bonx

Damaged gear when killed

The grenade has destroyed the compass, the bullet went through the bottle of water...

Here is the idea: whenever a player is killed or just wounded (in PvP), there is chance that some of his gear would be damaged/destroyed. The chance of destruction should be higher with more powerful weapon and more likely to concern fragile or higher-tech equipment (torchlight, compass, sniper rifle...).

This adds a pinch more or realism and would regulate gears in the game as well as body farming.

Edited by Badb
  • Like 2

Typically 1-2 shots your dead anyway, doubt this would really matter unless only against zombies, which negates the idea being used for pvp.

Could be a good idea. Would prevent the entire loot gain if you run back to your body.

• Like 1

Sounds interesting, would be worth a try if it is not to hard to implement.

Typically 1-2 shots your dead anyway, doubt this would really matter unless only against zombies, which negates the idea being used for pvp.

Yeah but people often unload a few extra rounds just to be sure. If I knew my target would die with 4 rounds, I'll give him two more.

And then there's latency. You shoot 3 times but he's still standing and shooting back because the server hasn't registered the shots yet.

Sounds a great idea, got my support +1

Damaged gear when killed, not when wounded. Good idea!

Damaged gear when killed, not when wounded. Good idea!

Nah man, it goes both ways. Even if you get out of the firefight alive but took hits, something might get broken. Just adds to the intensity ;)

Then we also need to be able to repair our guns. Would lose my mind if some makarov dude breaks my AS50 :D

Whenever I met someone in close range, I just unloaded my magazine into him just in case.

Long range is a totally different story, but a 0.50BMG (!!!) round will do some gruesome things to your body, after all, that shit was designed to penetrate armored vehicles.

Edited by krtshv