maxovitsj@gmail.com

Waiting for character to create.

Today I bought ARMAII on steam, just to play this mod because it looks amazing.

I've installed it and Operation Arrowhead too and those work fine. I've downloaded the files from the download section, placed them in the @dayz folder, inside the Addons and it's recognized by ARMA, most of the servers are full but I joined the 2 french ones and one of the russian ones and it gives me an error about sunglasses missing and then I go back to the server browser where it says: "Waiting for character to create"

If I run it with the command line -mod=@dayz it gives me something about buildings missing? If I remove that I can enable them in the expansion settings. I'm running it in Operation Arrowhead that is the way I should right?

Thanks in advance,

Max

I have the absolute same problem. Exactly as descibed by Maxovitsj.

On Steam I own ARMAII and ARMAII:OA and run them by right-click as "combined operations".

got the command line added too.

The part about items missing - you simply click OK and it will continue loading - everyone gets them, they're not essential to the game.

As for the "Wait for character to create", I'm afraid you're going to have to sit there and wait for it to create. Once you've logged in and out several times, it becomes a matter of seconds, not minutes, to log-in to a server.

How long does that usually take?

I have never connected so I got no frame of reference.

Suspected it is just "stuck" cause I am missing something

I'am trying at the moment but it just puts me back in the server browser with the text in the background. Is that supposed to happen? It's my first time trying to play it so I have no idea if I should leave it like this or not.

Also when I go to the server that I tried to join and click it once, I'm not in the list of players. :/

It can take anywhere between a matter of seconds' date=' or many minutes. I've known of people to be sat on the same screen for 10 minutes for the first log-in. Just have some patience, start it up and go make a brew or something.

I'am trying at the moment but it just puts me back in the server browser with the text in the background. Is that supposed to happen? It's my first time trying to play it so I have no idea if I should leave it like this or not.

Also when I go to the server that I tried to join and click it once, I'm not in the list of players. :/

When you say "the text in the background", could you elaborate? Or even post a screen shot? From memory, you Join a server which will take you to the squad / player selection. Loading from there will load the mission file (Receiving mission data) and then the screen should black out and will go through a period of "waiting for the host", "getting player ID", "receiving character data from server" and "creating character". Pretty sure that's the standard load-in.

It can take anywhere between a matter of seconds' date=' or many minutes. I've known of people to be sat on the same screen for 10 minutes for the first log-in. Just have some patience, start it up and go make a brew or something.

When you say "the text in the background", could you elaborate? Or even post a screen shot? From memory, you Join a server which will take you to the squad / player selection. Loading from there will load the mission file (Receiving mission data) and then the screen should black out and will go through a period of "waiting for the host", "getting player ID", "receiving character data from server" and "creating character". Pretty sure that's the standard load-in.

Here's an Imgur album of screenshots, I've added descriptions so you can see what I'm doing. http://imgur.com/a/XgTgS#0

Hmmm, screenshot wasn't what I was expecting.

Does it just throw you straight back to the server list, or display any errors?

Are you using a retail version of the game, or Steam (both people)?

If Steam - did you run Arma2 first, once it was installed, before trying to play the mod? Are you definitely launching Combined Operations (Steam Library > Operation Arrowhead > [right click] Launch Combined Operations.

Yes we are.

I have the same Problem as you guys do.

Any other conclusions? I REALLY want to play the game.

greetings

Hmmm' date=' screenshot wasn't what I was expecting.

If Steam - did you run Arma2 first, once it was installed, before trying to play the mod? Are you definitely launching Combined Operations (Steam Library > Operation Arrowhead > [right click'] Launch Combined Operations.

Well that's what's happening, no errors (at least, for me)

I'm using steam, bought it today (for this mod :P)

I did run ARMAII and Operation Arrowhead before installing the mod.

I'm running it that way yes and I have the launch options too. But even without that it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

yea im using steam , and am launching the game with (Steam Library > Operation Arrowhead > [right click] Launch Combined Operations.)

Well, I fixed the "Waiting for Character to create" - thing.

But now, I am getting the following Error:

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgGlasses.SJB_Sordins_C3'"

Any help?

€dit: Okay, didn't quite fixed it.

Hmmm' date=' screenshot wasn't what I was expecting.

If Steam - did you run Arma2 first, once it was installed, before trying to play the mod? Are you definitely launching Combined Operations (Steam Library > Operation Arrowhead > [right click'] Launch Combined Operations.

It either gets stuck at Receiving Data or Create Character or Waiting for Server Response.

Guest Suffocation

One - The errors you are getting are nothing, everyone gets errors when joining while uses mods, thats just the fun of arma :) if you can advance past the error by pressing OK or continue then do so.

Two - It does take a while to load up, so be patient.

I'm also getting the "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgGlasses.SJB_Sordins_C3'" error. Not sure if it's related to that error but whenever I connect to a server I manage to retrieve mission data and go to a load screen but then I get kicked from the server. I'd really like to play this.

I am having the exact same issue.

I have tried using the Six Updater, and it is still resulting in the game not connecting, but instead going back to the server browser with the "Waiting for character to create" text just sitting there.

Not too sure what to do, since there is no error message or anything. As bad as it is, it's nice to know that I am not alone with this problem.

Will keep trying things, whatever I can think of, and update if I find a solution.

similar problem, left the waiting for character to create screen on for almost a hour, just bought ARMA 2 the other day to try this mod, hope it can get fixed

cant wait to complain about bandits

I had to wait about 30min to get in a server. could be because I try to join US 3-4 from Sweden I dont know.

but it can also happend when I try to join finnish,EU or FR server.

I guess its all about what server you choose with what ping.

UPDATE : 28 APR 2012

Affected addons:

* dayz_code 1.5.1

* dayz 1.2.1

* dayz_weapons 1.1.1

Developer's Note:

* We removed out eventhandlers mapped to VOIP some time ago, we don't know why is not working sometimes now.

Changelog:

* [FIXED] Nobody would change into a bandit

* [FIXED] Disconnected clients zombies would stand still and do nothing

* [FIXED] Freezing at screen on death

* [NEW] Study bodies for their cause of death and name

* [NEW] Deaths from blood loss count as murders/kills

-------------------------------------------------------------

maybe you forgot to add dayz 1.2.1 and dayz weapons 1.1.1.

if its not like that I dont know.

Here's a picture of it

http://i.imgur.com/Va0wp.png

My brother was getting the exact same thing as you. Every time he tried to join he would bounce back to that screen. He had a new install too.

I would see him join but finally saw why he was getting booted off to that scree, his anti cheat was out of date.

When you launch Operation Arrowhead you can select the option to re-install Battleye Anti-Cheat. Doing this cleared up the issue.

I had this same problem and tried many different things. What finally fixed it for me was within Steam I went to the properties for Arma 2:OA and I selected the Verify Game Files option.

Once it verified it told me that it had to re-download some files, once it did that it worked first time and has been working fine since.

I hope that helps someone.

Foggy

Kay, Validating Steam Files. Will edit if it worked.

€dit: Worked, but now I get "Waiting for server response".