. cant get passed " Waiting for host "

Make sure you're joining servers with the same version of Dayz and Beta

Make sure you're joining servers with the same version of Dayz and Beta

I have tried joining same version servers and I am getting the same exact thing.

It also appears that the server for the beta-patch is down because I am getting a "server sent no data" error when I click the links.

Edited by greasdup

Cosign! For me I gained 10-15 FPS in dayz after this arma2 beta patch and also the big thing is loading servers now (mostly) is about 2-3 times faster!

95208 has completely ruined my frame rate, from 40-60 down to about 10-15. I love how BI manages to break their game every other patch.

95208 has completely ruined my frame rate, from 40-60 down to about 10-15. I love how BI manages to break their game every other patch.

Just took the plunge and installed 95028 (Had to say goodbye to my home server for now but whatever).

Checked frame rate at my position before the update to 95208 and was running low 30's. After installing 95208 frames are at high 50's standing in the same location as before. After this comparison I bumped up shadows from medium to max, and maxxed AA AF and was back at 30's afterwards.

All in all, I'd say this was a large improvement over my previous 95099 beta.

EDIT: Also, according to DayZ Commander, 42% of servers are now running 95208 (up from 36% an hour ago) so it looks like a lot of admins are commiting to 1.62 if that percentage is accurate.

Edited by SystemiK

Updated. Have noticed no fps improvements, seems it's become even worse a bit. And servers don't hurry to update, so there are still not much servers and almost every is full.

Got worsw for me as well, but still smooth. updating to the latest one tomorrow.